• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
4 points from the Man Utd and Everton matches and I think that'll put us on course for 4th, as things stand.

I think we're going to see our rivals for 4th dropping points against lesser teams fairly frequently during the rest of the season.
So I think it's really important Arteta gets us putting away weaker sides consistently. Too many of those dropped points against poorer are what's going to really hurt our push for 4th. We need consistency there.

At this stage I'm not too fussed how we get to 4th. We can grind it out, as we are currently are, or in an ideal world get there playing lovely football. Either way we need 4th. The financial implications of getting back in the CL are a game changer for us.

I was more in the finish 5th / 6th is progress camp initially but we've got a real chance for 4th now the way things are playing out this season, Arteta needs to take it.

Good managers thrive under a bit of pressure, let's see what he's got.

I'd be amazed if Westham don't run out of steam at some point.

We meme about it, but the AFCON will make or break a lot of our and the rest of the leagues season.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
The same culture the fans and The athletic were absolutely convinced were holding us back just a few years ago? I hope not.
I appreciate that the word culture is potentially a Pandora's Box of a comment that will mean different things to different posters.

I personally think that Wenger had some blind spots and weaknesses as a coach - I don't think he's the messiah, or that it was the wrong time for him to go. But he had an extraordinary eloquence and vision about what Arsenal should be and he was inspiring in a way that Josh, Edu, Vinai, Garlik and Arteta are not. I think he'd bring something unique to the board as a custodian of Arsenal's values.

For all his many strengths, there was a staleness to Arsenal before he left. That debate's been done to death though, I still love Wenger almost as much as AFC before the attack dogs come in.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I reckon if you're Grahame Potter right now - or Brighton fans for that matter - you'd rather be in Arsenal's rather enviable position of having bad xG (which actually isn't so bad as I demonstrated*) but having real points equal to 4th place in the league.

*(Our xGA is the really worrying underlying stat)
Xg is great except it simply doesn’t count about 20-30 percent of goals because set piece goals, penalties, and own goals supposedly pop out of thin air like the big bang you got a whole lotta of something out of nothing. By their own methodology they will underate teams that have good keepers, clinical strikers, and who are good at scoring off the dead ball.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We are not going to accept 6th or 5th.

Give me a reason why we should expect anymore ?
5th or 6th at best is our level!!

Last years top 4 are light years ahead on spending & squad Quality
Sp**s & Leicester both overtook us under Wenger.

Sp**s have have been above us for like 5 years ffs & now have Elite manager Conte.
Leicester similar & have well respected Rodgers

Try to engage your braincells & see what you have written recently as an entitled fan.
You think Arteta is useless!!

So why do we finish above any of those teams?

We should imho finish above a punching above their weight West Ham tbf.

However Please give me a real balanced coherent explanation as to why we should finish above 6 teams that have been far more successful than us recently?

Even with a top manager it looks a real stretch,Lets not forget Wenger fell behind them!
Please dont forget our current manager is totally useless!!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I appreciate that the word culture is potentially a Pandora's Box of a comment that will mean different things to different posters.

I personally think that Wenger had some blind spots and weaknesses as a coach - I don't think he's the messiah, or that it was the wrong time for him to go. But he had an extraordinary eloquence and vision about what Arsenal should be and he was inspiring in a way that Josh, Edu, Vinai, Garlik and Arteta are not. I think he'd bring something unique to the board as a custodian of Arsenal's values.

For all his many strengths, there was a staleness to Arsenal before he left. That debate's been done to death though, I still love Wenger almost as much as AFC before the attack dogs come in.

He'll just literally pull his John out and slam it at the table, Making Vinai immediately pass out, southern bell style, as Wenger let's one of his iconic "uuuuuuhs..." Followed by a"ze football is back, *****es"

Edu gets fired on the spot and as he's walking to his car, cardboard box in hand, he sees Sandro Orlandelli moving back in as X gon give it to ya plays on the background (rip DMX).

