• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Ángel Moyà

KingReyes

Established Member
Another Spaniard, another Keeper..

<a class="postlink" href="http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=256354&cpid=8&CLID=3&lid=&title=Gunners+monitor+Moya&channel=Premiership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://skysports.planetfootball.com/lis ... remiership</a>

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Surely he can't be worse than Almunia.

Other than that, I haven't heard of him, but will watch Mallorca for sure if they come on.

Anyone know anything about him? Anyone seen him play?

jamble

I really don't understand why we're constantly linked with two-bit keepers rather than looking to someone who is established. Sure they'll cost more but I feel it's one area of the team you can't skimp on!

Mark

Established Member
I agree. We need a world class keeper, not someone playing for relegation strugglers again.

Mostarac

Established Member
I have seen Moya play recently on TV. He was very good against Real Madrid, a very talented keeper. Also, he seemed very good when it came to picking up crosses and corners.

JB

Hi. I live in Palma de Mallorca. The city where Moya plays and i know he personally. He played with my cousin the last year in Mallorca's youth team.

When I enter in this forum for first time, i spoke about this goalkeeper and i recommended him for Arsenal. Surely Bobbypires remember that. A great chance.

Moya is the best U-21 goalkeeper in Spain and probably in Europe. And this year, he plays in a team (RCD MAllorca) that is very bad, in the 18º position. :cry:

When he plays at most important club than Mallorca, his quality will be seen for much people.

He is very young to play in Arsenal, but in three years he will be one of the best goalkeepers in Spain and Europe.

You like Casillas?, so Moya will be better. :wink:

And if Arsenal think in Abbiati :shock: I sign Moya now!

praghisa

i took you're words there JB ... but Arsenal desperate needs of experience GK that equal best to chelski cech.

IMO sign moya as 2nd GK

n_henry

I'm with the consensus - why another promising player? It's quite frustrating how Wenger seems very unwilling to "splash out" on a GK.

That said, this guy may be like Cech for us (can't believe Cech is only 22!), but I'm not holding my breath. And if Almunia and Lehmann are anything to go by, Wenger doesn't really have a great eye for GKs (and perhaps defenders) as he does with attacking players.

Still crossing my fingers for Hildebrandt.

Spike

Established Member
Why can't we just blow some cash on a well established keeper? I'm sure we have 5 million lying around somewhere. That can get us a decent keeper, plus we're Arsenal, not a mid-table team like Villa so we need Worldclass keeper if we are to establish ourselves as a Worldclass team.

MightyArsenal

I would have said Morgan De sanctis as well, but when Udinese played AC mila (I think) he had a mare. There are onlya handfull of goalies good enough for us.

Its not as easy as everyone thinks, alot of people on this board wanted Sorenson, but hes made about 20 howlers since hes been at Villa and now hes a nobody. Also wenger tried to sign Cech but couldnt.

Hopefully though We can get a keeper in the summer because the 2 we currently have just dont inspire confidence in the defence.

Jinn

Established Member
As I've said in the past, the temperament to be a keeper for Arsenal isn't the same for being a keeper at lowly sides. At Arsenal you don't have shots coming at you all the time, and you have to be able to save brilliantly when you've had no chance to get your eye in or warm up.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom