• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Ángel Angulo

scott_ickes

Never seen him play. The majority opinion seems to be he aint flash, but not chopped liver either. Hard-working, simple passes, occasional creativity - a Parlour replacement? Sounds to me like Wenger has gone after the best available right-sided squad player he could find before tuesday. This has the markings of a Davor Suker-need-a-fourth-striker-make-up-the-numbers-transfer. IMO, he's a gamble for this season's tilt at the European Cup. If he pulls a Suker, or a Kleberson for that matter, no great loss. If he comes good by March (and reports say he's had a great pre-season), we're laughing.

I did see Him couple of times with valencia ,he ain't a Gifted Player But good to be a Back up.Who Knows Arsène might make Him a good Player .

Jinn

Established Member
scott_ickes said:
Never seen him play. The majority opinion seems to be he aint flash, but not chopped liver either. Hard-working, simple passes, occasional creativity - a Parlour replacement? Sounds to me like Wenger has gone after the best available right-sided squad player he could find before tuesday. This has the markings of a Davor Suker-need-a-fourth-striker-make-up-the-numbers-transfer. IMO, he's a gamble for this season's tilt at the European Cup. If he pulls a Suker, or a Kleberson for that matter, no great loss. If he comes good by March (and reports say he's had a great pre-season), we're laughing.

Right on. He seems to be someone who can produce an occasional flash of brilliance, but he's never been top calibre for Valencia, never been called up to the full Spain team.

He'll be just squad filler - maybe bought for his experience in the CL. He's won it with Valencia, perhaps he can help our young squad learn to be winners rather than chokers.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jinn said:
scott_ickes said:

Right on. He seems to be someone who can produce an occasional flash of brilliance, but he's never been top calibre for Valencia, never been called up to the full Spain team.

He'll be just squad filler - maybe bought for his experience in the CL. He's won it with Valencia, perhaps he can help our young squad learn to be winners rather than chokers.
Maybe, but until he prves me wrong I don't really feel his signing was neccessary. But in the end AW knows best and most of us might have to eat some humble pie if he becomes a hit.

gooner4eva

I used to watch him regularly with Valencia a few seasons back when they were going great guns in CL. Angulo was sort of a bit part forward or right sided midfielder who would be brought in to replace Claudio Lopez or Carew to consolidate a lead. He used to blend well with their quick counterattacking style with C Lopez and Mendieta. He was never considered among the star players in that Valencia team which I admired a lot for their quick and smooth attacking style. Something similar to today's arsenal. In truth if i was allowed to raid Valencia's squad I would have been happier stealing Rufete or Baraja...and if allowed to dream then Aimar or Vicente or Ayala. What we will get out of Angulo is bit of a surprise package. Hopefully he will settle into the EPL quickly. He is used to warming the bench so wouldnt be giving the boss a selection headache, unless Freddie or Pennant gets injured. I think we will see more of him in CL matches where we are playing away from home. I still think this was a hasty decision forced on Le Boss by the quickly shrinking transfer window. Hopefully he will manage to pull in a defender as well before it snaps shut.

Canuck

Established Member
They say that Angulo will bring valuable European experience to the C.L. campaign this time around. I hope so...

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
the deal is almost done and dusted from all indications. look at this from CNN internationals (they may be yanks and know nothing about football but they rarely report bullshit)

LONDON, England -- Midfielder Miguel Angelo Angulo is set to switch from the champions of Spain Valencia to Premier League title holders Arsenal in a five million euros deal.

The clubs have reportedly agreed a fee for the 27-year-old who has travelled to London to agree personal terms.

Angulo netted 37 goals in 240 Primera Liga games for Valencia and played a key role in their league and UEFA Cup double last season.

At Highbury he will join compatriots Jose Antonio Reyes and Francesco Fabregas.

"The player will have to agree terms with them and for that reason we can't say anything until everything has been signed," said Valencia spokesman Agustin Morera.

Angulo was left out of the Valencia side which won the European Super Cup against Porto last Friday, and coach Claudio Ranieri has virtually conceded defeat in his battle to keep the player.

I think he will go, but he is the one who has to decide. I can't tell him anything, I have to respect his wishes," said Ranieri, who will nevertheless be sad to see Angulo leave the Mestalla.

"It is like losing a son, because he was here during my first period at the club and he did a lot. "Now he needs some calm to make a decision about his future and we have to respect his decision."

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i think this is a big buy for us honestly. Angulp is very creative and links well with other players. he helped very much in the drive that gave valencia the UEFA cup last season. good experience in europe. i think he will eventually be a starter for us if the deal goes through. i really do. i think he is closer to a pires than a parlour. he is quick and creative. perhaps not as penetrative as pires but he will have many assists. i for one am excited about the possible transfer.

this is from CNN

ONDON, England -- Midfielder Miguel Angelo Angulo is set to switch from the champions of Spain Valencia to Premier League title holders Arsenal in a five million euros deal.

The clubs have reportedly agreed a fee for the 27-year-old who has travelled to London to agree personal terms.

Angulo netted 37 goals in 240 Primera Liga games for Valencia and played a key role in their league and UEFA Cup double last season.

At Highbury he will join compatriots Jose Antonio Reyes and Francesco Fabregas.

"The player will have to agree terms with them and for that reason we can't say anything until everything has been signed," said Valencia spokesman Agustin Morera.

Angulo was left out of the Valencia side which won the European Super Cup against Porto last Friday, and coach Claudio Ranieri has virtually conceded defeat in his battle to keep the player.

I think he will go, but he is the one who has to decide. I can't tell him anything, I have to respect his wishes," said Ranieri, who will nevertheless be sad to see Angulo leave the Mestalla.

"It is like losing a son, because he was here during my first period at the club and he did a lot. "Now he needs some calm to make a decision about his future and we have to respect his decision."

bobbypires

Established Member
Well, Spanish press and radio stations say the agreement is broken. And Jaime Ortí said he's a Valencia CF player.

We'll know the end of the story tomorrow.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Valencia, who looked to use the ariel threat of striker Carew throughout, opted to use the Norwegian's impressive speed.

And it looked to have worked when he left Pascal Cygan chasing his vapour trail.

But while his acceleration was impressive, Carew's finish was dreadful, his shot going out for a throw-in.
Hahaha.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom