• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Michael Carrick

qs

Established Member
So I hear Sp**s want 20 million now, its very hard me to type this doubled over laughing

asajoseph

Established Member
afcking, you're within a hair's breadth of being banned.

Now, for the rest of us, let's get back on topic.

Gurgen

Established Member
I hope Wenger isn't in for him now and quite frankly I don't understand why he ever was.

Carrick is a good passer but that's hardly what we're looking for in that holding role. I'd rather have Owen Hargreaves tbh.

Not a player that excites me at all.

asajoseph

Established Member
God no. Owen Hargreaves has gone from being the most under-rated England player to suddenly being the most over-rated, purely based upon one performance against Portugal.

Decent player, and although I don't want either, I'd much rather have Carrick. But then, if it's a choice between Carrick and nobody (and that's how Wenger's transfers seem to work these days), I'd take Carrick.

Gurgen

Established Member
Actually if you had watched Hargreaves for Bayern over the years he has been much better than Carrick. The staff in Munich have all said Hargreaves is the best defensive midfielder they've worked with. Bayern is still two levels up from Sp**s don't you think?

I don't want Hargreaves either, don't get me wrong, but he is better than Carrick, and if Carrick played for Bayern and Hargreaves for Tottenham the English would recognize that.

asajoseph

Established Member
If Hargreaves is the best defensive midfielder at Bayern, why has Demichelis been ahead of him for so long?

I have watched Hargreaves for Bayern - that's why I say he was, previously, under-rated. But the Bundesliga is also a significant step down from the Premier League, and that has to be taken into account - Hargreaves, for me, is a decent player but not good enough for a club like Arsenal, much like Carric.

Gurgen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
If Hargreaves is the best defensive midfielder at Bayern, why has Demichelis been ahead of him for so long?

Don't know, they also don't rate Jens over there :wink:
Demichelis is better than Hargreaves, simple as. Point is the man is highly rated at one of the top clubs in Europe.

I have watched Hargreaves for Bayern - that's why I say he was, previously, under-rated. But the Bundesliga is also a significant step down from the Premier League, and that has to be taken into account - Hargreaves, for me, is a decent player but not good enough for a club like Arsenal, much like Carric.

That is 100% correct.

I want Javier :(

GunneDown

asajoseph said:
God no. Owen Hargreaves has gone from being the most under-rated England player to suddenly being the most over-rated, purely based upon one performance against Portugal.

Decent player, and although I don't want either, I'd much rather have Carrick. But then, if it's a choice between Carrick and nobody (and that's how Wenger's transfers seem to work these days), I'd take Carrick.

LOL

Owen Hargreaves has always been good. I am so glad he showed his true colours. I would love to see him in an Arsenal shirt. He is a very good player. Just ****s in this country never gave him time to show himself.

I would love it if we sign him.

hesham

Established Member
I wouldnt mind Hargreaves, who ever we get.. i dout AW is gona drop Gilberto straight away... he'll have time to settle in and if AW could get the best out of him, i think he could do a good job...
And Yes Hes English

Austrian Gooner

well i'm not sure about signing carrick, at least i would never be happy if arsenal gives any money to tottenham, also don't want any former Sp**s players in my arsenal squad - so i'd rather take hargreaves or frings - who has really impressed me all over the last season

Arsenal_FAN1983

For me Hargreaves is the best option, Hargreaves really impressed me with his performances in the world cup. He was under a lot of pressure as people didn't have faith in him before the tournement, but he was able to forget all that and play his game.

asajoseph

Established Member
Hargreaves impressed you in the World Cup? If so, it really doesn't take much - he looked very mediocre (out of position) at right-back, and had one average and one exceptional game in the middle of the park.

He did ok, and better than most thought he would, but the people who're talking about him as England's player of the tournament are nothing less than short-sighted buffoons, to be frank.

Hargreaves is a decent player, and not much more - and by decent, I mean that he'd be a good player for Villa.

Avenell87

afcking7 said:
I apologize but dont we all deserve an explanation .

i kno alot of people on here regard him highly but yet know so little about his information apart from when he posts his info here

well are you American then...do i have to say i smell a rat?

because here in England its spelt apologise

Avenell87

right..back on topic, im not sure hes the right type of player we should be looking at, but i can see it happening. Tottenham have plenty of Central Midfielders who can fill his gap. They now have the talented Zokora who apparently spoke to Wenger personally before he moved to the crap side of North London SkySports hes a talented player and in Wenger we trust

Avenell87

right..back on topic, im not sure hes the right type of player we should be looking at, but i can see it happening. Tottenham have plenty of Central Midfielders who can fill his gap. They now have the talented Zokora who apparently spoke to Wenger personally before he moved to the crap side of North London SkySports hes a talented player and in Wenger we trust

Avenell87

burnsjed

Established Member
I would be as excited about buying Carrick as I was about buying Jeffers, and that would be :shock: turing to :cry:

I would rather take Hargreaves then carrick, but by the same token wouldn't want either.

Rudeboy

Carrick is awsome gerat vision and passing would love to see him with us but we would have to pay around 15 million and i think that we dont need him that badly

fabtastic

but would he come to us?
i mean we are Sp**s rivals! but we are going to play champions league football and he wont have to move house!

Jameel46

Established Member
hargreaves is better than carrick in that DM/Holding role. carrick is a good passer but is a bit too slow to play at arsenal.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom