• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The idea that we can only judge Arteta fairly until the entire squad consists entirely of only his signings is bizarre and unprecedented.
And if the signings are going to be of the calibre of Willian, Cedric, Mari and Ceballos are we really sure we want Arteta to get a team consisting of only his signings?

GDeep™

League is very weak
100% there are things I believe Arteta can do better. The main one being playing what he perceives to be his best 11. But the players haven't been good enough under Wenger or Emery and now Arteta. Massive issue is poor recruitment and wasted money. The polar opposite in that regard is Leicester. Fantastic recruitment and now they've a fantastic manager extracting the maximum from those players.
Most of the squad and team is now an Arteta/Edu recruited through transfers, extensions and loans. Why are we 10th all season? It’s not because of Auba who Wenger left behind. Or Laca, a squaddy, probably the best squad striker in the league.

You’re accurate when you say the club has wasted money, record amounts have been wasted since Wenger left, 300-400M.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If we don’t win the EL, you’ll have to say we’ve gone backwards as we’re probably finishing 10-12th after spending ALL season there, and recruiting 3/4 older poor players on long contracts without improving Martinelli, Saliba, Guendouzi etc.

We were more closer to top 4 when we sacked Emery.

Finishing top 6 would’ve been decent this season, and it’s a weak season too, we aren’t asking for a lot. But we’ve gone backwards to even last season.

I thought we would get a style of play, improve some young players, get top 6 etc, that’s development, and then sign some players in the summer and push for top 4 next season.

But that’s all gone up in the air.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

If we don’t win the EL, you’ll have to say we’ve gone backwards as we’re probably finishing 10-12th after spending ALL season there, and recruiting 3/4 older poor players on long contracts without improving Martinelli, Saliba, Guendouzi etc.
This is the part that really p!sses me off as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How can you keep making excuses for this? We’re not asking for CL place or a title.

We just want to see some improvement and it’s not happened this season, it’s actually gone backwards.

Ole is second, David Moyes who took over West Ham the same time Arteta came here is 4th. We’ve conceded 3/4 less than Brighton but apparently we have a great defence.

The standards are rock bottom and people ares making excuses. This Arsenal squad should not be 12th all season. That’s on the manager and DoF.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What happens when the team has been out of form for 4 or 5 seasons under 3 different managers, 2 of whom broke spending records? That to me says recruitment and players have been the problem the managers have been the ones picking up the pieces.
The team was finishing 4-6th under those 2 managers. It’s an insult to them to include Arteta as the 3rd manager.

This squad isn’t top 4 quality, Arsène and Emery managed to make the squad play to about their level. Arteta (and Emery once he lost the dressing room) are the ones having us on course for 10th.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Torreira, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Saliba, Pepe, Tierney and Gabriel are all the signings since Wenger left that I'd describe as the right age and profile. Obviously Torreira flopped badly but for me it's worrying that only one of those has been signed under the Edu/Arteta partnership and only Tierney/Gabriel you could class as regulars. Especially when you consider Arteta was supposedly tasked with a rebuild of the club.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Players and managers can both be an issue, I don't know why it's framed as an either or debate on here.
Exactly!
We don’t need to overrate our players to justify Arteta’s tactics has problems. We all know that there are flaws in his tactics. But there players are equally shxt at the same time.

We went from having a team of Van Persie, Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin.....to just left with Sanchez and Cazorla, and then now, with no one good enough. Auba and Laca has been fxxking jokes, anyone who has watched football for more than two seconds knew they were shxt.

Was over the moon when we finally get rid of shxt like walcott, ramsey, giroud, chamberlain....but we get in limited players like Özil, Auba and Laca, who are only good at making the final pass/final finish but doing nothing for the whole match.

People who thought they were good strikers/players are fools, they are levels and levels below Benzema, Suarez, Firmino......

Anyway, I’m glad these type of players will all be gone in the near future. I have been waiting for years.

@Oxeki

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Depth and quality are two different things. You said we didn’t have depth. We clearly did. Now you’re saying there was depth but it was filled with poor players That’s a different argument.

They go hand in hand so, no, it's not.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I've backed the manager this season but the reality is its April and we are barley in the top half, which isn't good enough. No justifications can be made for that.

I thought before the season started we had 7th best squad give or take, and even until recently thought that's where we would end up, however that's now looking more and more unlikely. If he doesn't win the Europa league, a sacking it's justified.

My worry is though that sacking Arteta is the easy way out for the Kroenke's, who are the real issue at this football club. If they were serious they'd have brought in people like Campos and provided the funds to properly rejuvenate this squad, but they take the easy way out with every decision they make. We are ****ed for the long term.

Legend14

Established Member
The Independent:
“I cannot talk with everybody individually every week,” said Arteta when asked how Aubameyang took the news that he was to start on the bench. You’d think the one person you’d consult ahead of such a big game would be your captain, especially if you were going to start without him."

Man management, a big weakness.
That relationship was done after the derby. Easy to see it coming.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Crystal Palace can go a point behind us if they beat Chelsea.

There should be riots outside the Emirates once we get flung out of Europe.

mirrorstare

My worry is though that sacking Arteta is the easy way out for the Kroenke's, who are the real issue at this football club.

The easy way for them is keeping Arteta, they have found in him the holy grail of someone capable of making the supporters accept and embrace mediocrity. No pressure to do anything, just stay in the PL letting the new Pep "gain experience" and rake it in selling gear.

Until recently you were played like a fiddle by him, so don't keep getting things wrong then.

Top Bottom