• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Almirón

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
You've just given us one good reason.
always a pleasure.

We've been linked to this lad for a few transfer windows. Who the hell knows whether there's any truth to the rumours. He looks talented but we've been linked to this type of transfer many times in the past & more often than not nothing materializes.

If there's any truth to this rumour & Sven & his team think this kid's good enough then that's good enough for me.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
By the way, do you know who Miguel Almiron's manager is? A guy named Tata Martino, who has coached Barcelona and the Argentina national team. He may coach Argentina again. Or possibly Colombia. He's being linked to both. What would a guy like him be doing in such a rubbish league?

It's called money.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
It's called money.

That's right. And it's also why there are a number of MLS players who could play in the Premier League. Ezequiel Barco is 19 years old and taking home $77,000 a week. Sebastian Giovinco just got called back into the Italy team by Roberto Mancini. He could have been playing in Serie A all along. He could be a good player in the Premier League. But he wouldn't be making $137,000 (about £105,000) a week like he is in Toronto.

And that's exactly why people who think MLS is just like League Two and doesn't have any players who could play in the Premier League don't know what the hell they're talking about. As I said before, I'll leave it up to Sanllehi, Mislintat and Emery to decide whether or not Almiron is good enough to play for Arsenal. That's above my pay grade. But no doubt there are a number of players who could make a go of it for some Premier League club.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Does it say he'll cost 13million? Thats chump change in todays transfer market. We can buy him and if he turns out to be **** we'll easily recover our money. Don't even care about the quality of the league, if the statistically best performing player of any national league is available for 13m then you go and buy him pronto.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Given that Sven's recruitment has been virtually flawless, I fully trust him if he's gone for this kid.
Yes, good reason to trust his judgement. How have you been, Batbuddy? Longtime!

This guy from youtube clips seems really fast when on his bike for an attacking midfielder. Hard to tell about his technical level from them and whether he is creative but seems like he could fit in as a wide midfielder in Emery's style. His stamina and work rate is also there.

His age though is a bit of a put off. I mean usually a player of his age with good potential has a certain level but players don't have a straightforward up or downward curve.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yes, good reason to trust his judgement. How have you been, Batbuddy? Longtime!

This guy from youtube clips seems really fast when on his bike for an attacking midfielder. Hard to tell about his technical level from them and whether he is creative but seems like he could fit in as a wide midfielder in Emery's style. His stamina and work rate is also there.

His age though is a bit of a put off. I mean usually a player of his age with good potential has a certain level but players don't have a straightforward up or downward curve.
Can't complain my friend, how are you? True, his age is a bit outside the norm but there definitely are late bloomers and for the reported price I think he's probably worth the risk.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Can't complain my friend, how are you? True, his age is a bit outside the norm but there definitely are late bloomers and for the reported price I think he's probably worth the risk.
I'm good, thanks. Yeah, I guess its not a big gamble for the price quoted.

say yes

forum master baiter
If you've watched MLS and think it's any more "rubbish" than the English Championship or any number of other leagues where Premier League clubs find players, then you truly don't understand what you're watching. Either that or you're just trying to be a hipster.

Agree with the broader point that you never rule a player out based on the league they’re playing in (if they’re good enough, they’re good enough) but this is just wrong.

The championship is an incredibly demanding league, well above the MLS in terms of quality and fitness. The odd MLS club might be able to survive in there but the majority are League 1/2 level.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom