• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The way me and @BigPoppaPump have gone from beefing about everything to pretty much agreeing on everything just sums up the state of the club atm. Shambles.

It’s not all Arteta’s fault either, especially the midfield situation. We all knew that Afcon was happening which means somebody decided it was okay to have one senior (suspension prone) midfielder at the club. Arteta is an idiot for sending Douzi/AMN away but Edu and others are equally liable for allowing it to happen.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The way me and @BigPoppaPump have gone from beefing about everything to pretty much agreeing on everything just sums up the state of the club atm. Shambles.

It’s not all Arteta’s fault either, especially the midfield situation. We all knew that Afcon was happening which means somebody decided it was okay to have one senior (suspension prone) midfielder at the club. Arteta is an idiot for sending Douzi/AMN away but Edu and others are equally liable for allowing it to happen.
Burn them all!!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Edu is an incompetent clown. If I really say what I think of him and what he does I may get banned. But he shouldn’t got the job. He is one of the reason I’m not optimistic about the future

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

But again, its more a ceasefire than anything. You will find more posters here who quietly hope for our failure as a club, so as to be proven right in their anti-Arteta stance.

I do respect you SA Gunner but I can't agree with that line.

I think quite a few posters might not like Arteta and might not think he'll do well and maybe aren't as forgiving of him as a result, but that's not the same as actively wanting us to fail (which I think is a group only an extremely minute amount would be in).

As for my opinion. Well I have to be honest that City game and the little run leading up to it bought more goodwill than I realized cos I was a staunch Arteta outer.

But for now like Macho said a few weeks ago, maybe you "let him cook" that's even after tonight.

A big part is that I'm not honestly that bothered about the FA cup or League cup, I suppose our performances have been worrying of late but then out first leg against Liverpool was admirable considering the red card.

That's not to say I'm necessarily "Arteta INNN". But after he earned a lot of credit during the City game I think he deserves atleast some league games to see where we might go.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I do respect you SA Gunner but I can't agree with that line.

I think quite a few posters might not like Arteta and might not think he'll do well and maybe aren't as forgiving of him as a result, but that's not the same as actively wanting us to fail (which I think is a group only an extremely minute amount would be in).

As for my opinion. Well I have to be honest that City game and the little run leading up to it bought more goodwill than I realized cos I was a staunch Arteta outer.

But for now like Macho said a few weeks ago, maybe you "let him cook" that's even after tonight.

A big part is that I'm not honestly that bothered about the FA cup or League cup, I suppose our performances have been worrying of late but then out first leg against Liverpool was admirable considering the red card.

That's not to say I'm necessarily "Arteta INNN". But after he earned a lot of credit during the City game I think he deserves atleast some league games to see where we might go.

Appreciated, and I too have respect for you dka91, you're a great poster.

Look, I hope you are right in your assessment of the anti-Arteta group. One would like to think we at least are on the side of seeing Arsenal rise back to the high levels we once frequented with ease.

I agree with the notion that we should give the manager the rest of the season to get us over the line. As you say, there have been performances that have made us sit up and take note of the work done behind the scenes, turning some of the hardest Arteta critics, into quiet, newly optimistic observers.

The big discussion comes at season's end however. Obviously a 4th placed finish sets a new topic altogether. But I'd be interested in the debate, and mood if we fall short.

mpower2540

If he had any options on the bench I might agree but the gulf in quality is massive between the first choice and the bench.
Yeah I have sympathy with him there. I’m just frustrated but it’s an area of his management I think is pretty weak. We started well but almost as soon as Liverpool scored our confidence just left us and we looked brittle

ThePortugueseGunner

Trophyless season. We must get top-4 at all costs, but honestly, I don't think we'll make it. City and Liverpool are locked in, Chelsea appears to be losing some gas. That leaves 2 spots for us, Chelsea, Sp**s, United and perhaps West Ham to fight for. It will be extremely hard.

I don't know if I've mentioned it before in any post, but in the active poll I voted for the option "Any European place with deep cup runs". Our performance in the F.A. Cup was pathetic and we missed our chance on any silverware tonight, so I won't be satisfied with Europa League football next season (I mean, I never would, but winning cups would've helped).

No excuses, and we have a great run of fixtures ahead of us. We should make the most of it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We can 100% still get Top Four, the only 3 teams in the league that are better than us are the top 3...we should fear no one else.

This is a massive chance for Arteta (and Edu and the board) to get us back there...if we slip away, serious questions can be asked at the end of the season of Mikel...beat Burnley, go back into the Champions League spots, try and get some business done during the break and get our best team fit and ready to go.

He has been up and down this season, but Arteta could still have a successful year...18 big games left for us.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
We can 100% still get Top Four, the only 3 teams in the league that are better than us are the top 3...we should fear no one else.

This is a massive chance for Arteta (and Edu and the board) to get us back there...if we slip away, serious questions can be asked at the end of the season of Mikel...beat Burnley, go back into the Champions League spots, try and get some business done during the break and get our best team fit and ready to go.

He has been up and down this season, but Arteta could still have a successful year...18 big games left for us.
Need Albert, not Teta. The City performance we were fearless.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Found it stranger Tierney refused to overlap after it having worked pretty well during the first half.

Are we back at square one mentally?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

That was because of the foundation laid by the 10 game run and then some solid performances after the Aubameyang sacking.

But again, its more a ceasefire than anything. You will find more posters here who quietly hope for our failure as a club, so as to be proven right in their anti-Arteta stance.
No one is hoping we fail to be proven they are right about Arteta. That’s just dumb. Some people actually don’t think he is good and are saying it.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
The worrying thing for Arteta is that Sp**s will get 4th, they’ve got a world class manager who knows how to get results regardless of performance.

I see Arsenal finishing 5th/6th and that should be the end of Micky but I think your board will stick with him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom