• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
People should've expected tonight tbh. Home crowds are back. His sufferball won't cut it anymore. Southampton I feel he'll get us over the line somehow simply because of the Emirates factor. West Ham can embarrass us though like Villa did last season.
I feel the home fans will turn if the performance is bad and we don't score in the first 15 minutes vs Saints. I just can't see where the nextcpointcwill come from or that we'll have 20 PL goals by Christmas

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Still think we have enough player quality, to get Europa League, regardless of Arteta.

Sp**s and West Ham are decent, but nothing to overly fear, they are catchable.

Sp**s have a much better manager and West Ham are legit. Look at their results and stats. They’ve been one of the most consistent teams in the league for 12 months and we’re on a downward trajectory. I think we’ll be 7th or 8th again.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
I still can’t get over how negative you are when you’re leading 1-0. That is all down to the manager.

I actually think Arsenal have a very good first 11. Partey looks lost under Micky, Auba is better than he’s showing and there’s a decent player in Ben White. But the manager can’t get the best out of his players.

Obviously, we all (rivals) hope you back Arteta and stick with him for another 10 years but I think he will be sacked by May.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Still think we have enough player quality, to get Europa League, regardless of Arteta.

Sp**s and West Ham are decent, but nothing to overly fear, they are catchable.
I have to disagree. The top 3 is set abd then you have West Ham, Utd and Sp**s. After them, Leicester and Villa are looking good. Who knows what Newcastle will do and how they will progress? We can't defend, we can't score and the midfield is where playing careers go to die. There's not a youngster with the personality of Cesc or Guendouzi to drag us along. They've all been neutered.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I still can’t get over how negative you are when you’re leading 1-0. That is all down to the manager.

I actually think Arsenal have a very good first 11. Partey looks lost under Micky, Auba is better than he’s showing and there’s a decent player in Ben White. But the manager can’t get the best out of his players.

Obviously, we all (rivals) hope you back Arteta and stick with him for another 10 years but I think he will be sacked by May.

I don't get it all this stuff about people saying we sat back to protect our lead.
Before our goal we had 0 shot on target, only shot we made was partey's.
So it's not like we sat back to protect a lead and we were over them before we scored.

We were **** from the beginning.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I find this really baffling. Am I in some weird alternate reality? Arteta has no track record whatsoever as a manager. There is ZERO evidence that he's any good. But somehow it just seems to be OK for a lot of people that he is the manager of Arsenal FC. We might be on a away down but we're still a big club. There is no reason for an assistant coach to be our manager. Where does this utterly blind faith come from? Am I missing something? I know there are also critical voices towards him among the fan base but still, way too much acceptance. Everybody should be full on "Arteta out" at this point. Zero progress whatsoever in 3 years. It's insane for this to be OK to any fan. We've basically chained our entire club to a project to just see if Arteta can do a job as manager or is he just an assistant coach. This kind of projects belong to Tier 3 football league, not Arsenal FC.

Yes. Several signs pointed to this calamitous development!

1. Replacing Emery with Arteta when Ancelotti was available.

2. Failing to replace Arteta after the disastrous run last November/December (when Tuchel was available).

3. Shocking indecision from the board to use both early season international breaks (October/November) to replace Arteta (this time when Conte was available).

All these show that we're clearly in the darkest timeline.

We currently do not have the power to alter it, but we can make it tolerable.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
This from Arseblog today is spot on.

Another thing: this game, this poxy defeat, should not be filed away under the explanation that ‘This is a young team’. It might be, but last night this young team had all the old faults that come with this manager. It’s too much of a safety net for Arteta. Young, old, somewhere in the middle, if you can’t build attacking moves, if you can’t make chances, and if you can’t score goals, it doesn’t matter how old you are. And at this level, you’ll drop points and lose games because other teams – regardless of their own struggles – can do that fundamental thing better than you can.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I have to disagree. The top 3 is set abd then you have West Ham, Utd and Sp**s. After them, Leicester and Villa are looking good. Who knows what Newcastle will do and how they will progress? We can't defend, we can't score and the midfield is where playing careers go to die. There's not a youngster with the personality of Cesc or Guendouzi to drag us along. They've all been neutered.
Given how last season panned out it wouldn't surprise me if we go on a prolonged run of **** results now. If we cannot keep things tight at the back we are doomed to lose as we cannot progress the ball up the pitch at all with any consistency. God, these two last games have been soul crushing!

mpower2540

Wouldn’t surprise me if he became the first manager to survive a dressing room revolt tbh. We’d probably be the first club to sack a bunch of disgruntled players before getting rid of the manager.

Honestly can’t believe the lack of whispers about an unhappy dressing room. Adrian Clarke has always said players tend to work you out pretty quick, especially if you’ve got no reputation to fall back on and you can lose them quickly. I’m baffled that all I ever hear is that the players are behind him and say he’s some kind of tactical genius.

Then again anyone with an opposing view to him probably is lined up and whipped while Mikel watches from on high.

Taxi Driver

Why do you think the club have and are backing Arteta, and giving him so much money then?

Sunk cost fallacy. I've never seen a better example.

That and the fact that our new hierarchy doesn't want to admit they've got it wrong...again. Letting Mikel go is as much their failure as it is his. Arteta is their vanity project, a sort of "We'll show them how hip and forward thinking we are. Watch this space!" gamble, which obviously didn't pay off (as could be rationally expected). A gamble they should have never taken, but here they are, with eggs on their faces - and now they've got explaining to do.

At this point they don't have a choice but to stick with Arteta; it's too late for regrets.

Lastly, some nice comments from his peers are just professional courtesy - and all based on how he's performed as an assistant manager, which isn't translatable to being a good or even an okay manager; there are many examples. How often do you see managers badmouthing their peers, let alone their former assistants? It's just poor form.

I want the best for Arsenal. And this is precisely why I want Arteta gone. Think of it this way - if you're friend is in a toxic relationship, would telling him to persist in it be really a thing a best friend should do? It might hurth him if you tell him the truth, but it's the best way forward. The quicker you'll do it, the quicker he'll be on the mend and looking for new opportunities.

vantoure

here we go batman GIF
Start the party when nonewthing turns. That guy kills me

Pyres7

I am serious when I say he is not a mid table manager. He is relegation manager being saved by how good are some players individually and the money and structure arsenal have.

Give him Brighton and he wouldn't be anywhere near of what Potter has done with that team. They would be in Championship or Ligue1.
He'd make Brighton so bad they'd have to migrate to the French league? :lol:

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
I'm normally patient person and supportive i don't like spend all day saying the manager s*,t or he need to sacked because there no point just wasting my anger for nothing. and I'm sure Arteta is here until summer but if things seriously not improve the club need to take decision.
Think this is spot on @yousif_arsenal - I don't like knee-jerking either, but I think you can take a rational assessment of where we are at now and say that there are coaching issues which are holding us back.

Arteta's not a dreadful, car crash of a coach at all. I personally think he'll have a decent career and has got something about him. But he's a level below the best and we'll fall further behind unless he's replaced asap. Need Edu to grow some balls now and pull the trigger early. We've already lost out on the best available options in Conte & Rangnick. If Ten Hag, Potter or maybe Gallardo are available then we should get them in now, not wait for the rot to get worse.

vantoure

The Pepe stuff is just ridiculous. We lack goals, he’s one of our best goal contributors over the past two seasons. These beefs he has with players and small **** syndrome attitude he projects does nothing but harm the team.

I hate him.
Told a friend this about Pepe on Sunday.

Said the same about Özil then, he wasn't at his best anymore, but he was better than not even making sub appearances when we were in desperate situations.

Some people just like the kool-aid too much.

Need some A-M remontanda tbh

Latest posts+

Top Bottom