• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel Azeez Nuts

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Might be one of the advantages of placing Azeez in a lower league, if the team is more amenable to a favorable recall clause. I guess a lot of Championship teams would be less willing to sign up to a possible half season loan.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Nice to have the option to bring him back in January to cover for the guys leaving for the AFCON
Smart work from Edu here. He gets pelters (rightfully) so kudos for getting something right. Azeez could be an important figure, especially if we do the right thing and (finally) move Elneny on. I don't expect him to look amazing but given Elneny never does, I don't think there's much of a downside here - on the contrary, plenty of upside.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

looks like bad loan but can't blame the club. This manager worked wonders with ESR. Looks like he will be back in Jan!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

looks like bad loan but can't blame the club. This manager worked wonders with ESR. Looks like he will be back in Jan!
He looked really lazy when he played for us. And you can’t get away with kids football work rate in senior football

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I'm too lazy to look for myself, any news on possible destinations for Miguel? Very curious about that. Might be worth even integrating him into the first-team squad given our dearth of numbers there.
Not yet, wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to League One like a lot of the youngsters.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Surely he must go on loan? Behind Smith in the pecking order (as Smith was picked before him on the bench), not sure what we're doing keeping him around here...

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Wow! 😲😲

That's a brilliant performance from Miguel Azeez against 2nd place Las Palmas!!

Really, really impressed by his concentration levels there and his decision making, perhaps they don't show his mistakes but some really fantastic passing under pressure there, and much more clued in defensively than I would expect from him.

Really glad they've settled on him as a 5, as he revealed way back when about how Per was encouraging him to work on that position as that was his future for Arsenal, he can be a really top player there, and this performance shows his promise.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚

Would seem he's not getting distracted by the Ibiza nightlife, either, which is nice to see for a young boy living for his first time here in Spain and in Ibiza of all places (unless he lived here when he was younger, still can't find out where his father is from in Spain! :/ )

And tweeting in español!!! Proud of this boy, really, really hoping he makes it, he's an elegant footballer and would love to see him be our future 5 as he matures and refines his game.

Vamos Miguelito!!! 😍

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Wow! 😲😲

That's a brilliant performance from Miguel Azeez against 2nd place Las Palmas!!

Really, really impressed by his concentration levels there and his decision making, perhaps they don't show his mistakes but some really fantastic passing under pressure there, and much more clued in defensively than I would expect from him.

Really glad they've settled on him as a 5, as he revealed way back when about how Per was encouraging him to work on that position as that was his future for Arsenal, he can be a really top player there, and this performance shows his promise.
I actually watched this game while I was doing some work and I thought he was very good at the time too. He initially wasn't playing that role as they have another player who does (Ivan Morante I think) but I think his quality is starting to show itself and he's beginning to impose himself a little more. I'd like more touches from him but he's breaking up play and passing well, that's a good start. Certainly faring better on loan in this division than Marcelo Flores at the moment. Looks like @Geofranco may have been spot on re Flores but we'll wait and see more.

Azeez is such a wildcard for me at the moment, because he's as talented as anybody at Arsenal but needs to show it more often. I think if he does really well here he can easily get a role in the squad or at least a better loan than Spanish 2nd Division - maybe he goes GIrona next year after all and starts in La Liga - could be a good transition for him a la Balogun to Reims. But I think this deeper role could be the making of him - he does like to score goals but he's far more useful in the middle 3rd and even deeper; getting on the ball and circulating, playing deep raking passes outwide, beating a press etc. He has a lot of attributes of our current #5 so I'd like to see him really hone in on that.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Thought he was on an extended vacation, looks like he is definitely maturing into a role that suits him, could save us millions as a potential Partey replacement or atleast challenge for the position, I like lakonga but I just don't think he has the tenacity or football IQ to play as a 6, Azeez is one I've been excited for for since his youth days hope he can kick on from this loan with a view to a squad role next season..

Top Bottom