Edit: nay it should be Master PS "uuuuh nananana song"

Barry

I'd be amazed if Westham don't run out of steam at some point.

We meme about it, but the AFCON will make or break a lot of our and the rest of the leagues season.
Weirdly I'm as worried about West Ham as about Man U and Sp**s. If they keep their front three together and Rice & Soucek fit they are good enough to mix it with anyone in the league, including us. Looks like the goals might be drying up for Antonio though which surely slows them down. The advantage we have is no European games which on paper really helps us at the back end of the season against all the others. If we keep the spine of Partey, ESR, Gabriel, Tomi & Ramsdale fit then I think we've got a great chance now.

There's an incredibly narrow path to 4th though with the top 3 basically nailed on.

Barry

He'll just literally pull his John out and slam it at the table, Making Vinai immediately pass out, southern bell style, as Wenger let's one of his iconic "uuuuuuhs..." Followed by a"ze football is back, *****es"

Edu gets fired on the spot and as he's walking to his car, cardboard box in hand, he sees Sandro Orlandelli moving back in as X gon give it to ya plays on the background (rip DMX).

Edit: nay it should be Master PS "uuuuh nananana song"
This...

This post is basically perfection 🤣

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Xg is great except it simply doesn’t count about 20-30 percent of goals because set piece goals, penalties, and own goals supposedly pop out of thin air like the big bang you got a whole lotta of something out of nothing. By their own methodology they will underate teams that have good keepers, clinical strikers, and who are good at scoring off the dead ball.
You're still getting xG mixed up with the chances created stat.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Think I’ll be disappointed to miss out on CL tbh. We’re in the race, and we’re up against a team with no stability and playing 2 games a week.

These are chances you take.

Arteta has the luxury of not being distracted by no European football plus he had the luxury of being backed heavily in the transfer market unlike Emery and Arsène. Let’s not forget he also had the luxury of no fans barking and wanting him out last season.

Does he deserve any more luxuries if he doesn’t secure top 4 against a team with no stability and many problems?

If he messes this up then he should be sacked at the end of the season, no questions asked. This would probably be even worse than when Emery messed up the CL qualification with the Europa League final + the final few games.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ok I love to be entertained but would sooner win a trophy than play entertaining football.

Fountains of knowledge & older viewers will understand that George Graham played some of the dullest football imaginable.
It was many levels down from what you see today. However he won us cups & titles. '1-0 to the Arsenal'

He left the club with an organised & structured solid defence that was the absolute bedrock of Arsène's early success.

Im really not sure he gets enough credit for that?

I always try to look at the bigger picture & find some balance & context

It is hard to find on a football forum

I say the overall standard of the league is higher & so getting top 4 is a lot harder now as Arsène found out towards the end.

I also think coaching & tactics has evolved a lot in the last few years.
We have moved onto younger coaches & very few of the older guard are now left

Now i see top managers from Arsenes prime era like Carlo & Rafa struggling to keep Everton top 10.

Back in the day Everton used to challenge for top 4/6.

Everyone says Mourinho is now washed up, i cant stand him but there is no denying he was a top level coach back in the day.

Has the game just moved on & the older coaches have not or is the Prem league simply tougher?

Perhaps its a bit of both?
Mourinho was at teams with big money in their leagues, Real, Chelsea, Milan even Porto was given £10m back in the day. Now him and Carlo and Rafa are at teams spending 6th and below like Sp**s, Newcastle Everton. They’re not going to challenge for the league title with those teams. It’s got nothing to do with the league getting harder.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Imagine that post in 2016 😂😂😂 You'd have been hunted and destroyed.
Traxy, why you are not the proud owner of a "Trusted" badge? You are super consistent in your postings and never really rude or anything. I have been rude to you, but cannot recall you being it back. Honest question and with +20,000 posts I cannot see why not. I hope you been offered it, but declined it out of love for @Jury! ;)

PS. Have had a couple of glasses of good claret after work, so I might change my view tomorrow, but for now it stands.

Top Bottom