• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Absolutely, we know Mesut doesn’t have the work ethic to match what Arteta demands of our players. But I still think that’s not nearly as influential in the decision to leave him out as all of the off-field stuff has been.

Yes agree when you see him employing Willian and Willock at false 9, you know it’s things other than football.

Anyway you can’t have this with the agent better to tear up his contract now.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Everyone here knows I’m very much in support of the administration at arsenal and I’m the company man, so to speak.

But we all know the argument of leaving Mesut out for footballing reasons is pure horseshit, especially when guys like Willock/Elneny routinely stink up the joint in midfield.

If I had to speculate, it’s a combination of his criticism of China and the pay-cut refusal.

I don’t think it’s China, he played a lot after that incident. It’s more likely the refusal to take a wage cut and they probably save a decent chunk on bonuses (assist bonus, goal bonus, appearance bonus etc).

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
We've literally had Arteta and the club both come out and say that Mesut was left out for footballing reasons. If you can't accept that, then there's literally nothing that the club could say that could change your mind. It couldn't have been more definitive.
If a video came out of Arteta telling Özil he was lazy and wasn't committed enough to play for Arsenal again, some would call it a Chinese deep fake :lol:

The mental gymnastics people go through on here to justify believing something they want to be true is enough to make a Qanon believer blush in embarrassment.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I don’t think it’s China, he played a lot after that incident. It’s more likely the refusal to take a wage cut and they probably save a decent chunk on bonuses (assist bonus, goal bonus, appearance bonus etc).
I don't understand why people can't see that it is this?

Even his base 350k is too much for anything he can muster up in 2020, imagine what he is entitled if he actually notches numbers and appearances. Definitely paying for the sins of our previous regime.

Possibly repeated it again with Willian and (hopefully not) Auba.

GDeep™

League is very weak
For Arsenal fans this is frustrating, and most are on the side of Özil.

We can’t use him, we don’t really know why, we’ve then not replaced him, and what we’re watching is dead too, it’s like every direction has a block.

Obviously Arteta doesn’t want to say too much, and Özil can’t say anything as that would break his contract.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor

Could be, but it seems such a trivial move to completely write off the last year of use for an asset. The 70 odd thousand a week they would have saved had he taken the cut pales compared to letting 350k go with no use.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I don't understand why people can't see that it is this?

Even his base 350k is too much for anything he can muster up in 2020, imagine what he is entitled if he actually notches numbers and appearances. Definitely paying for the sins of our previous regime.

Possibly repeated it again with Willian and (hopefully not) Auba.
neither Willian nor Auba have Özil's poor me victim mentality, and Auba seems to take great pride in being captain, so I think it unlikely either will sit back and rake in the cash

GDeep™

League is very weak
neither Willian nor Auba have Özil's poor me victim mentality, and Auba seems to take great pride in being captain, so I think it unlikely either will sit back and rake in the cash
:rofl:

Willian dumped a CL club so he could come here to rake in the cash.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’ve been saying a lot of stuff that isn’t true lately lad, and this is more of it!
Nah, watching various YouTube football shows/chats the general vibe is “these guys aren’t doing anything Özil couldn’t”.

He even has support from current and former players, Arsenal and non Arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Nah, watching various YouTube football shows/chats the general vibe is “these guys aren’t doing anything Özil couldn’t”.

He even has support from current and former players, Arsenal and non Arsenal.
They’re pro Özil channels. You aren’t going to watch anything else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom