• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Özil talent yes, application no. Money and politics went to his head. Should have kept alexis over this guy!!
Club would have had to break the bank to keep him like they did with Özil before he downed tools, and you get the feeling the last few years of Alexis’ new contract would have turned out very expensive in hindsight. At least he ended up choosing a career when it came to the crunch at Man Utd.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Pure talent wise Özil would be good enough to get into most sides, if he was mentally into it.

That's not the point though. There's no room for luxury players like him at the top level of the game anymore. You've got to put a shift in, got to track back, not be scared to put your foot in , be able to press etc.

The games just passed players like Özil by.
That’s says more about the game than him, you have to be an Olympic runner to play football today.

He’s finished now, he’s 34.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That was the 100% truth though. This board is the only fan forum on the internet where you’d find fans of the club rooting for an outsider sniping at us on Twitter after getting hammered. Tell me where else that’d happen 😂
Who rooted for him? Quote the post? A lot of time is just light trolling maybe. You do it yourself on a lot of subjects.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I don’t buy the “money got to his head” like. You hear it about everyone - Özil, Auba, Pogba, Sancho, Alexis after he got that money at Utd etc. It’s an easy thing to say. Same thing will happen to Salah.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

I don’t buy the “money got to his head” like. You hear it about everyone - Özil, Auba, Pogba, Sancho, Alexis after he got that money at Utd etc. It’s an easy thing to say. Same thing will happen to Salah.
Its true though bar Sancho on your list. The best e.g Cr7 and Messi got the cash but maintained the level. The others youv'e mentioned haven't, its not a cop out statement!

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Club would have had to break the bank to keep him like they did with Özil before he downed tools, and you get the feeling the last few years of Alexis’ new contract would have turned out very expensive in hindsight. At least he ended up choosing a career when it came to the crunch at Man Utd.
I believe he was happy here and regretted taking the cash/move.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Pure talent wise Özil would be good enough to get into most sides, if he was mentally into it.

That's not the point though. There's no room for luxury players like him at the top level of the game anymore. You've got to put a shift in, got to track back, not be scared to put your foot in , be able to press etc.

The games just passed players like Özil by.
O Özil, Özil, wherefore art thou Özil? ... he is what he is, our prince!

Too bad we entered into that last contract with him. Would have been much better to let him leave similar to what we did with Alexis. And if we would have kept one it should have been Alexis, but not sure that would have worked either, and I absolutely love that little warrior!

Ay there’s the rub... it was probably best to get rid of them both.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

He gave it back, that's all. Tit for tat, nothing deep. Usual suspects on here were practically noshing Özil off after he tweeted the same after we'd just played City with ten men for an hour due to silly bollocks getting sent, and losing 5-0. You can hate a manager all you like, but when you take glee in seeing outsiders mock the club for everyone to laugh at (as long as it's not AFTV making us laughing stocks, it's cool apparently...) that's when you enter sh!thouse traitor territory. Wouldn't see that reaction from 'fans' of any other club. So I suppose certain gimps are right to an extent, when they cry about our fans bEiNg tHe wOrSt iN tHe lEagUe... A certain bunch most definitely are.
I find enjoying Özil or Emi taking cheap shots at the club and current manager just that, cheap! It will always be to the liking of some posters I guess. Honestly think Arteta wasn't all that wrong in his differentiation between fans and supporters. Unfortunately on A-M there are a lot of fans.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Who rooted for him? Quote the post? A lot of time is just light trolling maybe. You do it yourself on a lot of subjects.
Nah, I might exaggerate a stance for effect but you won’t ever find me on the other side of the fence throwing stones at myself. It’s real anyway, they aren’t trolling. They either lost connection or never had a connection with the club in the first place. A lot of people here only started supporting the club because of Wenger or Henry etc so there’s your answer really. When those icons vanish they’re left trying the hang on to something that’s not there for them anymore. You do that to an extent as well. More a fan of an era than the actual club.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Any mention of Özil on social media descends into all out war in the comments sections. Divisive doesn’t even come close, we need a new word.

Some mesmerising performances in his early Arsenal career overshadowed by a malevolent cocktail of publicised philanthropy, politics, mystery illness, outside business interests and passive aggressive posting.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This Hashtag ***** kicking off again...

...goes on about that time, as if 2015/2016 wasn't one of Mes' best seasons...then in 16/17 Özil had another quality season, winning another FA Cup, while Chunky flopped back to Ligue Uber Eats.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
This Hashtag * kicking off again...

...goes on about that time, as if 2015/2016 wasn't one of Mes' best seasons...then in 16/17 Özil had another quality season, winning another FA Cup, while Chunky flopped back to Ligue Uber Eats.
"How many people have to explain to you why Özil is good? I can just show you this and you go 'ah Payet, yeah he's awesome".

What a ****ing joke of an argument to make. Ridiculous.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom