• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Ángel Angulo

siddharth

bobbypires said:
Well, Spanish press and radio stations say the agreement is broken. And Jaime Ortí said he's a Valencia CF player.

We'll know the end of the story tomorrow.

If it falls through then in a sense it's good for Pennant but on the other hand we are very short upfront. It might turn out to be a boon for pennant and yet to be seen in premeirship , van persie. ;D

But i agree with most people that a defender is our top priority.

AshCole

According to reports out of Spain, Miguel Angulo's proposed switch from Valencia to Arsenal has been called off
The two clubs had agreed a fee of 5 million euros but Angulo failed to agree to contractual terms with the English Champions.

Angulo was actually in London on Monday to work out a deal, but in the end he two sides did not see eye to eye regarding wages.

Valencia president Jaime Orti released an official statement claiming that the striker will return to the club on Tuesday.

Goal.com

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wow.

It seems nobody can agree personal terms with us. :?

Having said that - goal.com and Marca are not the most reliable sources in the world.

n_henry

So, he wanted more than we were offering? Fair enough...

Though he'd have been a decent signing, I think.

Soler

Established Member
I don't think it was over money, I think he just found it really hard to leave Valencia like that. Sort of like Vieira, I guess.

A

Anonymous

AshCole said:
According to reports out of Spain, Miguel Angulo's proposed switch from Valencia to Arsenal has been called off
The two clubs had agreed a fee of 5 million euros but Angulo failed to agree to contractual terms with the English Champions.

Angulo was actually in London on Monday to work out a deal, but in the end he two sides did not see eye to eye regarding wages.

Valencia president Jaime Orti released an official statement claiming that the striker will return to the club on Tuesday.

Goal.com

are these the same spanish press thatsaid Vieira was 100% a madrid player...

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
are these the same spanish press thatsaid Vieira was 100% a madrid player...

lol, YOU, out of all people, should know that the press isnt always right - especially after the famous 'ballack to arsenal' thread eh ? :roll:

KingReyes

Established Member
This article says we are going to get him, it also says we might make a late move for Trabelsi.

Surprisingly it also says...

Angulo, who has played against Arsenal in the Champions League, is expected to provide cover at right-back for Lauren, the only experienced player in that position at Highbury

Soler

Established Member
It's in the Standard as well? They're hardly ever wrong, although they did say Paddy was going to leave IIRC ...

KingReyes

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
It's in the Standard as well? They're hardly ever wrong, although they did say Paddy was going to leave IIRC ...

Well, he was very close to joining Real M, so its not like they were totally wrong. I mean even Arsène Wenger thought he was leaving.

kanuuu

Established Member
The most obvious thing about him as an attacking player is that he has no skill, and no great crossing ability to make up for that either. He'll give you the effort, but he will look extremely out of place among Arsenal's technically gifted players.

Sounds like Freddie.

gooner4eva

No big loss. I am only disappointed that we are unlikely to sign any new players now till Jan. Knowing Le Boss, I am sure he didnt want to spend any money in a hurry. He will now have a bigger kitty for January window.

Adam

Established Member
If it doesn't go through, then we have lost something Arsène thought would of benefited the team - so don't kid yourself, it is a blow in some form - but it is not a disaster as we have a very strong squad for RM already. Flamini, Pennant and Ljungberg can all play there - but for Europe Angulo would of been a better option.

Ah well, we move on. Who knows what Jermaine, or even Arsène - have up their sleeves.

patrick42uk

Established Member
thats the worry. its clear Arsène feels some inadequacies on our right side. he moved to strenghten it by attempting to sign trabelsi and angulo but both failed.

Adam

Established Member
Yes, there is an uncertainty there still. We have to rely on players who have the 'potential' to relieve that now.

Trabelsi is still a possibility for the January window - or for next summer, when he will have only one year left on his contract, and would be subsequently cheaper - and his problems with Ajax would be more likely to be solved with one year left on his deal....

We looked to have covered all Angulo's, but doesn't this new reliance on youth make it a little bit more exciting to see what the outcome is?

Let's see how much more productive it is.

Top Bottom