• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rattata

I'd have taken top 5 at the beginning of the season.

I don't think we have a squad capable to play Champions League football as evidenced by our collapse we've seen this season after any key player gets injured. Wouldn't have expected us to get out the group stages. We need another window at least to improve.

I understand the rage though. We we had top 4 in our hands due to other teams underperforming and yes we did 'bottle' it. That's the annoying part. Long term I'm not too worried atm. I saw progress this season and hopefully we'll go one step further in the next.
Can you explain what progress you saw?

SK___

I don't think we have a squad capable to play Champions League football as evidenced by our collapse we've seen this season after any key player gets injured. Wouldn't have expected us to get out the group stages. We need another window at least to improve.

I understand the rage though. We we had top 4 in our hands due to other teams underperforming and yes we did 'bottle' it. That's the annoying part. Long term I'm not too worried atm. I saw progress this season and hopefully we'll go one step further in the next.
stfu already

arghhhh

220m is not allot in modern football over 2 seasons when the wages are relatively low. Man City are spending about £250m on Halaand alone once you factor in agent fees and wages.

With 220m he's been able to re-build the back 4 and add a starting midfielder and a CAM. How would you rate Partey, White, Ramsdale, Gabriel, Tommi, Ødegaard as signings? I'd consider them 7-8 out of 10 signings. If he can do the same with the attack I'd consider us well set.

Cedric 3/10 Southampton backup, only good at celebration
Mari 3/10 Man City reject, too slow for this league
Tavares 4/10 Our coaching seems to be making him even rawer
Lokonga 4/10 Expensive, pretty awful lately
Partey 5/10 Expensive, very injury prone
White 5/10 Expensive, performance wise so far does not live up to hus price tag
Ramsdale 6/10 Expensive, loud mouth, erratic
Gabriel 7/10 Began to regress lately
Tomiyasu 6/10 Very injury prone
Ødegaard 6/10 Clearly talented but quite inconsistent so far

Olivier_Giroud

can’t watch anymore games with the chimpanzee at the wheel… seriously, my preference is to not become irate nowadays, although I’ve been kinda numb to it all lately
I wont be surprised if this very low IQ fraud will be the first to contract Monkey Pox and spread it all over the Premier League and all of England. In fact, I will be more surprised if he did not, considering our Generational Charlatan single handedly shut down the Premier League and caused the death of thousands. That's Mikhail Arteta for you, the harbinger of gloom, death and destruction.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arteta, his signings, his squad management etc have all been exposed. The numbers are as bad as previous years despite the extra spend on the team.

He fails the eye test too, we are dreadful to watch, we don’t create anything, we always concede.

I see no improvement anywhere.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arteta, his signings, his squad management etc have all been exposed. The numbers are as bad as previous years despite the extra spend on the team.

He fails the eye test too, we are dreadful to watch, we don’t create anything, we always concede.

The Saliba award and total capitulation to Newcastle within about 24 hours of each other was like the universe ***** slapping the club for allowing this stupidity to go on in the face of the overwhelming evidence that he's not the guy to lead this club forward.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Cedric 3/10 Southampton backup, only good at celebration
Mari 3/10 Man City reject, too slow for this league
Tavares 4/10 Our coaching seems to be making him even rawer
Lokonga 4/10 Expensive, pretty awful lately
Partey 5/10 Expensive, very injury prone
White 5/10 Expensive, performance wise so far does not live up to hus price tag
Ramsdale 6/10 Expensive, loud mouth, erratic
Gabriel 7/10 Began to regress lately
Tomiyasu 6/10 Very injury prone
Ødegaard 6/10 Clearly talented but quite inconsistent so far
Perfect assessment. Our players are very overhyped.

I know he's not a signing but do you dare give your Saka rating on here?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

So true, but I'm still not sure we won't get top 4, he's been incredibly lucky at times this year. Don't forget United hit the woodwork twice, Ronaldo missed a rare penalty and his goal was about a millimetre off side.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
So true, but I'm still not sure we won't get top 4, he's been incredibly lucky at times this year. Don't forget United hit the woodwork twice, Ronaldo missed a rare penalty and his goal was about a millimetre off side.

There’s luck and then there’s the probability of Norwich winning a premier league football match, the two things are totally different.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

There’s luck and then there’s the probability of Norwich winning a premier league football match, the two things are totally different.
Kane to twist his ankle at 10 mins, Delia has a funny turn and the game is stopped. On restart Norwich are more determined and get a ricochet goal at 91 minutes. Athletic article headline changes from 'Arsenal need more time to develop youngsters' to 'Arsenal's young manager driving them forward' as Arteta goes from chump to God.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

I hear what you’re saying and I think you give an interesting perspective. However, remember when Liverpool bottled the league back in 2012? I don’t think anyone penned them to win the league back in August but it hurt like hell for them. Or how about after the Welbeck header against Leicester and we bottled it to end up 2nd? Yes, at the beginning of the season, no expected us to be in a title race but when he slipped up at the final hurdle it hurt all the same. This is what this season feels like. We didn’t expect anything at the start but as the season went on we believed we could do something greater…we didn’t and that hurts.

As for “progress” I am not so sure. We are yet to break the 70 point barrier. We are unlikely to score 70 goals. We conceded more goals than last season. We have had good periods in some games rather than a lot of good games imo. Arteta is still falling out with players. Recruitment is still an issue despite it being better in recent years. We don’t win games when we go a goal down. And now injury problems are starting to crop up.
Perfect assessment. Our players are very overhyped.

I know he's not a signing but do you dare give your Saka rating on here?
I disagree. Our starting XI players are top 4 quality for the most part. I would still take our attackers over Chelsea’s barring Havertz. The problem is our depth players are scraping relegation standard. Elneny, Tavares, Lacazette, Holding, Lokonga and Cedric would struggle to be starters for Norwich. I know we’re dissatisfied with our campaign but the blame firmly lies on Arteta and Edu for failing to build a squad for 4th.

Top Bottom