• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Özil at Real was world class. Özil at Arsenal was mediocre. The money wasted on him could have been invested better but again that's hindsight.

Ødegaard who has half the talent that Özil did will achieve more at Arsenal.

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
Feel the thread will remain open as long as Özil remains bigger than whatever current Arsenal is.

Controversies with Erdogan aside, he's inevitably linked with the sinking ship theory, the idea that Arsenal was in massive decline after reaching the EL final and ending one point off 4th in the league. Making up falls from grace would justify this full rebuild and this long long period of the club delivering quite inferior football than we were doing with Mesut as a protagonist.

Well, it wouldn't really justify anything, but at least it will help things make sense for some people.. in a way

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Feel the thread will remain open as long as Özil remains bigger than whatever current Arsenal is.

Controversies with Erdogan aside, he's inevitably linked with the sinking ship theory, the idea that Arsenal was in massive decline after reaching the EL final and ending one point off 4th in the league. Making up falls from grace would justify this full rebuild and this long long period of the club delivering quite inferior football than we were doing with Mesut as a protagonist.

Well, it wouldn't really justify anything, but at least it will help things make sense for some people.. in a way
Honestly, whose sock puppet account is this?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why you and @Jury doing the whole “glad the truth is out” bs :lol:, it’s like by keep repeating this you are trying to convince yourself you won some battle.
Don’t understate it lad, we won the battle ages ago. But old Mesut is the gift that keeps giving, so the victory parade goes on, with you being our most loyal spectator! There’s no parade without a crowd 🥳

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You sound more wounded than @GDeep™ tbh. That’s a hell of an imagination you’ve got there. Love this stuff. It’s just a continuation of the car crash 🤣

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

Isn't this guy best friend of Özil? Not saying he should add him due to that but gotze, sane over Özil? 🤔

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Why you and @Jury doing the whole “glad the truth is out” bs :lol:, it’s like by keep repeating this you are trying to convince yourself you won some battle.
I mean large portions of this forum seemed to have their head in the sand regarding his attitude issues. People who saw this were constantly battled with.

I think now it’s quite unequivocal, that he has not been as committed as he should be since the WC win / big contract, and he actually frustrated a lot of his managers and employers by being an abrasive character.

2 clubs in a row where he has had big big issues, and 3 coaches in a row where he has had issues with. Pretty sure he was seen as a god by some in Turkey and he still pissed a bunch of people off.

@CaseUteinberger @Jury
As Jury once famously said, Mission Accomplished.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@CaseUteinberger @Jury
As Jury once famously said, Mission Accomplished.
I don’t lay claim to the ‘mission accomplished’ tag—some smart, magnanimous mod gave me that. It actually enraged a few people 😀

Just realised that not only has old Mes joined FC Erdogan, but his new manager is no other than rampant serial convicted racist, Emre Belozoglu… 😆

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Özil at Real was world class. Özil at Arsenal was mediocre. The money wasted on him could have been invested better but again that's hindsight.

Woah really? Özil mediocre here? He fell off in his last seasons but before that he was destroying this league by himself.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Woah really? Özil mediocre here? He fell off in his last seasons but before that he was destroying this league by himself.
Destroying the league?

Post goals scored and assists each of his years along with what we won those years.

Entropics

Established Member

Özil brought back silverware for this team

Ødegaard brought the experience of lacking European football, can't compete.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

🤦‍♂️
It is posts like this that make me think about enabling the 🤡 reaction again. Fully deserving of it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
🤦‍♂️
It is posts like this that make me think about enabling the 🤡 reaction again. Fully deserving of it.
When you've watched Bergkamp, Henry Vieira etc for me Özil at his peak was brilliant. But his peak last very little. Couple of seasons out of what about 7 years.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

When you've watched Bergkamp, Henry Vieira etc for me Özil at his peak was brilliant. But his peak last very little. Couple of seasons out of what about 7 years.
😔
Ok, then you must have enjoyed Ødegaard's peak too, as he was giving away penalties at key matches v. United and others away last season.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
😔
Ok, then you must have enjoyed Ødegaard's peak too, as he was giving away penalties at key matches v. United and others away last season.
You can't compare one player at the start of their club career and one at the end.

Özil 3 Fa cups. Decent return but again so often disappeared when we needed him most.

So basically in order for Ødegaard to have had a bigger impact to the club than Özil he will need to deliver a league title, a European title, or a few FA cups while helping us get CL football once or twice.

It's not beyond belief.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom