• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
The world will still go round if he is not around. AFC will keep winning. Madrid won even after Ronaldo left.

I talk about playing a kid as a #10, and you immediately bring up his 'drive/desire/determination'. Özil hasn't played for 2 years, incidentally.

Funny how you bring all the arguments back to Özil. As if he has taken some loan from you and didn't return it.

Exactly. The hatred is bizarrely extreme.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The world will still go round if he is not around. AFC will keep winning. Madrid won even after Ronaldo left.

I talk about playing a kid as a #10, and you immediately bring up his 'drive/desire/determination'. Özil hasn't played for 2 years, incidentally.

Funny how you bring all the arguments back to Özil. As if he has taken some loan from you and didn't return it.

You're just making stuff up at this point. 2 years? Mesut's last game for us was the 7th of March 2020 against West Ham. Less than 10 months ago.

Yeah, funny how on the Mesut Özil thread I bring the topic back to Mesut Özil :facepalm:

Let's just leave it at this point. We're not getting anywhere.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Just to be clear if people disagree with what I've said about Özil as a player or his mentality fair enough. We can debate those points or not, I'm cool with that either way.

When you start insinuating stuff, about me, I'm assuming, disliking a footballer because of unsavoury reasons regarding his heritage, religion, race or whatever, that's over the line and you no evidence for that, because I've provided none.

Shocking stuff. I'll stay away from this thread if that's the sort of accusations that go on when someone has a divergent opinion that they don't like.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You're just making stuff up at this point. 2 years? Mesut's last game for us was the 7th of March 2020 against West Ham. Less than 10 months ago.

Yeah, funny how on the Mesut Özil thread I bring the topic back to Mesut Özil :facepalm:

Let's just leave it at this point. We're not getting anywhere.
He assisted Laca in his last game, I do remember that.

He has played 0 games this season.

so what is your problem in people calling for his inclusion?

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wow, that’s pretty emotional from a ‘trusted’ poster, whatever that is :no:
Check the thread history. I wasn't even involved until he called someone a clown, which triggered me.

Just to be clear if people disagree with what I've said about Özil as a player or his mentality fair enough. We can debate those points or not, I'm cool with that either way.

When you start insinuating stuff, about me, I'm assuming, disliking a footballer because of unsavoury reasons regarding his heritage, religion, race or whatever, that's over the line and you no evidence for that, because I've provided none.

Shocking stuff. I'll stay away from this thread if that's the sort of accusations that go on when someone has a divergent opinion that they don't like.
If you're hating on a person who is not in the team, it does seem like you have something personal against him. Even I had problems with some players because I just didn't like them.

But do not call others stupid for not sharing your opinions.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Check the thread history. I wasn't even involved until he called someone a clown, which triggered me.

If you're hating on a person who is not in the team, it does seem like you have something personal against him. Even I had problems with some players because I just didn't like them.

But do not call others stupid for not sharing your opinions.

I've haven't used the word clown today as far as I know.

I definitely haven't called anyone stupid either.

Like I said, I'm finished with this thread. Maybe I've contributed to heating debate up a bit but I think I've generally been pretty courteous interacting with people with different views on here, which is more than I've got in return.

It's only an Internet forum so it's no major deal but insinuating I've got nefarious racial / ethnic reasons for disliking a player is very poor form. I've given you no reason to think that.

Just for clarification, which I shouldn't have to give, I dislike him because I believe he's got a bad mentality is lazy and has severely underperformed while on such a huge contract. It wouldn't matter to me if he was from the moon or his skin was green.

Last edited:

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just for clarification, which I shouldn't have to give, I dislike him because I believe he's got a bad mentality is lazy and has severely underperformed while on such a huge contract. It wouldn't matter to me if he was from the moon or his skin was green.
fair enough.

gamechannel

I definitely haven't called anyone stupid either.

Like I said, I'm finished with this thread. Maybe I've contributed to heating debate up a bit but I think I've generally been pretty courteous interacting with people with different views on here, which is more than I've got in return.

It's only an Internet forum so it's no major deal but insinuating I've got nefarious racial / ethic reasons for disliking a player is very poor form. I've given you no reason to think that.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Your comtinuous negative posts do give people the reason to believe that your hatred for the man goes beyond footballing reasons despite your objection to that notion. There's absolutely no reason for you continuous hate for the man when he hasn't kicked the ball this season and has no bearing on our sad state in the PL table.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !

That's called a strawman. A narrative that's created because it's easier to defeat than ones based on reality. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This thread consistently draws out all the bile, hatred and division in posters.

It’s a bit like Gotham City.

Just reading the responses, insults and subsequent arguments to that Özil tweet, it’s a mirror to the conflicts on this thread.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well he acting like someone who not involved here anymore i hope he do us a favor and move on this window talking like that won't bring him back to team

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He assisted Laca in his last game, I do remember that.

He has played 0 games this season.

so what is your problem in people calling for his inclusion?

In the interest of completeness it should be pointed out that his post match player rating for this final game and the one before that (Europa loss) were extremely poor.

He was brilliant a few games prior against Newcastle.

This is what you get, the occasional brilliant game followed by phases of mediocrity. Not what we need now, plus he will be completely and utterly demotivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom