• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Azeez Nuts

The club would never have been able to offer him the pathway he wanted, and that Valencia was able to give him. He made a good decision for his career.

I think what's viscerally more annoying for us as Arsenal fans is that we're gonna look at our ****ty midfield and curse the skies that a player like Musah couldn't get that pathway offered to him because having both him and Azeez would be perfect.

Alas, football doesn't work that way most of the time!

Can we try to bring him back? Would he come or does he hold any grudge with us?

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I have a good feeling about Emile, for some reason I just feel like he'd be able to take his PL chances unlike Willock.

Reiss is an annoying one, talent wise his floor is the premier league imo but I could see him ending up lower than that because of his mentality issues.
Kind of agree. He's finally making progress though, I think his mental block has mostly been banished.

Would be criminal if he doesn't truly make it here, he's a phenomenal talent.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Yeah this is it for me. We are due a batch of PL ready academy talents though. Annoys me seeing Rashford, Mount, Tammy, Greenwood, Foden and so on when all we have is Saka.

I'll start to think about Azeez in a couple of years.

If you look at the players who have come through over the last 20 years our academy had to be one of the worst for producing players. Cole, Wilshere, Iwobi, Saka. Is that it? For all the talk of developing youth our best youngsters were signed from other clubs.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

100m clause and contract until 2026, people need to get over it.

Young players wanting unrealistic pathways to first team football will always be a thing and we may see it again with Balogun.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Young players wanting unrealistic pathways to first team football will always be a thing and we may see it again with Balogun.
Exactly. As much as I would like to sh%t on the club, there wasn't much the club could do to convince Musah. Kid probably wanted first team minutes by the time he was 16. Very very hard to do that. As for Balogun the club really need to do better in sorting out contracts. Saka was on the last year of his contract and luckily he stayed, the Balogun situation looks like it could go either way. A lot of these kids are looking at their peers ripping it up and obviously they fancy themselves. If your Balogun and you were scoring the goals just like Greenwood was at u18/23 level and then he is scoring in the PL, surely you would be a bit jealous wouldn't you? I just think we need to expose our youth to first team football earlier. Give them an incentive to play for us. Let them know there is a pathway for them and don't block that pathway by giving deadwood minutes over them. It's really all about trust. Trust in them and they'll trust in you
Btw is there any chance Azeez will feature in the FA Cup?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Exactly. As much as I would like to sh%t on the club, there wasn't much the club could do to convince Musah. Kid probably wanted first team minutes by the time he was 16. Very very hard to do that. As for Balogun the club really need to do better in sorting out contracts. Saka was on the last year of his contract and luckily he stayed, the Balogun situation looks like it could go either way. A lot of these kids are looking at their peers ripping it up and obviously they fancy themselves. If your Balogun and you were scoring the goals just like Greenwood was at u18/23 level and then he is scoring in the PL, surely you would be a bit jealous wouldn't you? I just think we need to expose our youth to first team football earlier. Give them an incentive to play for us. Let them know there is a pathway for them and don't block that pathway by giving deadwood minutes over them. It's really all about trust. Trust in them and they'll trust in you
Btw is there any chance Azeez will feature in the FA Cup?
somewhere Arsène smiles

GunnerShy

This kid has it.

Exactly the type of midfielder we need and are looking for in the market. Personally I'd like to see him in some match day squads

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Didn’t watch the game. But you guys are going crazy for a kid who played 10 mins in a match that was over? You can’t get more Arsenal than this

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Balogun says he wants to stay and he must see that he fits stylistically and tactically with the direction Arteta is wanting to go. Seems a no-brainer. At this point, I'll be more surprised that he doesn't sign a new contract with Arsenal.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
For those who've seen a lot of him - what are his weaknesses?
He has Maitland-Niles Syndrome - plays at 60% most of the time :lol:.

Honestly, he has no real tangible weakness as a player. He can do everything (pass, dribble, shoot, tackle, has arguably the best first touch outside of Özil and Nelson), and he's a pretty decent athlete (not as athletic as the likes of AMN but he's comfortably quicker than all of our other CMs bar Partey and AMN). His bigger problems really lie in his application. In most of the games I'd watched him in over 90 mins, I always felt like he had way more in the tank than he showed. Sometimes would just hold the ball too long, or telegraph his pass too much, or just fall asleep at a random point in the match when nothings happening - pretty much everything that AMN does now in the first team when he's not having flashbacks of his duels with Traore or Rashford. I worried a little over whether this would affect his chances as an Arsenal player.

This seems to be something he's worked on however, because he's been switched on all season. Since Mertesacker outlined his plans for him as a #6, his defensive application has improved and he's starting to impose himself on matches a lot better.

Didn’t watch the game. But you guys are going crazy for a kid who played 10 mins in a match that was over? You can’t get more Arsenal than this
It took one Cruyff turn in the middle of the pitch. We don't even have a regularly playing CM (again, bar Partey) that is capable of doing that as easily as he did it :lol:.

As I've said earlier in the thread, my personal opinion - as someone who is always unrealistically positive about Hale Enders - is that he's not ready for the rigours of competitive first team football, and probably won't be for at least the next few months. Nonetheless, I expect people to want to see more of him and having seen more of him than most, I don't blame them.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It’s not unrealistic though? Unless you’re talking about big 6 clubs?

Symbia

It was just a poor team that has given up etc etc.
Seriously guys, it's hard to watch him and not to get excited. Only one touch one the ball is enough pointer to a technically insane players.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He has Maitland-Niles Syndrome - plays at 60% most of the time :lol:.

Honestly, he has no real tangible weakness as a player. He can do everything (pass, dribble, shoot, tackle, has arguably the best first touch outside of Özil and Nelson), and he's a pretty decent athlete (not as athletic as the likes of AMN but he's comfortably quicker than all of our other CMs bar Partey and AMN).
You need to let Reiss go.:lol:

Seems like Reiss doesnt have a future here. I cannot see how he can get back into this team unless Arteta has a major change of heart.

Aziz seems like a natural to me. Pretty confident and doesn't get flustered.

Last edited:
Top Bottom