• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Can you go to bed? Dont need your drivel now.

It's still a good squad, tbh.

We needed Arteta to significantly improve to get the aboslute best out of them to get Top Four, really don't think that will happen now.

But we still need at least Europa this season, we can't just give up completely.

Olivier_Giroud

Still think we have enough player quality, to get Europa League, regardless of Arteta.

Sp**s and West Ham are decent, but nothing to overly fear, they are catchable.
Not really, Arteta is a HUGE HANDICAP not seen in other rubbish coaches. They are basically playing blindfolded with legs tied. Europa League can only be achieved if they totally ignore Arteta but then again Arteta can still decide the team sheet, so Arteta really needs to be booted out and fast.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
After that turgid first half following a poor match against United, you would think the manager could get the players to come out and respond. The team is going backwards he should be let go for my money but unfortunately I am not the one making the call.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I thought we have been reasonably **** for most of this year apart from a few games; the results are just starting to more reflect where we are. The reason its look like we are parking the bus in most games is because we are consistently turning the ball over with no exit strategy deep within our half. We are just going to be treading water with Arteta, he has increased the effort/fight of our players but isn't capable of turning us into a good side.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I can never bring myself to wish an Arsenal loss but the way we are playing, I don't see where the next win will come from. We've been here before and used up all our luck vs Everton. We might as well slide badly now, let this clown ruin Christmas and get a decent interim manager in to salvage what he can from January.
We're all posting criticism in the individual player threads. Surely it's cheaper and more efficient to get rid of Arteta? It's not just thus group of players but the one on loan that we might lose to great regret. He won't win another game this calendar year imo. In fact, we'll be lucky to score more than 2 goals. Odds on -9 GD on New Years Day.
We will again, potentially could have won today if Nketiah had scored although we didn't deserve it. But that's the problem, the way we are playing means we will not win games consistently and rely upon the margins i.e. ref decisions and individual players

To me its just the Arsenal boom/bust cycle in full view again; we string together a few wins and a lot of the fans are like we are moving forwards despite the underlying stats / watching how we play, suggesting its very similar **** to what it was previously.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
70th minute. We're leading 1 mil. Midfield struggling. Martinelli picks up an injury. Arteta has the chance to put on Elneny (who should not be on the bench ahead of AMN) and get that extra body in. The genius doesn't do that. No no, he puts on Eddie fvcking Nketiah. Lol

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Oooh boy, I get up and turn on the tv to see our result and brief highlights. Looks like our defense is all over the place right now and we may be hitting free fall.

I’m not so sure Mikel survives a poor run a second time. The one thing that is keeping him here is the fact that he has been getting the important three points.

Lose that, after all the investment, and it’s over.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Established Member
70th minute. We're leading 1 mil. Midfield struggling. Martinelli picks up an injury. Arteta has the chance to put on Elneny (who should not be on the bench ahead of AMN) and get that extra body in. The genius doesn't do that. No no, he puts on Eddie fvcking Nketiah. Lol
Nketiah was our best player today and did more in 27 mins than Laca and Auba have done in 2 matches. Putting him on was the smart decision.

Haphazard

Still struggle to see any progress we have made in 2 years

We need many things right and some luck to score goals

A bit of pressure on us and our defensive structure falls to bits

2 years on and we do not have a capable midfield that can control games against mid to lower league sides let along the top 6-7

This is avoiding the awful man management, he spent 50m on Ben White who looks horrific when facing a physical cb but sends off Saliba instead of giving him a chance.

One game per week was supposed to be good for us, the new team was supposed to be good for us, giving this manager time was supposed to be good for us but we still dish out these performances every single match day. The factors of personnel, schedule and time are all massively in his favor but we have not seen any improvement.

So what exactly is the reason for keeping him on? Sp**s and Utd were within 1-3 points of Arsenal when they sacked their manager. They were viewing their season as a disaster whereas we had top reds telling us that 3 points of top 4 is actually fantastic. I can't think of a more damning assessment of our fall in ambition.

Keplaz

I have been Arteta in somewhat. I usually believe in backing whoever is in charge but I think I've reached my limit.

The game was poor. Trying to protect a one goal lead was suicidal. And shameful. There was no intensity and no urgency. And with a better manager, the team we have can thrive.

The boss is too negative and the team doesn't know how to press its advantage. I thought give him his players and he might make it work, but his game management has gone backward and the team aren't listening anymore.

I think it's time for a change. It won't happen but it should. I hate to advocate for a sacking but I think I'm now Arteta out. And it makes me sad.

I have to wake up at 3am to watch Arsenal. Sleep for about an hour after and up at 6.30am again to start the day. It's very likely I won't be watching an Arsenal game again for a while.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Can we just get a real high performance manager like Ten Hag already?

Mikel isn’t awful. But he’s a mid table level coach. He doesn’t match our ambition as a big club.

He’s not new anymore and can’t keep using that excuse. We’ve put up with his mid table level for 2 years now.

Mikel is not ready to coach and consistently deliver at the top level yet, unfortunately that’s clear to see. I had been hoping he could just grind things out until he developed his approach enough.

I think the real challenge, which he is also failing at, is the fact he isn’t developing fast enough, and this is the area I feel the club have been banking on. Riding out Arteta’s growing pains for a potential long term payout at the end.

The club needs to be realistic and look at what’s going on around it, make the moves early enough before we are stuck with mediocre options or until Arteta gets it consistently right, which could still be a year or even two away.

I like him as a person, his boldness and drive professionally and really want to see him succeed with us. But we must also face key facts like points on the board.

It should be Potter or Ten Hag next season really, we can’t afford to fall behind anymore. They are gambles too sure, but I think something new could help.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
So many said he'd get the win tonight. He won't. We simply can't defend well enough, score enough and midfield is set to die again
People should've expected tonight tbh. Home crowds are back. His sufferball won't cut it anymore. Southampton I feel he'll get us over the line somehow simply because of the Emirates factor. West Ham can embarrass us though like Villa did last season.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Mikel is not ready to coach and consistently deliver at the top level yet, unfortunately that’s clear to see. I had been hoping he could just grind things out until he developed his approach enough.

I think the real challenge, which he is also failing at, is the fact he isn’t developing fast enough, and this is the area I feel the club have been banking on. Riding out Arteta’s growing pains for a potential long term payout at the end.

The club needs to be realistic and look at what’s going on around it, make the moves early enough before we are stuck with mediocre options or until Arteta gets it consistently right, which could still be a year or even two away.

I like him as a person, his boldness and drive professionally and really want to see him succeed with us. But we must also face key facts like points on the board.

It should be Potter or Ten Hag next season really, we can’t afford to fall behind anymore.

Develop what? Arteta is a manager, not a player, you can't "develop" a manager like he is a player. What you have seen over the past 2 seasons is Artetaball in action and the philosophy he is aiming for. Even with more time and better players we will never turn into some high scoring team under Arteta. So either you like the type of football Arteta is aiming for and you support him no matter how much we lose, or you say we need a new manager.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom