• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Azeez Nuts

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
He's obviously nowhere near the finished product but you can tell that barring a catastrophic injury or poor attitude he's going to make it at Arsenal. He has that IT factor about him.

Very impressive young player. We're fortunate to have him.

novar

Not getting my hopes up if he's getting called our Sergio Busquets. Getting compared with the biggest footballing lie in this century isn't a cause to get hyped.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We tried desperately hard to keep him. He was playing U18 games at 14 years old :lol:. We did everything we could - we just couldn't offer him a quicker pathway to first team football than Valencia could, and especially after their financial woes last season, he ended up in their starting XI even earlier than expected so the move really paid off for him. We wouldn't have been able to do that for him. Think about it like this - his midfield partner was the eponymous Miguel Azeez, a player who is just as talented. Azeez barely plays U23 football and only today received a 10 minute debut and probably won't play a minute of first team football again after this unless we get a League 2 team in the 4th round of the FA Cup (provided we beat Newcastle, definitely not a given). That could quite easily have been Musah had he not left. He's now one of the best players at Valencia and is a USA international.
Musah is a shame as we really tried but at the end of the day he’s a human being and we couldn’t lock him up.

Annoying as he’s already getting your ‘Who is Yunus Musah?’ type articles circulating around.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Musah is a shame as we really tried but at the end of the day he’s a human being and we couldn’t lock him up.

Annoying as he’s already getting your ‘Who is Yunus Musah?’ type articles circulating around.
The club would never have been able to offer him the pathway he wanted, and that Valencia was able to give him. He made a good decision for his career.

I think what's viscerally more annoying for us as Arsenal fans is that we're gonna look at our ****ty midfield and curse the skies that a player like Musah couldn't get that pathway offered to him because having both him and Azeez would be perfect.

Alas, football doesn't work that way most of the time!

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I was so impressed by him & after seeing that rather disappointed he didn't get more minutes in the UEL. Either way most of you would know more then me about him, what type of CM is this guy? More a B2B, AM, DM etc?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Arsenal-Mania :lol:
Yeah this thread was made off the back off a 10 min cameo.

He’s exciting though have to admit, he’s just so far away from first team now for me to care right now. The pathway for these type of players is sh*t anyways.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I was so impressed by him & after seeing that rather disappointed he didn't get more minutes in the UEL. Either way most of you would know more then me about him, what type of CM is this guy? More a B2B, AM, DM etc?

There’s a decent interview knocking about between him and Guillem Ballague from earlier this summer where he talks about how he used to be more of an advanced midfielder but Per has been working with him on understanding the number 6 role, and how much he watches videos of Busquets etc.

Clearly that’s an area we sorely lack in ball progression (and have done since Santi got that injury) so I sincerely hope he develops there

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He wasn't playing advanced roles for England last year or for Arsenal's u23. Plays Xhaka's role, obviously he is more agile to burst forward unlike Xhaka who keeps his position. Patino plays the same position without bursting forward, so I can't wait to see how the two of them play together.
It's a bit unfortunate that we produce players in the same positions and they stand in each other way

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

He’s exciting though have to admit, he’s just so far away from first team now for me to care right now.
Yeah this is it for me. We are due a batch of PL ready academy talents though. Annoys me seeing Rashford, Mount, Tammy, Greenwood, Foden and so on when all we have is Saka.

I'll start to think about Azeez in a couple of years.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yeah this is it for me. We are due a batch of PL ready academy talents though. Annoys me seeing Rashford, Mount, Tammy, Greenwood, Foden and so on when all we have is Saka.

I'll start to think about Azeez in a couple of years.
Reiss and Emile will be in the conversation too, soon, IMO.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Reiss and Emile will be in the conversation too, soon, IMO.
I have a good feeling about Emile, for some reason I just feel like he'd be able to take his PL chances unlike Willock.

Reiss is an annoying one, talent wise his floor is the premier league imo but I could see him ending up lower than that because of his mentality issues.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He wasn't playing advanced roles for England last year or for Arsenal's u23. Plays Xhaka's role, obviously he is more agile to burst forward unlike Xhaka who keeps his position. Patino plays the same position without bursting forward, so I can't wait to see how the two of them play together.
It's a bit unfortunate that we produce players in the same positions and they stand in each other way
Oh well if he's more or less the same role as Xhaka I'd much prefer to see Azeez get more chances during the year & see if he can stay consistent over the course of the season. Lets see if he can stay consistent if he gets more chances.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom