• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mike Dean

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Yeah, is an improper reaction to an improper dismissal then a proper reaction?

I say yes.
iD0Exez.gif

haha_arsenal

Said it to my buddy before the Zagreb game and I was being completely honest. We need to dump Flamini and replace him with a true hatchet man, Chieck Toite, or someone of the like, a goon. An enforcer who comes into thuggish games and their sole purpose to play dirty and potentially snap someone like Costas leg in half if he starts that ****.
Frimpong that is,
He's **** though

blaze_of_glory

So if two major mistakes by Mike Dean have now been overturned by the F.A., how does Mike Dean escape without punishment/ demotion?
My question as well. They effectively just ruled that he got the entire thing completely ass-backwards, yet they won't do anything about that?

General

Established Member
Yeah I don't know how he can be allowed to take charge of the Norwich West Ham game. At the heart of the problem as highlighted by Keith Hackett is the serious shortage of elite referees coming through the system. Shows a sad state of affairs that refs like Dean have become indispensable.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
People complain that video evidence during a game would disrupt play but surely that's better than having a cheating thug stay on the pitch and help win his club 3 pts. If TV evidence was available to Dean via a 4th official he would have had no option but to send off Costa and the game would have continued within a minute.

I'm fed up with results being affected by this type of decision, the technology is there, other sports use it, why dont the FA!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It took over 4 minutes to sort out the whole stuff with Costa, Kos and Gabriel on Saturday, i reckon TV evidence would have seen what Costa had done far quicker than that.

ScotVieira

Established Member
The fact that this idiot of a ref has now been indicted as being incompetent, at best, should be enough reason for the FA to sack the hammer-headed *****.

If your employer decides that you did a terrible job, you should be facing a disciplinary hearing.

General

Established Member
It took over 4 minutes to sort out the whole stuff with Costa, Kos and Gabriel on Saturday, i reckon TV evidence would have seen what Costa had done far quicker than that.

It took that long because of Mike Dean's incompetence. There's a video on YouTube with Howard Webb talking about how Mike Dean effectively allowed the situation to escalate. Football should be about 11 against 11 and sending offs should only happen in extreme circumstances. I don't think many people would've complained had Mike kept 11 players on the pitch and the FA then acted retrospectively like they have using video evidence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom