• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Carrick

Malky

Established Member
o_O What's the point in replacing an two aging Midfielders (Arteta and Rosicky) who cant stay fit with an aging Carrick who cant stay fit? He was a top player, has to be said but this would be completely pointless now. Going into next season with Carrick as Coq's back-up/rotation option would leave us in as much **** as relying on Arteta.
Story must be 100% bullshit!

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Not only always injured but also a bit **** these days. Would have loved him here anytime between 2005-2013 but it's too late now.

Impact

Established Member
I'd take him.

I think Wenger sees our two central midfield spots as one for a deep lying playmaker and one for a box-to-box/ball winner.

Wilshere/Cazorla/Carrick - Ramsey/Coquelin/Elneny

Signing Carrick reduces our dependency on Wilshere's fitness and ensures we can continue with our playing style in his absence. He won't expect to be a starter so he'l share games with Santi. It also means we can have Ramsey play in the middle with someone who will do the distributing for him, leaving him to concentrate on the stronger parts of his game.

DM isn't a position where age instantly disqualifies you. Alonso still the best in the world for me and he's 34. All the others Kroos, Busquets, Motta etc are players who don't rely on pace but intelligence and mobility.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I'd take him.

I think Wenger sees our two central midfield spots as one for a deep lying playmaker and one for a box-to-box/ball winner.

Wilshere/Cazorla/Carrick - Ramsey/Coquelin/Elneny

Signing Carrick reduces our dependency on Wilshere's fitness and ensures we can continue with our playing style in his absence. He won't expect to be a starter so he'l share games with Santi. It also means we can have Ramsey play in the middle with someone who will do the distributing for him, leaving him to concentrate on the stronger parts of his game.

DM isn't a position where age instantly disqualifies you. Alonso still the best in the world for me and he's 34. All the others Kroos, Busquets, Motta etc are players who don't rely on pace but intelligence and mobility.
Spot on!!

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Not only is he old, he's also injury prone, and utter ****.

Of course we shouldn't sign him ffs. Especially when our midfield is average as ****.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think it'd be an astute pick up, he gets one last rodeo and can maybe work with Wilshere a bit.

Strong doubts over his condition after the latest round of injuries though. 10-15 games from him could be really good.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I can't understand why so many people would be against this, I can't think of better backup DM who has the experience he has and who's won as much as he's had. He'll pass on so much to Coq, Elneny and even Wilshere too.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Honestly think he's going to retire after the Euros, that'll be his last bit of gas in the tank, I reckon.

Top Bottom