• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I very much doubt any CL club would've signed Özil and matched his wage demand. He was clearly past it even a year before that contract extension. You have to blame the club regime who proposed that contract though because it was pretty apparent. The new people figured the issue pretty clearly and subsequently didn't repeat the same mistake with Ramsey.

Whether Özil believed he could still cut it was contrary to the evidence. I really don't understand these recurring arguments.
Correct. In the end, it's yet another Gazidis **** up. He **** the bed as Sanchez was leaving at the same time. Özil made the best use of it and landed a bumper contract.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Correct. In the end, it's yet another Gazidis **** up. He **** the bed as Sanchez was leaving at the same time. Özil made the best use of it and landed a bumper contract.
Yeah but I doubt it was a Gazidis decision. The way Wenger handled Özil was embarrassing too.

Gazidis is now running my 2nd fav team at the top of Serie A table now.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
From the excitement of signing you to how it ended up is quite sad. Thanks for your part in helping us lift some silverware.

The less said about that contract the better but still a shame we couldn't see more of you this last year. All the best Mesut.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is the thing, the club panicked with the Özil situation, having let Alexis go to United we needed to make a statement in keeping Özil. In reality Özil probably never actually intended going anywhere and was using the contract situation as well as Alexis leaving as leverage to get the deal he ended up getting. It was typical of the mis-management which went on at the time, add that to Xhaka, Mustafi, Perez, Kolasinac, Lacazette and how we'd go on to appoint Emery, bringing in Raul and Sven too people with incredibly different philosophies in building a club, Sven of course having different views to Emery too.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Thanks for trying Mes. Good luck to you in turkey. I am sure the Fenerbache supporters will be whelmed with your performances.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's frustrating and sad what happen since late 2018 with him but i hope he reveal soon so we'll understand.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
its-over-its-finally-over.jpg

Tsl

I dont think he has been treated very well the last couple of years, he deserves to move on. Imagine being told you’re left out for “footballing reasons” while being the best player at the club :lol: Good luck Mes, the kind of player you want to see play for Arsenal

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
The problem was with Sanchez going we were forced into keeping Özil, they were our two marquee players and to lose them both at the same time would have been disastrous for the image of the club.
I don't blame the club for that, he effectively had us over a barrell, what I do blame them for is if they had sorted the contracts a year earlier like they should have I'm pretty certain both would have signed for around 200k.
You would have thought we would have learnt something as a club from the Van Persie fiasco.
Same thing with Saka, we should have offered him a contract as or even before he was promoted into the first team, he would have cost like 30-40k max.
Instead we wait for him to explode, contract running down and end up paying 100k or whatever it is and tbh we're bloody lucky he signed that, he could and probably should have gone somewhere better.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Özil in full flow was a sight to behold, he has given us sone truly beautiful moments. We must have saved some money on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom