• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
It's how I got the courage to pursue Catwoman as well.

Thinking about it...

b1383369f0ee0530dac98dcd4fad1aa7.jpg

...did Bruce actually do anything?

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Does that empty head of yours form any thoughts other than Arteta and sex?,
Sorry only garbage like progressivism, books from Simone de Beauvoir, Michel Foucault, Marx and trans stuff. That ****ee really empty your head! Forgive me pls!!

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Didn't expect anything but a disingenuous response from you, but, do you really think our level was like this? (I'm not going to sum up the shots for and against by hand, but given our end of season levels are basically identical on xG and superior in many ways to the other stats with Em*ry--again, only under Em*ry, even in his so-called 'good' season, were Arsenal outshout and basically outplayed over the course of the season in the way of a mid-table team--that 13 game sample that you pick out there isn't really indicative, whereas the Em*ry one was part of a rather clear trend, and part of a larger story of being dominated and playing mid-table level football during the whole of his reign):
GF: 18
GA: 19

Shots F: 162
Shots A: 218

Shots on target F: 58
Shots on target A: 73

Possession: 56.15%

xGF: 17.78
xGA: 21.04

Just had a look, after 13 games in 20-21 we were at 14.24 xGF - 15.91 xGA and 16.88 xPTS. So yeah, as I said, 18-19 and 20-21 were ugly seasons in terms of performance level, a much of muchness of mediocrity, but naturally, if you pick out those first 13 games, where Arteta was still working to reverse the hole of utter mid-tableness that Em*ry had put us in in 18-19 going into 19-20, it looks a bit worse. In the end, as said, we finished on the same xG level as we did in 18-19 in 20-21, and weren't consistently outshot by opponents. Arteta's 20-21 was disappointing but ultimately a great (positive) departure from where he picked the team up at.

VancouverCanuck

We do not have a world class player like Kane, or someone borderline world class like Son.

So I am not sure how big a difference Conte would have made here.

We did have Auba, who was underachieving. He is no Kane, not even close. Kane and Son are at their peak. Auba is decline. But he still could have made the difference and get us 3 more points to finish 4th, if he was managed properly. Ultimately, not having someone at this quality hurt us. This is where I have problems with Arteta's decision making.

Needless to say Auba is not the future for us anyway. So we do need to buy a top notch striker (or someone with the potential to be) this summer.

shoot for the top

We do not have a world class player like Kane, or someone borderline world class like Son.

So I am not sure how big a difference Conte would have made here.

We did have Auba, who was underachieving. He is no Kane, not even close. Kane and Son are at their peak. Auba is decline. But he still could have made the difference and get us 3 more points to finish 4th, if he was managed properly. Ultimately, not having someone at this quality hurt us. This is where I have problems with Arteta's decision making.

Needless to say Auba is not the future for us anyway. So we do need to buy a top notch striker (or someone with the potential to be) this summer.
First of all, you shouldn't be focusing on Auba for Kane. It was Auba for Nketiah/Lacazette. Arteta couldn't work with Auba, so he got rid of him for Nketiah/Lacazette.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
First of all, you shouldn't be focusing on Auba for Kane. It was Auba for Nketiah/Lacazette. Arteta couldn't work with Auba, so he got rid of him for Nketiah/Lacazette.
oh jesus

Auba was no longer a world-class player this season, he wasn't a difference maker and that helps explain why our performance level was actually better after Auba was out of the team. @VancouverCanuck The rest I agree with.

Arteta could clearly work with Auba, he got an FA Cup out of him. But his decline during last season and into this made it no longer worth it to work with him.

yorch44

oh jesus

Auba was no longer a world-class player this season, he wasn't a difference maker and that helps explain why our performance level was actually better after Auba was out of the team. @VancouverCanuck The rest I agree with.

Arteta could clearly work with Auba, he got an FA Cup out of him. But his decline during last season and into this made it no longer worth it to work with him.
There is no striker in the world who would work under Arteta. That's it. You can't score without creativity. Well you can if you become Stoke and score by set pieces. So maybe Crouch would work, if only he were 15 years younger :(

shoot for the top

oh jesus

Arteta probably shot himself in the foot with Auba. Auba might have gotten him over the line and get 4th. He might not be world class anymore but he sure would have made more a difference than Nketiah and Laca.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
There is no striker in the world who would work under Arteta. That's it. You can't score without creativity. Well you can if you become Stoke and score by set pieces. So maybe Crouch would work, if only he were 15 years younger :(
Arteta's football really started to resemble (a watered-down version of) Pep's this season...top strikers have always thrived in Pep's football, and not so top ones have tended to struggle.

Don't think there's much more to the story than that, tbh. Auba did well when he was still pre-decline in 19-20 despite our team being really pretty bad. 20-21 his decline started to become noteworthy and he couldn't overcome the fact that our team wasn't very good the way he could in 19-20. This season our team was better but his decline continued and his motivation levels weren't there, hence why it made sense for us to move on and our performance level increased after taking him out.

Nketiah, by no means a world-class striker, has a good goalscoring record this season under Arteta.

Basically, I don't think there's any foundation for the bolded, and you will see so next season if we sign a good striker.

yorch44

Arteta's football really started to resemble (a watered-down version of) Pep's this season...top strikers have always thrived in Pep's football, and not so top ones have tended to struggle.

Don't think there's much more to the story than that, tbh. Auba did well when he was still pre-decline in 19-20 despite our team being really pretty bad. 20-21 his decline started to become noteworthy and he couldn't overcome the fact that our team wasn't very good the way he could in 19-20. This season our team was better but his decline continued and his motivation levels weren't there, hence why it made sense for us to move on and our performance level increased after taking him out.

Nketiah, by no means a world-class striker, has a good goalscoring record this season under Arteta.

Basically, I don't think there's any foundation for the bolded, and you will see so next season if we sign a good striker.
So Gabriel who hasn't succeed under Pep is going to do it under Arteta? If your point is right there is no top striker available for us without CL.

There are proves about it just you don't want to see it. People talks about Auba decline but they omit they immediate impact he had at Barcelona. And no, he started to struggle the very moment Arteta arrived.

But time will tell I don't gonna change my words, any striker is going to struggle under his rigid system without creativity. Only constant source of goals we have is set pieces.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This. We acted correctly as a club, we believed in him and his ideas, and now is time for results. We have to be ruthless if it does not work, 3 years and the amount of investment we saw are more than enough reasons to have a good ride next season. And by good ride, I mean getting a trophy and CL football, like in the old days.

I believe that for once the club has made a good thing by sticking with someone that had a project and tried to revamp our brand. The foundations are there, so now we need to act like a big club.

Hopefully, the club already has a plan B so if necessary and action needs to be taken during the middle of the season we are allowed to have a smooth transition to a different coach. We have a very young core, it is a very high-risk high reward path that the board has chosen, so having the club healthy within the insides should be our main focus.

It is the first time in years that if you look at our starting eleven (bar striker) it is hard to tell where we can easily improve. The team as a whole looks solid and reliable, together and ready for a fight. Yes, people don't like Xhaka so you can argue a midfielder can be bought but he had a fantastic season and I don't mind him starting the week in and out next to Thomas.

He has built a team. It is time to deliver.
Based on what? We absolutely didn’t act correctly in giving the job to a man who has never managed. Believed in ideas he told us about in interview and which he never showcased in real life? He should have never gotten the job and he should have already been sacked. Instead he stayed on and got new contract. The club deserves Mikel and no CL football once again. Even when he is about to fail you give him new deal because it will be harder to give him when he failed. Joke of a club

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Based on what? We absolutely didn’t act correctly in giving the job to a man who has never managed. Believed in ideas he told us about in interview and which he never showcased in real life? He should have never gotten the job and he should have already been sacked. Instead he stayed on and got new contract. The club deserves Mikel and no CL football once again. Even when he is about to fail you give him new deal because it will be harder to give him when he failed. Joke of a club
Thats how you know the club is run by muppets. Yet @SA Gunner seems to think we have wise and stable leadership at the helm 😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom