• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I was today years old when I learned that Ozils best man has been deporting Uighur Muslims on the quiet from Turkey to China via third party countries.

Interesting stuff eh?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Not sure how much you can compare the likes of Santi, Diaby, Rosicky, Jack etc to Özil.

Those players were injury ridden after playing for us. I'd argue we had a duty of care to look after them and get them back to full fitness (Or as best as they could given their circumstances) before letting them leave.

The Özil situation seems largely attitude related to me.

I'm not just talking Özil or Arteta at Arsenal but if a players is not fully committed or bought into the project they should be moved on ASAP in my opinion.

One or two bad apples in that regard can spoil the barrel quite quickly.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I missed nothing at all. My only here problem is I can see through long winded, thinly veiled tantrums. While we haven't been on the ball with contracts, it is getting better and it's being addressed.

We 'ALL' weren't glad Özil got that massive contract; Jack was crocked and was worth nowt. He even says we 'let Caz go ffs... I mean, what?!! There's lots of exaggerations in there, half stories and prophecies of doom regarding contracts that have yet to be sorted. That's basically half of the wall. But people who hate our fans, the club and used to hang off Özil's nuts (no connection there at all...) will like it I suppose.

I really think you did. If you read that whole post and drew as reductive a conclusion as "he's hanging off of Ozils nuts", well you're basically just doubling down. This Özil stuff is becoming this forums own little infernal meme at this point.
Finesse made a series of points about the finer details on how contracts are managed, how the financial side of the running of the club had resulted in many top class personnel moving through the club, with little benefit from them as a financial asset. Your post just seems like you hit the default button of "it's an Özil tantrum".

Godwin1

Very well-known
The Özil situation seems largely attitude related to me.

I'm not just talking Özil or Arteta at Arsenal but if a players is not fully committed or bought into the project they should be moved on ASAP in my opinion.

One or two bad apples in that regard can spoil the barrel quite quickly.
Wenger summed it up a couple of years ago when he said the new contract put Özil in the comfort zone. Coming from the big man, who virtually never has negative things to say about former players, it's a pretty damning indictment.

Pyromaniac

I was today years old when I learned that Ozils best man has been deporting Uighur Muslims on the quiet from Turkey to China via third party countries.

Interesting stuff eh?

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/8001...key-now-fear-china-s-long-arm?t=1611311230229

Here is an article about Turkey's secret service handing over Uyghur dissidents to the Chinese. Since Turkey moved away from the EU, China has them by the balls. Turkey is also getting their Covid vaccine from China. So much for the strong leader Erdogan, who is making Turkey independent and fights off foreign influence.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

71-ACDBA2-593-B-4202-B58-E-018-A5257-A183.jpg

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
I really think you did. If you read that whole post and drew as reductive a conclusion as "he's hanging off of Ozils nuts", well you're basically just doubling down. This Özil stuff is becoming this forums own little infernal meme at this point.
Finesse made a series of points about the finer details on how contracts are managed, how the financial side of the running of the club had resulted in many top class personnel moving through the club, with little benefit from them as a financial asset. Your post just seems like you hit the default button of "it's an Özil tantrum".
It’s really not complicated so I have no idea why you keep insisting. There are no ‘finer details’ in there because if there were, the frankly ridiculous examples of Cazorla and Jack wouldn’t have been mentioned, to name but two. I touched on a few reasons why it was slanted and could have gone on and on, so could only then really arrive at one conclusion which involved swinging off a scrotum. Thankfully gravity always wins.

Last edited:

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

No tangent for this protracted transfer is too bizarre, until the official announcement anything could still happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom