• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think the way the poll is worded along with the response is interesting. Feel like it's carefully selected to best tap into people's anger, not that the result is worthless. I would, however, be interested to see the result of 'Does 5th place constitute a failure to you?' and if it's much different.

Imho we could do with curbing our anger and hate a little bit, if Arsenal causes us this much pain I question its value in our lives. I'm still looking forward to next season even though it's a difficult road ahead for this club, with or without top four.
Why curb our anger when really the only thing that probably will get us a real top manager anytime soon is a total fan revolt. I ain't buying a shirt till he is gone, I don't live in uk so match boycott is not in my cards. How he botched it is what makes the 5th place so bad. He had money, he had time, he had no other competitions, he threw away quality players and failed in the principal job of a manager to make sure he can field enough quality able bodies for a single freaking competition. And he tanked it to Sp**s, he should be gone he shouldn't be allowed to sell or loan anyone and Edu should be next if he botches things again like he did in January or fire him to he is certainly responsible to.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
tenor.gif

Do what?
What you do every time you see Arteta

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It is one thing to fail, it is another thing to blow it due to rank amateurish managerial. A team that spent 285 million pounds and threw away numerous talents because he fell out with them, then watch the team was unable to field premier league quality players to finish a line competition.
His man-management is a big problem. And his constant talk on this need of cultural change does not lead to results. Let's not forget it's this culture that once brought in fruitful decade (almost two decades) under Wenger. Mikel already has his way in 'shaping/pruning' this squad to his taste of the 'new' culture. With 150M spending and ousting big earners like Auba and Özil, He and Edu should deliver CL at the end of this season at least. Wenger at his prime years delivered more with much less resources with disciplined over-30s contract and wage structure, the help of scouting network and the academy built with the money earned from the sale of Anelka. In contrast, Mikel and Edu's records so far are still a lot to be desired.

Mikel big and experimental spending so far plus his usual fall-out with key players only contribute to a new looking young squad without stability. There are two windows of three consecutive loses in this league campaign. Imagine this happen in Wenger's reign. And there are managers being sacked for losing fewer games.

The story about Mikel helping Sterling's transformation is probably exaggerated. Call me bias, I see very little of his contribution to this group of Arsenal players' growth. The rising of Saka and Emile is more of their own hard work and talents and the education input from Freddie and Mers.

Mikel was appointed as head coach on 20 Dec 2019. Mikel asked the fans to judge him in three years. Three years from his appointment happens to be the end of WC2022. He probaly would say give him two more months for fairness. Anyway, for me, no CL next season, no Mikel (and Edu). That's the bar. However, their contribution to Arsenal back to Europa League next season will still be appreciated. But the team needs a better manager and a better technical director.

Farzad Stoned

Love the Kobe gif, miss him so much he lived in town I grew up saw him and said hello to him a couple of times. As lifelong Laker fan as well as a Gooner it is 1. Goat Magic 2. Kobe. If this was NBA and either of those guy who combined for 10 NBA titles and 15 finals appearances had a coach that pulled the amateur hour junk that Arteta pulled and lost them a season basically would be fired next week like Magic fired Paul Westhead. Too bad we don’t have any players of that stature or owner like the late great DR. Buss. Football is a different game but a team of big champions and personalities would be rid of Arteta already, instill the Mamba mentality

Farzad Stoned

His man-management is a big problem. And his constant talk on this need of cultural change does not lead to results. Let's not forget it's this culture that once brought in fruitful decade (almost two decades) under Wenger. Mikel already has his way in 'shaping/pruning' this squad to his taste of the 'new' culture. With 150M spending and ousting big earners like Auba and Özil, He and Edu should deliver CL at the end of this season at least. Wenger at his prime years delivered more with much less resources with disciplined over-30s contract and wage structure, the help of scouting network and the academy built with the money earned from the sale of Anelka. In contrast, Mikel and Edu's records so far are still a lot to be desired.

Mikel big and experimental spending so far plus his usual fall-out with key players only contribute to a new looking young squad without stability. There are two windows of three consecutive loses in this league campaign. Imagine this happen in Wenger's reign. And there are managers being sacked for losing fewer games.

The story about Mikel helping Sterling's transformation is probably exaggerated. Call me bias, I see very little of his contribution to this group of Arsenal players' growth. The rising of Saka and Emile is more of their own hard work and talents and the education input from Freddie and Mers.

Mikel was appointed as head coach on 20 Dec 2019. Mikel asked the fans to judge him in three years. Three years from his appointment happens to be the end of WC2022. He probaly would say give him two more months for fairness. Anyway, for me, no CL next season, no Mikel (and Edu). That's the bar. However, their contribution to Arsenal back to Europa League next season will still be appreciated. But the team needs a better manager and a better technical director.
Everything you say is spot on. I think the manner of the loss is revealing. No experienced manager and technical director would have failed to strengthen in January when they were in a four horse race for fourth and they had thin squad to begin with because of Mike’s poor man management. But this is worse than man management where he is poor this is basic organization of a team and mustering a viable squad, we have had worse seasons of injuries and few matches. Without Partey we have a championship midfield, midfield was our strength. He has destroyed our brand of watchable, attack, and possession football in 2 and half years.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Everything you say is spot on. I think the manner of the loss is revealing. No experienced manager and technical director would have failed to strengthen in January when they were in a four horse race for fourth and they had thin squad to begin with because of Mike’s poor man management. But this is worse than man management where he is poor this is basic organization of a team and mustering a viable squad, we have had worse seasons of injuries and few matches. Without Partey we have a championship midfield, midfield was our strength. He has destroyed our brand of watchable, attack, and possession football in 2 and half years.

I think looking at where we finished off the top four, the January gamble was worth taking IMO.

January is not really a month to add proper quality. Vlahovic would have been a rare gem but always seemed too far, and don’t think other striker targets were really available. In midfield possibly Wijnildum on loan is a player we missed. The Arthur Melo 18 month loan deal just sounded like crap to me.

The falling out and failure to bring Auba back to decent to good levels is probably the bigger miss here, and questions on Mikel’s man management rightfully continue. But in the grander scheme of things we have opened the door for new players and a restructured, available wage bill, with some European football to play.

We’re bummed we’re not back in the CL of course, and have to now listen to all the media “analysis” about Arsenal falling apart again, and of course how useless Arteta is. But we’ve got a decent base to build onto now, it’s just about what quality 5th brings in the market.

Fabregasm

I think looking at where we finished off the top four, the January gamble was worth taking IMO.

January is not really a month to add proper quality. Vlahovic would have been a rare gem but always seemed too far, and don’t think other striker targets were really available. In midfield possibly Wijnildum on loan is a player we missed. The Arthur Melo 18 month loan deal just sounded like crap to me.

The falling out and failure to bring Auba back to decent to good levels is probably the bigger miss here, and questions on Mikel’s man management rightfully continue. But in the grander scheme of things we have opened the door for new players and a restructured, available wage bill, with some European football to play.

We’re bummed we’re not back in the CL of course, and have to now listen to all the media “analysis” about Arsenal falling apart again, and of course how useless Arteta is. But we’ve got a decent base to build onto now, it’s just about what quality 5th brings in the market.
We did though spent all transfer window naively chasing after Vlahovic whom has no intention of joining us and got screwed around by their agent who was obviously using us to speed & bump up Juventus offer for him.

As much as I am critical of Auba performance this season, when we had failed to sign Vlahovic we should have absolutely kept Auba until summer. He was not some toxic player but very well liked by the whole squad. Downgrading the squad depth is too risky and indeed we paid for it due to injuries.

I'm suspecting we are going to struggle to find ready quality player into the squad but it is looking more of another batch of youngsters/prospect players project signing. We can sign the best prospects but key question can we trust Arteta to nurture and bring the best out of them? What if the signings ends up like Sambi or Nuno...

SA Gunner

We did though spent all transfer window naively chasing after Vlahovic whom has no intention of joining us and got screwed around by their agent who was obviously using us to speed & bump up Juventus offer for him.

As much as I am critical of Auba performance this season, when we had failed to sign Vlahovic we should have absolutely kept Auba until summer. He was not some toxic player but very well liked by the whole squad. Downgrading the squad depth is too risky and indeed we paid for it due to injuries.

I'm suspecting we are going to struggle to find ready quality player into the squad but it is looking more of another batch of youngsters/prospect players project signing. We can sign the best prospects but key question can we trust Arteta to nurture and bring the best out of them? What if the signings ends up like Sambi or Nuno...

Agreed mostly with your first two paragraphs. We could have kept Auba and pushed for top four. But we would still have had a player on high wages on the wrong side of 30 thereafter. I suspect getting that profile off the books was probably the bigger mission.

As for luring new players, I think we’ll be able to do it with good to great experienced players. The only concern of course is that we don’t put ourselves back into super high wages with spotty performances.

Farzad Stoned

I have to say I disagree about buying in January. Why were Sp**s able to add a top notch quality right side attacker. He turned their team around along with Conte I just can’t spell his name or care to look up a Sp**s player right now. Not just that Saliba and Guendouzi with a year of two experience in the league would have helped as well. I agree with all your points except not stretching an already thin squad was criminal management.

I am glad you can see silver lining but I can’t. He is not a top manager no shame in that there are maybe 10 of those guys 15 maybe in the world and he isn’t one now and I highly doubt he ever will be. I bent over backwards to give him a chance and withheld judgement till recently but he flat out is not a competent manager at least at this stage in his career.

SA Gunner

I have to say I disagree about buying in January. Why were Sp**s able to add a top notch quality right side attacker. He turned their team around along with Conte I just can’t spell his name or care to look up a Sp**s player right now. Not just that Saliba and Guendouzi with a year of two experience in the league would have helped as well. I agree with all your points except not stretching an already thin squad was criminal management.

I am glad you can see silver lining but I can’t. He is not a top manager no shame in that there are maybe 10 of those guys 15 maybe in the world and he isn’t one now and I highly doubt he ever will be. I bent over backwards to give him a chance and withheld judgement till recently but he flat out is not a competent manager at least at this stage in his career.

Arteta is definitely in the early stages of his career. I’d say he is at Arsenal 10 years too early. What he’s learning now he should have been fine tuning at a decent lower division club.

Back to January, yes the signing of Kulusevski for example would have been excellent. Fits the younger profile and quite the baller. So perhaps you right, we could have done more to sure up our chances for top four, and could have been in a top position going into the summer and next season.

I’m not completely happy we’re out of the CL, but I’m not completely bummed either. Think we onto something, provided we get in good players which I think we’ll do.

Farzad Stoned

Arteta is definitely in the early stages of his career. I’d say he is at Arsenal 10 years too early. What he’s learning now he should have been fine tuning at a decent lower division club.

Back to January, yes the signing of Kulusevski for example would have been excellent. Fits the younger profile and quite the baller. So perhaps you right, we could have done more to sure up our chances for top four, and could have been in a top position going into the summer and next season.

I’m not completely happy we’re out of the CL, but I’m not completely bummed either. Think we onto something, provided we get in good players which I think we’ll do.

I just can’t see us getting to where we want to be with Arteta. His on the job training cost the club humiliation cost the club 60 million pounds. Like you said he needed 5-10 years seasoning before this job. Forget about Tuchel, Conte, or Klopp he isn’t even Potter, Moyes, or Rodgers. I don’t think he will ever be great and right now he isn’t even good, at the least Arsenal deserves a decent second tier manager, not a guy who makes 60 million pound pub league mistakes two and half years in.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I voted no but to be honest I'm not that fussed with the league position. At the start of the season I voted 'improvement in performance regardless of league position' and I have never waivered from that.

I would have been happy to finish 6th/7th this season if we had played some great football at times but ultimately were a bit inconsistent and naive.

But even if we somehow got a miracle and finished 4th tomorrow I would still view this season as a failure because the football we play is absolute garbage for the most part. We have played well in maybe half a dozen games all season and have looked terrible in most of the rest even when we have won, robotic in attack, can't control games, slow and ponderous.

I am a believer that if you get the football right then the results will come once you get better players. I know everyone is probably sick of hearing about Klopp but he got Liverpool playing his way quickly and you could see that once he upgraded the players they would incrementally get better and better. Brighton are another example, play great football, organised, can pass, press, create chances but they are just held back by their squad quality. I think if you put 3-4 top class players in that team they could easily challenge for Europe. Sp**s are another one, Conte has imprinted his way of playing already and they will get better as he gets in players more suited to his system.

I don't see any system or way of playing with Mikel which is woeful after nearly 3 years. I can't say like with Brighton 'if only they had a striker to put all these chances away' or with Sp**s 'they will be really dangerous with better quality wingbacks' I'm sure we will look better with better players but I don't see where the large improvement is coming from. We could get better strikers than Lacazette and Nketiah but I would bet that we still look robotic in attack. We could get midfielders than Xhaka and Elneny but I bet we still don't create many big chances, that is down to Mikel and his coaching team and it isn't good enough.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I don't see any system or way of playing with Mikel which is woeful after nearly 3 years
That just isn't correct, is it? We are just inconsistent and play poorly at times. With the thin squad and injuries we have now simply run out of steam.

We really should have strengthened in January but instead we offloaded Auba to save on wages. Is probably right call but didn't help strengthen squad.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

same issues that's plagued us last season has refused to go away which is our biggest issue; Chance creation.
Was randomly on Twitter and saw this
Look at the football we were capable of playing with Walcott and a finished Wilshere. Opposition is a bit crap but still, I don’t know how many more signings the guy needs before people realise you can play good attacking football without a first eleven who are all technically excellent.

Top Bottom