• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Honestly if Fener has money issues at the time and knowing the problems Özil had at Arsenal it must be one of the more idiotic moves.

I haven't watched any of their games but numbers wise he looks fairly middle of the road. I'm sure there would be cheaper / lesser / younger players available who'd have a similar output.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Honestly if Fener has money issues at the time and knowing the problems Özil had at Arsenal it must be one of the more idiotic moves.

I haven't watched any of their games but numbers wise he looks fairly middle of the road. I'm sure there would be cheaper / lesser / younger players available who'd have a similar output.
His move there was much more than that.

They currently have a young Turkish attacking mid who's been starting for them anyways, so they've done what you said.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He had a few great games for us after it...but still think Mes mentally gave up with football after the double blow of losing Arsène (who was the perfect manager for him) and all the racist undertones of Germany's exit from the 2018 World Cup, think that took a lot out of him.

Özil had already done everything by that point pretty much, has been mainly going through the motions since.

One of the greatest playmakers at his peak though, no doubt.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Mesut has been finished quite some time. And it's nothing to do with his exquisite technical ability. Second to hardly anyone on that.

Regardless of what the exact reasoning is at Fener, mentally he is just no longer at top level.

Hope he moves to MLS or Middle East and puts some shine on the end of his career.

Bloodbather

Established Member

He's been awful. Effectively made the team play with 10 men defensively. They always looked better without him on the pitch because him playing forced out Fener's better attacking mids like Dimitris Pelkas and İrfan Can Kahveci.

Hope the people here who expected him to run circles around the Süper Lig are eating crow. The guy was physically and mentally finished when he made the move.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Edit: My apologies for the double post, @A__G. I didn't read the previous page.

Removed from the Fenerbahce squad for arguing with the manager, lol

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Edit: My apologies for the double post, @A__G. I didn't read the previous page.

Removed from the Fenerbahce squad for arguing with the manager, lol

Thought he had a good season after the first time directly after his move. At least he scored some and had some assists. But seems not all was well. Too bad it seems a bit of a repeat of what went on here.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He's been awful. Effectively made the team play with 10 men defensively. They always looked better without him on the pitch because him playing forced out Fener's better attacking mids like Dimitris Pelkas and İrfan Can Kahveci.

Hope the people here who expected him to run circles around the Süper Lig are eating crow. The guy was physically and mentally finished when he made the move.
Do you watch the Super Lig? I don't and have only seen some highlights of him scoring. Honestly though he was having a good season and time. Seems not though.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Rest assured there is a Long Fenner thread active with Özil followers warring with their other fans. You can almost write the posts word for word.

Glad we are done with all that shenanigans tbh. I distinctly remember a few weeks after he left we had a run of bad results people were posting on here “Well, you’ve got your Arsenal back! aRE yOu HaPpY nOw? :mad:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

I can't see a reason why Nacho would have an axe to grind here to be honest.

Mesut was one of the most gifted players to ever play for us and he did a lot of good things on the pitch for us but I thinks it's beyond a reasonable doubt now that his attitude and general commitment levels were very poor, at least in the last few seasons with us.

Arteta gets perceived as a PR merchant but Mesut was next level with it :lol: Managed to convince half the fanbase by his tweets and PR statements that he was being persecuted by the club and was still committed to being a top level footballer while spending his days playing fortnite :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I was at Wenger's last game and he interestingly enough didn't figure. He was in the executive box with his people looking at his phone the whole time, so I don't doubt Monreal tbh.

Me and my guys didn't even bother speaking to him which says it all at the time really.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
As I said, I think Özil just lost motivation... don't think he is some type of horrible person, or anything.

All players hit "the wall" at some point, just gotta make sure you have left a legacy, in terms of performances and trophies, before that happens...which Mes certainly did.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
1415555248291_Image_galleryImage_SWANSEA_WALES_NOVEMBER_09.JPG

2891063400000578-3077355-Gomis_rises_to_beat_Arsenal_left_back_Nacho_Monreal_and_Laurent_-a-6_1431383491181.jpg

Guy let Bafetimbi Gomis dunk on him twice

Angry Manchester City GIF by DAZN

Top Bottom