• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Cue the n0nces on here saying “I thought he retired in 2018”
187-ABE9-D-B783-4317-A3-CB-100-DFAD855-EF.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The 2014/2015 team that retained the FA cup will always be one of my fav Arsenal squads, and Özil was a big part of that.

Superb player and one I am glad played for my team, enjoy your Fortnite-themed retirement Mes!

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lots and lots of potential and success across his career. Gave us some great moments too but overall wasted his potential and retires from a position of being banished by quite a few managers in a row.

I think that says it all about his attitude, but his talent was clearly there and now it’s all said it done he has some big trophies to his name like multiple La Ligas and the World Cup.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lots and lots of potential and success across his career. Gave us some great moments too but overall wasted his potential and retires from a position of being banished by quite a few managers in a row.

I think that says it all about his attitude, but his talent was clearly there and now it’s all said it done he has some big trophies to his name like multiple La Ligas and the World Cup.

A Sp**s fan (not Expressions) on the Youtube show Don Robbie does, said that Özil killed the number 10 position ffs 😅

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

This. I remember the sheer excitement of that glorious Monday of Sep 2nd, 2013.

There were some rumours of us going big on a German international and everyone thought it's Draxler (or Reus) as Arsène hinted with his classic smirk after beating AVB's Tottenham the day before.

Then Jan Fjortooft broke the internet by confirming our interest, soon after Podolski showed up with Özil and our shirt, and A_M was on fire. Özil was probably a worldwide trend on Twitter that day.

Here's the thread and it's funny that @Nacho was the first to react to the rumour (page 41)
Re: Mesut Özil

:lol: :lol:

https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/threads/mesut-Özil.22621/post-1979803

@Jury was equally excited by posting tons of gifs :lol:
Re: Mesut Özil

gif-guy-smoke-ring-811060.gif

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
The greatest last day signing EVER. I’ll forever remember and cherish the joy I’ve felt when his signing was announced.

I hate the way it ended, and he deserved a better treatment from the club and they should’ve supported him and stood by him after speaking against the Chinese government’s genocide against the Uyghur Muslims.

He’s one of my all time favourite Gunners, and I’ll always have love and respect for him and lastly I’m grateful to him for transforming the mentality of the team we’ve had when he joined and ultimately helping us end our trophy drought.

Thank you Mesut. May Allah keep blessing you and your family. ❤️

Ramadan Mubarak

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

lomekian

Essays are my thing
A genius whose effectiveness was undermined by the insufficient quality of teammates when he was at his best for us, and then by his injuries and lack of motivation following the German National Team nastiness - against a backdrop of tactical shifts within the game exposing his lack of defensive work-rate and pressing ability. While he was at his peak, he was well worth carrying in terms of his weaknesses, but when he started to decline, the reward was no longer worth the risk.

But, regardless, capable of moments that few others could get close to, and was wonderful to watch him during his first Arsenal contract.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Signing him on deadline day will never be forget and then he made his debut and created like 2912 chances. Just someone who came in and oozed WC quality from day one.

Ødegaard is the closest we've come to him since in terms of pure playmaking and while I rate their vision somewhat closely there's still a level between them when it comes to the execution of the pass.

Not a slight on Ødegaard at all, Özil was just a generational talent. Glad to have had him here even if it did end badly.

Top Bottom