• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
It's like we're all living in a dream.

All the events that have happened makes me think the club would have extended him anyway. They are just waiting for an opportune time to do it.

They will try to renew him midseason because what if we finish 6th or 7th? The board will look like ****** then. They'll try to give him an extension now. So that when he finishes 6th or 7th at the end of the season, it will just be business as usual.

Arteta is their man. We best get used to it.

Question is how long? Don't think Arteta will achieve anything in the league here in the next year or so.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Love how comparing Arteta to the best coach in the world to show how **** arteta is passes as legit criticism.

Only AM
@Oh_Snap who compared Arteta to Klopp. This what prompted me and @Tir Na Nog 's reply.
somewhat agree. progress isn't as fast as i would like it but it took other managers, f.e. klopp with way more funding, almost as long. if the team finishes top 4 this season & next there is hardly anything to complain about. if.

Wasn't it a sexual that compared Mikel to the best manager in the world?

You guys make ridiculous takes and then cry when you're called out on it :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Question is how long? Don't think Arteta will achieve anything in the league here in the next year or so.
I don't know man. But what I do know is he won't achieve anything without unlimited backing like his mentor Pep.

We outspend every team in Europe and people are still saying we shouldn't expect top four. How much more spend do we need to actually make top four?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How much more spend do we need to actually make top four?

giphy5.gif

Kav

Established Member
Only thing we know for sure is that he won’t be winning anything this season.

That aside maybe if he gets his act together next season could be a good one 👍🏼

Riou

We could easily still get 4th, tbh.

United aren't as good a team as us, even with some better individual players...while if Sp**s don't bring in exactly who Conte wants, you could easily see him phoning it in after the January transfer window like he did in his last season at Chelsea...and while I rate Moyes, West Ham will just run out of steam this season.

Plus with the amount of players leaving us this window, I wouldn't be shocked if the board to a madness for a big name player this window...Chequebook Mik is well in this Champions League race!

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Suspicious timing for the news.

Think it's just a leak to provide some stability since the season is derailing quickly and we don't need any more uncertanties.

If we're still creeping around 4th come April/May then we'll see.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Even by AM standards this is the biggest overreaction to being knocked out of the League Cup I've ever seen. :lol:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Id imagine the club are frightened that he might goto City and replace Pep so an extension makes sense. We are sitting 6th nearing rop 4 in the league the holy grail for a long time. There is a lot of good positivity about the club (cups aside) and it seems like we are in a position to finish 3rd of 4th. It makes sense we are extending his contract. I just hope there is a break clause in it.

Kav

Established Member
Arteta... "We have to definitely beat Burnley now, after losing the last game"

AM... "This is outrageous behaviour!!!"
Arsenal gets knocked out of Europa>
Artetasexuals: Now we get to focus on the league.

Arsenal doesn’t qualify for any European competition>
Artetasexuals: next season we get one game a week and we will be fresh for top four challenge.

Arsenal gets knocked out of Fa cup >
Artetasexuals: it’s just a tin pot trophy

Arsenal get knocked out of League Cup>
Artetasexuals: we didn’t want the Mickey Mouse trophy anyway and we can focus on Top Four.

What will be your next excuse?

GLITCH

Eight twice in a row is going to make finishing 5th/6th look like progress. But when you factor in how much he has been allowed to spend, playing mostly once a week (last season failure), and no chance of silverware, it's only progress for Arteta. As much as I want him gone, if he gets 4th, he will understandably have earned an extension.

Guess we just have to wait and see how it all unfolds.

Riou

Arsenal gets knocked out of Europa>
Artetasexuals: Now we get to focus on the league.

Arsenal doesn’t qualify for any European competition>
Artetasexuals: next season we get one game a week and we will be fresh for top four challenge.

Arsenal gets knocked out of Fa cup >
Artetasexuals: it’s just a tin pot trophy

Arsenal get knocked out of League Cup>
Artetasexuals: we didn’t want the Mickey Mouse trophy anyway and we can focus on Top Four.

What will be your next excuse?

I would never say any trophy is tinpot, don't forget I am the Community Shield guy!

Don't really rate the League Cup, but when you get to a semi final you try and win it...was gutted we lost on Thursday, do still think we can get Top Four though.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Id imagine the club are frightened that he might goto City and replace Pep so an extension makes sense. We are sitting 6th nearing rop 4 in the league the holy grail for a long time. There is a lot of good positivity about the club (cups aside) and it seems like we are in a position to finish 3rd of 4th. It makes sense we are extending his contract. I just hope there is a break clause in it.

Don't get my hopes up like this.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
so City thinking about replacing one top managers in world with Arteta. but our fans want him out and hire Potter. fantastic.

This doesn't mean anything. How about scrub managers have Real Madrid and Barcelona hired? They're the two biggest clubs in the world

United replaced Ferguson with Moyes and Mourinho with Sméagol . Liverpool hired Kenny Dalglish in the 21st century.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom