• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
@Rex Banter nailing it here. Wenger's biggest strength has always been setting the culture of the club. His character is incredible. If the board benefits from that judgment and vision but takes him out of the day to day firing line then I don't see the problem with that. Obviously Wenger might not want anything to do with them which would be fair enough but I think it would be great for the club if he comes back on the board as an Non Executive Director or whatever they want to call it.
I said the same thing and got half a dozen Dohs from the Homer Simpson clones on here look out

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Not really. I think the GD is a bigger problem than losing to United.

Mind you, they're certainly beatable and we should be aiming for 4 points at least between them and Everton.

If we fix the change creation problem, we can get top 4.
In a league of 20
16 teams are currently not on positive GD.
I wouldnt be too concerned.
I will bet anybody on here cash money that at the end of the season we are positive.

Im looking at 4 points from Man U & Everton.

If we can now be steady & stay around 5th or 6th all season im pretty happy.
If Man U & Sp**s dont get their sh!t together all the better 👍

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

In a league of 20
16 teams are currently not on positive GD.
I wouldnt be too concerned.
I will bet anybody on here cash money that at the end of the season we are positive.

Im looking at 4 points from Man U & Everton.

If we can now be steady & stay around 5th or 6th all season im more than happy.
If Man U & Sp**s dont get their sh!t together all the better 👍

Yes but nothing is a worry for you since Arteta cant do anything wrong in your head. Our gd is a disgrace ffs.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
4 points from the Man Utd and Everton matches and I think that'll put us on course for 4th, as things stand.

I think we're going to see our rivals for 4th dropping points against lesser teams fairly frequently during the rest of the season.
So I think it's really important Arteta gets us putting away weaker sides consistently. Too many of those dropped points against poorer are what's going to really hurt our push for 4th. We need consistency there.

At this stage I'm not too fussed how we get to 4th. We can grind it out, as we are currently are, or in an ideal world get there playing lovely football. Either way we need 4th. The financial implications of getting back in the CL are a game changer for us.

I was more in the finish 5th / 6th is progress camp initially but we've got a real chance for 4th now the way things are playing out this season, Arteta needs to take it.

Good managers thrive under a bit of pressure, let's see what he's got.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
4 points from the Man Utd and Everton matches and I think that'll put us on course for 4th, as things stand.

I think we're going to see our rivals for 4th dropping points against lesser teams fairly frequently during the rest of the season.
So I think it's really important Arteta gets us putting away weaker sides consistently. Too many of those dropped points against poorer are what's going to really hurt our push for 4th. We need consistency there.

At this stage I'm not too fussed how we get to 4th. We can grind it out, as we are currently, or in an ideal world get there playing lovely football. Either way we need 4th. The financial implications of getting back in the CL are a game changer for us.

I was more in the finish 5th / 6th is progress camp initially but we've got a real chance for 4th now, Arteta needs to take it.

Great post, this was a club who once won league titles as boring Arsenal. I don’t care if we play Mourinho ball 2.0 or look like 1970 Brazil in doing it, get the results and get the trophies. Let the neutrals moan about style points as we move up the standings. As I said almost halfway in the season we sit tied on points with 4th, and we got youngest team in the league. Arteta needs to get it done now there are no second chances when you have been given both time and money

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
@Rex Banter nailing it here. Wenger's biggest strength has always been setting the culture of the club. His character is incredible. If the board benefits from that judgment and vision but takes him out of the day to day firing line then I don't see the problem with that. Obviously Wenger might not want anything to do with them which would be fair enough but I think it would be great for the club if he comes back on the board as an Non Executive Director or whatever they want to call it.
The same culture the fans and The athletic were absolutely convinced were holding us back just a few years ago? I hope not.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant

for us.

I was more in the finish 5th / 6th is progress camp initially but we've got a real chance for 4th now the way things are playing out this season, Arteta needs to take it.

i think 4 points would be a very good outcome.
I still think we should accept 5th/6th because we have a young team & that is progress from the last 2 seasons FACT.
If Sp**s & Man U dont get their act together we maybe get half a shot at top 4.

But lets be serious Sp**s have now appointed Elite God Conte & are a side that have been above us for 5 seasons anyway.
If Man U fold they get 4th.

Man U tbf have also been above us for years & have spent 100s of millions more. They have now employed a very well respected experienced coach after the Wheels fell of the bus for Ole (who lets not forget had a lesser squad 2nd last season)

They rightly expect to be above us.

Dont forget we still have West Ham punching above their weight again this season to deal with.

Oh & has everybody written Leicester off even though won a title when Arsène & have regularly been higher than us in the table since?

Many wanted Rodgers here & consider him a top manager.

People Please dont forget We still have an incompetent baffoon in charge according to many on here.

I have seen posts saying that we will finish bottom half under Arteta (We never have)

However with a rookie & young team we are still surely only looking at 7th or 8th given the competition?

Why are people now suddenly expecting our clown to be able beat elite managers?

:p

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Exactly, some people are happier being miserable. I for one will not be satisfied until we win Xg World Cup trophy.
I reckon if you're Grahame Potter right now - or Brighton fans for that matter - you'd rather be in Arsenal's rather enviable position of having bad xG (which actually isn't so bad as I demonstrated*) but having real points equal to 4th place in the league.

*(Our xGA is the really worrying underlying stat)

Top Bottom