• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mikel has to go. Credit to him for sticking to his principles and get the non-performing Özil out. But his current capability is of assistant manager at best, especially at a club with high expectation and in competitive league. Aftercall, he got his man Partey and the way he wants to run his team. He delivers nothing except the the FA Cup winner last season and community shield.

Edu has to go too. Although he gets Martinelli, but his error with Saliba is inexcusable. In normal corporate environment, he would have been sacked. Vinai has to go too given the fiasco PR which get the club being involved in the ESL. Vinai is just a puppet of KSE, which deserves all the sticks except not mortgaging on the club to their own benefits. I would like to blame the scouting department but, wait, the club has NO scouts now as Per is on watching YT for trainspotting talents! F***, this is as bad as the trend could get.

Reading Keown and Freddies's reaction is really sad. The whole club is at very bad state, from the top to the sporting level.

Dj_sds -

Yeah mate, playing beautiful football, being an attractive club and being in Europe for 22 years on universal credit was surely worse than the dross we see now.

Can see why people want you to mute yourself
We did not play beautiful football under Wenger in his later years, what is wrong with you people? He dropped out of top 4 two seasons in a row and got humiliated in the champions league in the previous 5 seasons.

Last edited:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I'm not sure what's worse. Losing tonight or @Makingtrax saying his entertainment was watching us getting battered in big matches and not making it past the last 16 of the CL.

Absolute embarrassment on all levels.
Any sane person would take getting some batterings & finish top 4 then to finish mid table & lose to everyone at home.

Btw to get knocked out of the last 16 of UCL you actually have to be in the UCL. We won't even be in the frickin conference league next season😒

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The guy had planes and banners flying over his head when he was trying to work :lol:

Him leaving had to happen, if anything I wonder if he would have turned it around with an empty stadium and an army of journalists wiping his batty after every hiccup.
Dont let nostalgia blind you. Wenger had BIG players talking all the talk and then going out there and ****ting the bed. That's why he got launched. He was dead. He was never taking us back there, so we carry on looking for someone who can.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He has spent too long with Pep, thinks everything can be solved by money, money we won't get here.

If he joined our staff like Arsène wanted, probably would have made him a better manager imo.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
It's all subjective. At the time playing beautiful football for so many years but not actually getting anywhere became frustrating and ultimately unacceptable.

Right now is also unacceptable but it doesn't make what happened before it less unacceptable.
It contextualises what we were and what expectations we needed to have at the time. One should look at that period with glee and realise that that's the best we could have done under the circumstances. 22 years of great football and consistency is not unacceptable, what is is aiming for stars when you don't even know how to use a tool.

You look back and realise we barely spent yet were competitive against big teams even when we got battered.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Dont let nostalgia blind you. Wenger had BIG players talking all the talk and then going out there and ****ting the bed. That's why he got launched. He was dead. He was never taking us back there, so we carry on looking for someone who can.
Maybe. I certainly wasn't abusive or aggressive towards the man but I definitely regret my perspective that I had.

I genuinely though he was holding us back, there are question marks about him taking us forward but we would have never seen this season from Wenger - he would have walked away.

benjamin86

Established Member
Which good manager is available right now? We need to start pushing to get Arteta out
Rangnick as manager or to replace Sanllehi and he could pick a manager? It seems really stupid that we didn't replace Sanllehi and instead just went with Edu who has 5 years of club DoF experience with a very inexperienced manager.

Vicki

Good on them, I'm happy for them . They have a squad of Prem rejects. Half of them are injured, and the entire 25 of them probably cost a 10th of our starting 11.

All the joy to them.
Indeed
Good Luck to them.
Hope they smash United in the Final

I put my name down for the ticket lottery, so might be watching it live.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
@Jury
Mate, you are either being a wind up or you truly do benefit from us having **** managers.

In 22 years, there was never a sign of relegation but Il take your word that we would be in the championship with Wenger.

Top Bottom