• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I wonder if it's all tactical in the way we almost allowed them back into it near the end? I always go back to Luiz after the United game saying we didn't have the stamina to keep the intensity up for 90 mins. Could that still be a part of it as well?
He’s good at setting traps and counter attacking from them, that second goal especially gives me shades of some of the cup semi and cup final goals.

With Arteta I need to see sustained periods of chance creation or us being able to create chances against a deep block because ultimately that’s what you need to make top four. We can’t play like we played today against most teams in the league.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It'll take more than this to win a lot of us over. If we can play like we did in the first 45 minutes more often then he'll slowly win fans over even if it doesn't result in a top 4 finish or whatever. The intensity, the aggression, the style it was all great to see. It was the closest thing to that 2-0 victory over United that we've seen.

Maybe he just did need his own players? :lol: We're sorry Hairspray.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Could of dropped auba for laca but stuck to his guns and played the better option. Got everything right today. Hopefully we can go on a long winning run . He needs this to prove doubters like myself wrong . No good drawing or losing next week.

Reactions: Xln

Haphazard

When Arteta's tricky reds make it into top 4 and win an FA cup but we don't see Hairspray anymore

download.jpg

Fair play to him, it doesn't matter it was a poor Sp**s side we needed a good performance and we got that. Now the challenge is having the same kind of intensity and desire over other games.

Reactions: Xln

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Really good performance today in the first half and it's been some time since I think we looked that convincing which is a positive.

For me still has a lot to prove, but I'll gladly admit I was wrong if he does turn it around. A long way to go though.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Obviously there's a long way to go for him to get even close to redeeming himself but destroying Sp**s will always help with that. Should be pointed out again that this the first time we've seen him play what you would call his first choice 11 and we've produced that.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I think we soaked pressure well enough for most of it. Yes we rode our luck with Kane diving and then missing a clear shot, but he’s also missing due to our players not giving him much of anything to do for most of the match.

Subs should’ve come earlier, but yeah, that’s about it.
Think that Kane chance was offside as well, our line has been brilliant since we came back. We got more than a few offsides against Burnley last week and continued it again this week, love seeing it.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Only things I'd want him to do better.

He's pretty bad with subs.. And late subs.. Should have made them earlier. Which leads to another point. Earlier subs might have helped to score more and really kill them. Don't want us to stop with a 3 goal lead. Need to bring that GD up.

blaze_of_glory

Had the players well up for this and got the selection and approach right from the start. Game management in the second half could have been better but overall this was very good from Arteta

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Other than nitpicking there's no a lot you can criticise Arteta for today. So let's all enjoy the win.

One swift doesn't make a summer though. If we drop points in a tricky match away at Brighton next weekend it'll have been for nothing. Got to keep focused and move forwards.

I don't know that it was fully Arteta's decisions, I'm sure others were involved too but Tomiyasu has slotted in seamlessly and I'm getting worrying close to eating humble pie with Ramsdale. It's still early doors for both obviously but they're looking like shrewd bits of business as it stands.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Credit where credit's due, he delivered a victory in one of the two matches I care the most about every season.

But he's still not the right man for the job.

All things considered, this has to be my tamest post regarding him since we won the FA Cup & that's saying something 🤣

Latest posts+

Top Bottom