• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Carrick

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Let's not forget Wenger is a massive fan of Carrick, 3 years ago said that he should have been played of the year (I think Bale won it that year) and that he was probably the only English player who wouldn't have looked out of place in Barcelona.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Old and still the best centre mid United have. I'd consider taking him if we lose Flamini Rosicky and Arteta in the summer. We need an older experienced head in the squad.

Realist

I don't see the problem with this, we could give him a one year contract and benefit from his experience. As long as his wage demands remain reasonable and he's willing to take a reduced role.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
First post in a long time!

It could be a great move since we're losing Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky which is a huge amount of experience but if he were to arrive it must be with another central midfielder who can actively make a difference on the pitch, regularly.

BobP

Memri Fan
First post in a long time!

It could be a great move since we're losing Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky which is a huge amount of experience but if he were to arrive it must be with another central midfielder who can actively make a difference on the pitch, regularly.

We've already got Elneny.

Realistically, I'd be happy with the simple promotion of our most advanced young player, I.e. AMN, Zelalem.

Wenger may be gearing up to reinforce that central midfield, who knows.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Rather get Terry. He has more to offer and in a position that we might require another option in.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
We've already got Elneny.

Realistically, I'd be happy with the simple promotion of our most advanced young player, I.e. AMN, Zelalem.

Wenger may be gearing up to reinforce that central midfield, who knows.
Yeah but we'd be short imo if we rely on Elneny. And I think Zelalem should go on a season loan to German,Italian or Spanish top flight team.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I don't see the problem with this, we could give him a one year contract and benefit from his experience. As long as his wage demands remain reasonable and he's willing to take a reduced role.

I think the issue is you actually have long-term viable options this Summer.

Granit Xhaka: It's my dream to play for the Premier League. (Sky Sports)

İlkay Gündoğan: (1 Year left on his contract)"To be honest everything is still open," (Sky Sports)

If you ignore those attainable targets to go for a 35 year old Carrick (personally I'd love it if you did). Do you think money-giants in City, United and Chelsea are going to hold back in the market after the disastrous seasons they are having? City in particular will seek to get stronger than ever with Pep. Now's the time to spend after the Summer you had and whatever move is made will reflect where you are as a club. Best case scenario is getting both.

Last edited:

US_Gooner

Established Member
online-job-source-aim-higher-small-35911.jpg

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think the issue is you actually have long-term viable options this Summer.

Granit Xhaka: It's my dream to play for the Premier League. (Sky Sports)

İlkay Gündoğan: (1 Year left on his contract)"To be honest everything is still open," (Sky Sports)

If you ignore those attainable targets to go for a 35 year old Carrick (personally I'd love it if you did). Do you think money-giants in City, United and Chelsea are going to hold back in the market after the disastrous seasons they are having? City in particular will seek to get stronger than ever with Pep. Now's the time to spend after the Summer you had and whatever move is made will reflect where you are as a club. Best case scenario is getting both.

I'd rather Carrick than Gundogan every day of the week. Whoever buys him is going to be left with the next Diaby, there's a reason that clubs seemed reluctant to go for him last summer trust me.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I'd rather Carrick than Gundogan every day of the week. Whoever buys him is going to be left with the next Diaby, there's a reason that clubs seemed reluctant to go for him last summer trust me.

Have you even seen him this season?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Have you seen him this season?

Yeah but the issue with Gundogan is way more severe, and not worth the outlay imo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-to-challenge-Man-Utd-for-Ilkay-Gundogan.html

The German international suffers from spondylolisthesis, a deformity in his lower back that can lead to hamstring injuries, and he was sidelined for over a year.

Top Bottom