• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Över and Öut

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

AM Özil Stans:

5553-A08-E-DB9-B-46-F0-9-AE1-BA36-E57-DD619.gif

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Like I said in the heated arguments, there are likely many reasons why Özil was dropped by Arteta. Here is Arteta on "Özil".

"Arsenal's squad is tighter as a result, and Arteta believes the improved chemistry is helping them on the pitch.

"Every day, you see their faces when they walk to the training ground, always paying attention, and then how they connect with each other and how they talk to the staff," he says.

"When they are doing any activity, where is the energy there? What is the focus when they are training? How much attention are they paying to what we are demanding to do? How do they interact with each other when things aren't going that well?

"And, for me, the most important thing in the end is when they talk about the club, about how they are feeling here, how is their body language? What are the words that they use to describe how they are? When that's positive, I think you are in the right direction."

That is not to say Arteta isn't keeping them on their toes.

Aubameyang's absence against Sp**s was a reminder that the manager's stance on his "non-negotiables" is unchanged.

"It's our platform, it's the way we live together, and if there is not respect, if there is not trust, if there are not values that we represent every day, nothing is going to happen to achieve what we want to do," Arteta adds.

"We have to be so stable. We have to be so specific, so detailed and so good to challenge the top teams in this country and in Europe, that if you don't have that discipline and that togetherness, you're not going to achieve it, I'm 100 per cent sure, because quality-wise we are still not there.""

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Respite for the battered Özil mob, who once lobbied the mods to have an appreciation thread... Well this is the nearest you’ve got to one, so where are you now? 😴
It sure is silent! We need to wait for that first assist or a shanked shot that that rolls over the line for his fanboys to return. I must say I wonder what the Fenerbahce fans are thinking about getting him over Christmas? What a present! :shivering:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It sure is silent! We need to wait for that first assist or a shanked shot that that rolls over the line for his fanboys to return. I must say I wonder what the Fenerbahce fans are thinking about getting him over Christmas? What a present! :shivering:

I think there's a growing acceptance even among his more vociferous supporters that he's washed up and has been for a couple of years.

Shame how his career has panned out in it's later stages. It's criminal that a player of his natural ability has been done since the age of 29-30. It would be fun if he found a bit of that spark again in Turkey. Hopefully he comes back from injury with a bit of a point to prove anyway.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Nothing new on the Özil front I take it? All the fighting we used to have and now nothing... Where are the Özil fanboys? Couldn't they at least post some grainy tribute videos? 😴

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Keeping this thread alive. Found this article on the boy prince's trials and tribulations after finally being set free from the evil Arteta!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mesut-Özil-arsenal-fenerbahce-injured-23895274

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It ended badly for Mes here, very badly tbh.

But I hope the fans still remember what a quality player he was for us, he was a part of our best ever Emirates era so far and was with the first squad to win a trophy after the stadium move, which was massive for us...should be remembered very well here, imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Özil was beyond finished for a while now but the victory laps some of the Edu lovers on here were taking in January were hilarious.

We’re basically paying him and a few others to play for other teams. Any DoF would be able to do that ffs, you could hire @rich 1990 tomorrow and he’d be able to pay other clubs to take our players.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If we are paying him that much, we should have just kept him and played him tbh
Where is the logic in that if he is as washed up and poor as he actually is? Look at him in Turkey. He cannot even cut it there.

If you like him remember him from 5-10 years ago! But that player is history!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Where is the logic in that if he is as washed up and poor as he actually is? Look at him in Turkey. He cannot even cut it there.

I agree it probably made the most sense from a finance perspective...get rid of Özil at all costs, as even if we played him in these last 2 seasons, his game had declined that he wasn't worth £300,000 a week anymore.

Though it did bring a lot of negative press towards both the club and player, tbh...considering his contract was up at the end of this season, keeping him around the squad and using him in certain matches/having him on the bench, would have been better all round imo...as he would have been gone soon enough anyway and he was still useful, plus we are almost certainly still paying him a large portion of that wage anyway!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'm fully convinced the start of the season would have been a lot better with Özil in the middle behind Lacazette, even if he had a bit part sub role.

The treatment of Özil ended up hurting us more than it did Özil if we are honest. Financially we suffered, in the press we suffered cause Özil exposed the club for the joke that it is, and on the pitch we suffered.

If you are smart, you'll see that Özil is essentially being paid to shut up, cause the club is just so bad and I am sure there is tons more he could share about the shenanigans at executive level.

Zero logic was applied here it has to be said. The only plus was ESR somehow emerged from all this at the start of the year.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Obviously there’s no argument for him starting over MØ and ESR post Christmas.

Let’s not forget though Arteta played Lacazette and Ceballos as 10s before that. It was putrid stuff.

Glad he’s gone because he was a sideshow but paying him almost his full wage until May to sit in the Fener treatment room is still an L.

Top Bottom