• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Carrick

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
There could be some truth in the story coz Wenger's has always admired Carrick but I would be shocked if he was the direct replacement for Vieira.

calvinngai88

Wenger wanted to sign Carrick long ago, but he chose to stay at West Ham. Seldom see his performances. Only saw the play-off Crystal Palace vs West Ham, and he wasn't really solid in tackles, but managed a few good passes. No doubt a player mould for the future.

lewdikris

Established Member
Very good player ... could go on to be an extremely good player. Cultured midfielder of a quite un-English type - but replacement for Vieira? Not yet.

dsurg

nope the only person he can replace is Parlour

plus he's english...

AW has been interested b4...

I still maintain that if PV4 leaves ( maybe more like "when") there will not be a direct replacement...

AW might just bring in two new faces....

and play in a different way....

AW plays to the strengths of his players...and there are few like PV4 around (if any)

so he'll get different players and play to those players strengths....not to the strengths of the departed player....

For Example....Overmars used to huge the line...with speed and good cut back crosses....Pires rather carries the ball...almost glued to his feet....but we all still believe Pires is Overmars replacement..he isnt actually, he is a different player.....

I believe the same will happen with PV4...

Chips&CurrySauce

Carrick was always vied as the greater talent with respect to Lampard, but his career seems to have stood still the last couple of seasons. I know he has had his fair share of injuries but he has not progressed as I would have expected. Possibly he is also demotivated as he has never looked particularly happy playing for West Ham. Carrick has got talent but he strikes me as a Edu type player. Comfortable on the ball, good passer, nice technique and composed, but like Edu he doesn't strike me as the most mobile or quickest of midfielders.

Possibly Wenger can realise his talent and for about 3 million it could be worth the risk.

lewdikris

Established Member
There've been rumours about him for years - and he certainly has better technique than Lampard. He's an old fashioned midfield playmaker, not particularly strong, but really smart, good distribution....

If the Flamini thing falls apart buy him.

A

Anonymous

Carrick ours £3 mill

i know you wont believe me..but my mate ( stevenage borough keeper) is mates with Alan Pardew, they used to be at Crystal Palace together years back... i asked him to speak with Pardew and found out if its was bullshit about us and Carrick... the text came back...

Carrick sold to Arsenal £ 3 mill....Woody

now this is a forum for posting rumours ... so dont bombard me with ****... i merely stating what i am told..so i apologize in advance...but Woody is a reliable mate

KingReyes

Established Member
Thanks for the information mate. We'll see what happens but I wonder if the Flamini situation has something to do with this?

lewdikris

Established Member
We'll wait and see - and everyone else:

Leave Arsenal89 alone, before you all get on your high horses and go with the abuse.

Denish

You ****ing ****** wtf are you talking about thats absolutely absolute bullshit christ why dont you just take a hike and stop embarrassing yourself in front of us upstanding rumour-spreaders! No one wants your crap...

... oh sorry, you said STOP giving him abuse! My bad!

:wink:

(just kidding btw)

Clarkey

I was talking to my brother who dated the daughter of a steward at Highbury who is married to to a steward at Portsmouth who once dated a yotuh player at West Ham who is in Pardews good books so is kept inform of every deal that goes through the club........deep breath, and continue. And he told me this was tosh.

siddharth

KingReyes said:
Thanks for the information mate. We'll see what happens but I wonder if the Flamini situation has something to do with this?

I can't see this Carrick signing( if it's done) having anything to do with the flamini sitiuation.We have qualified and intelligent people working for our club and i'm sure this flamini transfer is done by taking all factors into the account.Flamini can't go back to Marseille and play for them that's impossible. Marseille are just trying to get some money from Arsenal though they seem to have a strong case.

However assuming that the Flamini thing is resolved( which it should be) and that Carrick has signed for Arsenal , i wonder if Wenger has decided to sell one of the brazilians edu or gilberto :roll:

Clarkey

I think Wenger will let Edu go to fulfil his dream to play for Barca, if Edu still has that ambition.

Axl

Maybe Vieira will go? Of course hes already gone and we need atleast 4 CM. Edu, Gilberto, Flamini and Carrick= 4 (Flamini and Carrick?? Don´t much experience in these two! I believe we need AW magic this season!)

Latest posts

Top Bottom