• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Miguel

qs

Established Member
Link

Chelsea and Arsenal want to sign Valencia defender Miguel but have been warned he will cost them £13m.

Viper

Established Member
Don't think we'll sign him. Too expensive for us.

And RB is not a position of our concern.

We should firstly get a winger or a striker.

Nutsy

Established Member
If anything ,why do we seemed to insist in Right backs when we have Eboue and Hoyte to begin with. If anything what our defense lacked is sub for Left back with our only choice is "hate the position" Gallas and raw Traore.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
we are linked with 2 right backs atm and countless of cms which is very very needless.

its pathetic the press don't even know what we need and creates a rumour

longrufus

Established Member
Very very good player, we're not going to spend £13m on a right back, and its as simple as that.

Grampus_Eight

Valencia bought him for around £5.3m two summers ago - that is when we would have had to move for a player like him.

Valencia is a big club and as such they are going to demand a big fee for arguably the best right back not only in la liga, but perhaps in all of europe.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
i believe this but not us being involved.....after the CL match miguel and paolo ferraira were talking..i think part was to do with a deal going both ways as mourinho wanted to do a swap plus cash

Zico

Established Member
Definitely need cover on the right side of defense - I'm not surprised that Wenger is linked with guys like Bakari and Miguel. I certainly have a lot of respect for the letter and have previously mentioned him as a top class defender to look at.

1) I think that we are often punished on counter attacks down our right flank, more-so than we are on the left because Eboue pushes up and leaves Toure exposed.

2) Eboue has been picking up niggling injuries, plus he won't be around WITH Toure for many weeks in January/February. Miguel would be welcome

I hope that we would still be able to afford the priority of getting a left midfielder in, but I would support the purchase of experienced defenders and central midfielders to give us more steel next season.

13 million pounds is a little steep.

kooldawg

Established Member
Sagna looks like a possible wenger signing.

Miguel is just to expensive and we're probably being linked to him to get Chelsea to up their price for him.

Doesn't look like it'll happen imo.

Bobo D. Clown

Yeah and from what people said in the Eboue thread in the Arsenal talk forum he's a hell of a character aswell!

He'll get better, stronger and more mature (cut out the theatrics) next season.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Maybe our supposed interest in Miguel is because of his ability to play as a winger too. After all he started his career as a winger.

With the fee likely to deter would-be suitors, Miguel has hinted that he could be willing to force his way out of the club.

"England could be my future. The rivalry between Spanish clubs is likely to mean me moving abroad," he said recently.

"England could be my destiny, but I must wait to analyse the offers that I have."

www.goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=331756

kel varnsen

Established Member
miguel is the best right back in the world. at least in my opinion. great going forward and solid defensively. i really hope chelsea don't sign him...

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
yeh i think so too, has improved defensively so much at valencia...because lets face it, he always had the attacking threat but now e knows whe to utilise both....
eboue is as dengerous as him attacking wise,best attacking full backs in the world but give it couple sesons and eboue will be best in world regarding the improvement of his defense...both hard to get past one on one as they know wingers move as they have the same instincts as them...ust that sometimes eboue gets caught out and leaves toure with too much work
we dont want miguel. its bull, i honestly know its chelsea want to swap him with ferreira

Grampus_Eight

kel varnsen said:
miguel is the best right back in the world. at least in my opinion. great going forward and solid defensively. i really hope chelsea don't sign him...

i don't know of any better rb either. eboue could eventually be better, but he has a lot to improve starting with his mentality.

athreya74

From the number of RBs we are being linked with, is it possible that Arsène is thinking of selling Eboue? The Sagna rumour refuses to die and now we are linked with Miguel.

Rohit

Established Member
Not a chance, didn't Eboue just sign a new improved deal?

The only plausible explaination might be that Wenger is taking the cheap option of moving Eboue to the right wing and only strengthening the left with an addition like Babel who can play both as a winger and as a forward. Can't say i ll too happy if that is the case, but we'll see, personally i don't see any truth in these rumours about Wenger being in the market for RB's with both Eboue and Hoyte having signed extentions.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson
Top Bottom