• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
frikkin arsenal board wanted a transfer fee for him to sell him to saudi frikkin arabia. thats the real fight. Özil says he signed on to see out his contract and dont want no club to sell him for money.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

yeah man... you alone saw ganduzi's genius .. keep on drippin

It was pretty good to see that under each Emery, Ljungberg & Arteta they chose youngsters who performed similarly rather than this old has been footballer called Özil.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If his base salary was 350k then they’d report the figure which includes all the bonuses, not just the 350k. Look how they reported Willian’s salary recently. He’s definitely not on as much as you think.
I hope this is the case and if it is, then I honestly can’t see why he isn’t in the squad based on who’s in it.

I flip flop on this guy so much just because of how little facts there are.

One thing I am definitely sure of- I will be glad when he’s gone. Shame we’ve only gone and signed Willian on a reportedly stupid salary also, we don’t learn. Thanks for reminding me.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
@kash2 you ok my friend, no ?
images

MikeVinna

Established Member
These statements by Arteta are making him look like a chump. Who really believes that he’s the one making the choice here :lol: There’s just no way..

Moleque

So basically have to take Arteta’s word for it that he found everybody in the 25 man squad more useful than Özil.

Same Özil who even in average form ranked in the top four in our squad for all creative metrics.

Alright Mikel. It’s your funeral. :lol:
I really don't think Mikel's too worried about that to be honest.

Badger_Revenge

Based on the way Arteta has set up the team, the level of commitment he requires in pressing, and Özil's performances the last two years, this decision was predictable. I'm surprised people are surprised. There is really no place for him on the team now. He wants a free role, and has little defensive discipline or nous. Arsenal won't compete with current personnel if he brings those qualities, along with his inconsistency, to the pitch. If there were still 5 subs per match, maybe, maybe he is kept on the squad. With only three, no way.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Can't we just escape turmoil and fan division for once? It's been one thing after another recently. Hate that this has bubbled up into this. He's paid handsomely whether he plays or not and our manager has indicated he won't. Back the club and let's move on.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
So Arteta has said it's his decision and his alone. Remember when he just came in some were saying be doesn't seem to be or he wont be a puppet? Are you sticking to that or will the narrative change now? Is he lying for the board? If yes, will you still support him? If it really is his decision, what will you do now as an Özil fan? ArtetaOut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom