• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Think This Might Be It For Me(sut)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Arteta can make any football decisions he likes if that really is the reason but I just hope we aren’t worse than watching paint dry this season. I know özil wouldn’t make us peak Barca but when we’ve been as boring as we have been you’d think he’d at least have a place on the bench. But oh well, this is so tired. Can’t wait till we’re good again & have more interesting topics like PL or CL run lol

Kav

Established Member
Arteta is doing a Wenger and letting the owner, the Board and their cronies hide behind him, and we all know what happened to Arsène eventually.

End of the day he takes the blame, but the blame for what? For leaving him out of the Europa League squad? For football reasons? Is Özil, even if he may have declined, supposed to be less of a player than Cedric, Kolasinac or Elneny? Nonsense!

If it's lack of fitness he should say so. Basically if he's going to talk about it he should give his reasons and stick by them but he seems to be apologising rather than explainng. How odd.

This is what is intriguing. It appears no one on either side is willing to come out and declare what is exactly going on and why there hasn't been a resolution.

There is not one person at the club who can say alright everybody let us sit down and sort this out, air out what ever grievances and find a way forward?

As I said previously, this whole thing looks bad and no one is going to come out of it in a good light. Makes Arsenal, Özil and Mikel look bad.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
This is what is intriguing. It appears no one on either side is willing to come out and declare what is exactly going on and why there hasn't been a resolution.

There is not one person at the club who can say alright everybody let us sit down and sort this out, air out what ever grievances and find a way forward?

As I said previously, this whole thing looks bad and no one is going to come out of it in a good light. Makes Arsenal, Özil and Mikel look bad.
Mikel says a lot without really saying anything...then he talks about things that have happened over 6 yrs and the hostile atmosphere... funny. Pragmatic decision though .... will help ease the rabid rabble's, and i include the referees, response towards him and the team..

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Under Arteta, Özil ranks in the top 3/4 for chances created and expected assists despite playing half of the minutes of others in those lists.

So are those stats averages over 90 minutes or overall.

Or why do you mention "half of the minutes" Willy?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

So are those stats averages over 90 minutes or overall.

Or why do you mention "half of the minutes" Willy?
Overall.

xG is a cumulative total over a span of games and chances created is obviously just a sum number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom