• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Ballack

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
Song isn't in the same league as Ballack, and won't be for a while (if ever). Not to mention being a completely different type of player.

Sammer

Established Member
It won´t happen.

At least not this season. There is a tiny tiny chance for next season, but Ballack´s personal aim is to win the CL. And I am not sure, whether we are one of the clubs associated with this aim.

GraPu

Sammer said:
It won´t happen.

At least not this season. There is a tiny tiny chance for next season, but Ballack´s personal aim is to win the CL. And I am not sure, whether we are one of the clubs associated with this aim.
Yes, i'm agree. Anyway last time in CL,we lose against bayern, i don't see any reason for him to go to arsenal. Anyway, if it's happen, it would be super duper fantastic.

Kenyonhater

He is exactly what AW said he is looking for- a goalscoring central midfielder. I think he would fit in beautifully for a season or two, helping Cesc along with his development. He also has a presence on the field, like PV had for us. If we got him and Viera, wouldn't our squad suddenly have a much stronger look about it going in to the new season ? It would give the whole club a lift - AW said there was an air of shock and loss about the place following PV's departure.

Having said all that it's probably just paper talk..

Sammer

Established Member
Kenyonhater said:
He is exactly what AW said he is looking for- a goalscoring central midfielder. ..

That is true. He would be perfect in every aspect. But not this season.

The way it looks at the moment, Ballack will

A.) either sign for huge money at Bayern and stay there until the rest of his career

B.) not sign and change to an english or spanish club after the WC 2006.

Considering, that we would not have to pay a transfer fee with option B - and considering the relative "lower" player wages in the Bundesliga, we might actually be able to afford him.

I doubt it though.

Sammer

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I doubt we'll sign him at that stage anyway - he'll be too old...

...Ballack can havd another four seasons on top level, which is not too bad if you don´t pay a transfer fee for him.

asajoseph

Established Member
I agree Sammer, I'd still look at him if I was managing Arsenal at that stage. But chances are, I won't be. And Wenger won't consider a premium player that old in a million years,

el jefe

I don't think it would happen in a million years, but Ballack would give us the one thing that anyone with two eyes can see that we need....an aerial presence on offense and defending set plays. If we stop conceding so many goals on set plays, we could go undefeated. There aren't too many players who are as good in the air as Ballack (remember WC 2002?).

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Souper Duck said:
Could Wenger be using the Jenas' rumours as a smokescreen as we try to sign Ballack behind MU's back?

mmmmmmmmmm very cunning plan if he is :lol:

Well, if i'm to choose from Jenas, Mavuba and Song, Ballack would definitely be my first choice.

He has experience, creates goals, scores them either with long shots or headers, defend (you cannot compare him to Vieira in defense) and also command the midfielders. Proven quality and is one of the best midfielders in the world. Even if he's going to cost 9 mil, i'd sign him. Bayern would be lucky to collect 9 mil for a player with only 1 year left in his contract.

ash87

no thank you. pires dives around enough, if ballack was to join the team too there wont be any football played anymore, just ppl falling over. let him stay in germany. heck go to old trafford and have some syncronized diving sessions with ronaldo.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
ash87 said:
no thank you. pires dives around enough, if ballack was to join the team too there wont be any football played anymore, just ppl falling over. let him stay in germany. heck go to old trafford and have some syncronized diving sessions with ronaldo.

Or the horse :lol:

Sammer

Established Member
To put an end to all speculation now:

Ballacks agent just stated, that there are six potential clubs for him (other than Bayern Munich of course) which are:

Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Chelsea, AC Milan, Juventus Turin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom