• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Obviously very talented and for Madrid, Bremen and Germany a great player. I’ll acknowledge that, won’t see me tipping any hat though

the-simpsons-i-dont-recall-saying-good-luck.gif

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Isn’t the steers won’t forget type of players meant somewhat as a degrading label?

I’m thinking of players like taarabt and Ben arfa when I hear that meaning

Many seem to forget how good he was for us and only associate the bad times at the end. Very similar to Auba to how he’s viewed on here imo.

Özil was a crème de la crème baller for me. Players like him are a dying breed in the game, just have a look around Europe and I challenge you to name 10 better footballers than a peak Özil in his position.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
Such a shame how it all went. His technical ability and vision was really something else. Especially Prime Özil at Madrid. How he could find CR7 was breathtaking at times.

Was so hyped when he signed for us. There were times where we've seen the best of Özil, but in the end he never played at world class level consistantly.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Probably the most exciting signing ever imho along with Bergkamp for the older viewers.

It's just a shame we didn't have the team to seriously compete at the time & win the prem with him. I think if we had his legacy would have definitely been greater.
There were times when it seemed that we had Mesut'/Alexis & 9 random cloggers nowhere near the level.

A true artist & absolute joy to watch.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What’s this with all these players we thought had retired a while back now actually retiring? Adebayor’s was funny,I thought he’d retired much much earlier. While the footballing world has mostly moved on from the non hard pressing CAM, Özil was a brilliant player though, just beautiful to watch, always the right pace on those through passes, and my, what vision! Still remember him tying up Kante and co up in knots with his Cryuff turns. Made the game worth watching.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Signing him on deadline day will never be forget and then he made his debut and created like 2912 chances. Just someone who came in and oozed WC quality from day one.

Ødegaard is the closest we've come to him since in terms of pure playmaking and while I rate their vision somewhat closely there's still a level between them when it comes to the execution of the pass.

Not a slight on Ødegaard at all, Özil was just a generational talent. Glad to have had him here even if it did end badly.
If Özil had managed to equal Ødegaard's work-rate with the team out of possession, he would have been off the charts. Ødegaard doesn't have the same potential for transcendent genius, but his level of constant involvment makes him just as valuable.

Top Bottom