• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I think sometimes people need something to believe in. It seems like Saliba is kind of the new messiah/cult leader now. The story of Arsenal fans becoming online members of OGC Nice to vote him player of the month is genius :D

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I honestly feel Partey at his best, is a world class player.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Özil seems to forget he’s not that guy anymore. His antics can’t run when you’re no longer the top boy in modern football. I love the guy but he comes across as a washed up actor in the 90s who still thinks they’re the dogs b*llocks.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still surprises me the level of idolisation Özil gets from some posters here. Feel that they wouldn't mind us being relegated as long as they got their dose of Özil in an Arsenal shirt. Weird lot the whole bunch.
He’s just a player people like, there is nothing more to it. Look at the crowds outside the Emirates when we signed him. He’s been massively rated in England since he was 17.

What is weird to me is you and others constantly having a downer on fans who still hold him in some regard.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

What is weird to me is you and others constantly having a downer on fans who still hold him in some regard.
I actually still hold him in regard. For the player he was though and not for the player he is. This is where I parted ways with many posters here. Many here seem to make up their minds on a player and then come hell or high water that is what they think about that player. Forgetting that players and managers change, go out of form, lose their way, get outdated etc. Just part of life and the normal course of things. I loved Alexis to bits, but I would not want him back now. That train has passed and we move on.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s just a player people like, there is nothing more to it. Look at the crowds outside the Emirates when we signed him. He’s been massively rated in England since he was 17.

I think we can accept that once upon a time Özil was a superstar but those days are long gone and he seems to have trouble accepting that. This is the third club where there has been issues regarding Özil and I’ve grown past the idea that everyone hates Özil snd he’s the victim. He can be a great footballer but a problematic assh@le, both things can be true. He has baggage and unfortunately for Fenerbache they’re dealing with it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I think we can accept that once upon a time Özil was a superstar but those days are long gone and he seems to have trouble accepting that. This is the third club where there has been issues regarding Özil and I’ve grown past the idea that everyone hates Özil snd he’s the victim. He can be a great footballer but a problematic assh@le, both things can be true. He has baggage and unfortunately for Fenerbache they’re dealing with it.
I actually have a better theory, and one I think holds water: Ali Koc and the rest of Fenerbahce hierarchy are a bunch of islamophobes and that is why they criticise Özil. The fact that Özil is over the hill and a bit is a pompous arse isn't part of it! All very disturbing! :mad:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Shame what's happened to him. No-one to blame but himself though. I thought going to Fener might relight that fire in him, but obviously not.

One of those players that you look at his CV and think 'What a career' and it was a great career but those that know how talented a footballer he was will recognise he never fully became what he could have been.

Mesut's a prime example that talent isn't everything, you've got to have the right mentality and drive to fully reach your potential.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Looks like same old issues manifesting again at his new club, of course this is of zero surprise to many posters here.

Perhaps if one of the old acolytes who regularly proclaimed Özil as a saint lets us know that they now see the light? I think we could then all finally heal together and this thread will transform into a fitting memorial of harmonious tribute.

Possibly.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Thanks, dad.

Hopefully one day I can make you accept me and my tag.
I’ll be quitting AM if it’s not removed in 24 hours. Hope @American_Gooner takes notice.
Shame what's happened to him. No-one to blame but himself though. I thought going to Fener might relight that fire in him, but obviously not.

One of those players that you look at his CV and think 'What a career' and it was a great career but those that know how talented a footballer he was will recognise he never fully became what he could have been.

Mesut's a prime example that talent isn't everything, you've got to have the right mentality and drive to fully reach your potential.
what’s happened to him? He’s just got old and washed up, like every other player.

Think it’s also dangerous to question his mentality, the guy has played for the best clubs, at the highest level and won stuff. His creative stats are some of the best ever. He won 4 trophies at Arsenal when we had that barren run.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I actually have a better theory, and one I think holds water: Ali Koc and the rest of Fenerbahce hierarchy are a bunch of islamophobes and that is why they criticise Özil. The fact that Özil is over the hill and a bit is a pompous arse isn't part of it! All very disturbing! :mad:
You still here? You post more in here than the Özil lovers.

That guy calling you an islamaphobe was way out of line.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Looks like same old issues manifesting again at his new club, of course this is of zero surprise to many posters here.

Perhaps if one of the old acolytes who regularly proclaimed Özil as a saint lets us know that they now see the light? I think we could then all finally heal together and this thread will transform into a fitting memorial of harmonious tribute.

Possibly.
Who called him a saint? The argument was always he was still able to deliver but Arteta isn’t playing him for whatever reasons.

Let’s talk about guys who blamed him and has camp for “leaks” yet we are still getting leaks out of the club today? Why demonise him like that? I know a post where @CaseUteinberger was happy that he’s gone so we would not get anymore leaks, yet they still continue.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom