• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mevlüt Erdinç

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
12/10/2008 15:47
Arsène Set To Bid For Erding
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger is set to bolster his squad in January with a bid for highly rated Turkish starlet Mevlut Erding.

The young Sochaux striker has been hitting headlines in France for his impressive ability, and has been making his mark at international level, helping Turkey reach the semi-finals of the European Championships in the summer.

The 21-year-old has been at Les Lionceaux for the last five years, and his contract ends in June of next year, so rather than risk losing him for free next summer, Sochaux will be more open to offers in January, and Arsenal are reportedly ready to make a bid for the youngster.

The France-born Turkish international has scored 17 goals in 51 league appearances for Sochaux since his promotion to the first team from the youth team in 2003.

Erding is also becoming a bigger player in the Turkey international setup, and now has eight international caps to his name, scoring his only goal for his country in yesterdays 2-1 win over Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Arsenal have seemingly been in hot pursuit of another striker to provide backup for their current roster, and came close to signing Brazilian sensation Diogo from Brazilian Serie A club Portuguesa during the summer. However, they ended up pulling out of the bidding war, allowing Diogo to move to Olympiacos of Greece.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=908597" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=908597</a>

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: Turkey striker Erding linked

I don't know anything about him, but I don't know why we'd be after another striker with more pressing needs.

sabret00the

Established Member

He looks a fit for us, but we've up to our elbows in strikers already, unless someones on their way out, i can't see it happening.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I stopped reading from when I saw 'starlet'.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

According to some reports today Arsène WENGER is ready to sell moody Emmanuel Adebayor to AC Milan this summer.

So “IF” this was true who is going to be the man to replace him?

Well a source in France has told Arsenal Action that Mevlüt Erdinç “Could” sign for Arsenal in the next 4 weeks (June) for a Free as his contract is up.

Wenger is a big fan for the FC Sochaux powerhouse and has sent Giles Grimandi to watch him a number of times this season.

Other players linked as possible replacements for Adebayor are Roque Santa Cruz, Demba Ba and the impressive Edin Dzeko.

But Wenger is likely to jump at this chance of signing Mevlüt Erdinç on a free…. Lets see what the next 4 weeks bring?
<a class="postlink" href="http://arsenalaction.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/is-mevlut-erdinc-about-to-sign-and-replace-adebayor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenalaction.wordpress.com/2009 ... -adebayor/</a>

progman07

Established Member

Ridiculous. If Ade goes, we have to bring in a striker like Villa. Which I'd back 100%, as Villa is classes better than Ade and just what we need up front.

Still, please close this thread because I don't even want to think about signing worse than world class players again. We have enough for the future, sign some for the present, Wenger.

asajoseph

Established Member

For the love of God, we're not signing David Villa - even if the whole of our strike force went!

Guillem Ballague reckons Arsène is assuming that Ade will go to Milan in the summer.

progman07

Established Member

asajoseph said:
For the love of God, we're not signing David Villa - even if the whole of our strike force went!

Guillem Ballague reckons Arsène is assuming that Ade will go to Milan in the summer.
If we don't sign any world class striker/attacking midfielder in case Ade goes, he shouldn't go.

Why make compromises in the team's quality again? Like when Hleb left and we got Nasri in. We had a worse midfield. We should have got in Arshavin that time, not Nasri.

Gurgen

Established Member

Villa is not coming here because he can make more money and play for a bigger club elsewhere. Forget Villa and join the rest of us on planet Earth.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Aye, there will be no Villa, no Cana, no Chiellini, and someone needs to show Wenger the location of this Skrtl/Vidic-tree that apparently grows and flourishes in the wilds of East Europe.

progman07

Established Member

Gurgen said:
Villa is not coming here because he can make more money and play for a bigger club elsewhere. Forget Villa and join the rest of us on planet Earth.
I said, if Ade goes. Selling Ade would mean about 20m, which we can use to buy a world class striker/AM. Not necessarily Villa. How much does Diego cost? About 25m? Sell Ade, put another 5m to the pocket and buy Diego.

Of course if Ade stays, which is unlikely anyways, I don't say we have the chance to get in a big name attacker.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom