• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Yeah I understand the reason people give for their continued patience, that they've bought into the "process/project". In general I'm not against it, I'm not against a complete reset. It's makes total sense.

What I'm pointing out is that no "process/project" by a comparable rival has ever taken this long or been afforded this much leeway. Liverpool, Sp**s, United and Chelsea have all undergone similar resets in the past and they've all attained success much quicker than us and none of them have had to put up with prolonged underachievement for the sake of it for as long as we currently are.

Do you think our situation in 2019 when Emery got sacked was worse than Liverpool under Hodgson in 2011? No chance imo. We were a million miles better. Yet they continually sacked managers during their "reset/process/project" until the found on one that managed to attain top 4/CL quickly and consistently. They didn't turn around and tell Dalglish, their biggest club legend, you can have a free hit at 3-4 years to get us 4th. Lol, no chance. Out the door after 1 full season and that's despite winning a trophy.

Same with Rodgers who got them to within a whisker of the title. A poor proceeding season and he was out the door within 8 games of the next one. No messing about, no "lets give him the rest of the season he almost won us the PL" etc.. Can you imagine if Arteta got us to within 2 points of the PL title? He's gotten us to within 2 points of 4th and we've given him a new 3 year deal and some of his supporters are ready to lynch anyone that suggest he should be sacked. If he got us that close to the title we'd probably give him a life time contract and my house would get petrol bombed if I even so much as failed to capitalise his name.

Sp**s aren't even historically a top 4 team and yet they show far higher standards than us in their pursuit of it. Never mind Poch who they're indebted to, Mourinho had an slightly superior PL record to Arteta during his time at the club yet he was deemed not good enough. Why should it be good enough for us? United are a bigger shambles than us, have undergone about 100 resets but once again they don't allow managers to go 1 full season without CL football. Everyone is saying ten Hag will be given time, that it's a complete culture change etc.. etc...etc.. all that usual BS, but I'm supremely confident that if he finished 8th next season there's an extremely high chance he'd be sacked. If he finished 8th then followed it up with 5th/no CL football then 1000% he'd be sacked.

Top clubs simply do not afford this level of unstrained failure to achieve top 4. The level of clubs that would afford a manager 3-4 years just to attain top 4/CL are the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Everton. And even then all they sacked managers that bought them relative success (or outright success in the case of Leicester) as soon as they had them floating around the bottom of the table. We persisted with Arteta when he did that.

It's not really aimed at you mate since you've said that you think the opposing POV is ok. It's more aimed at the fans that think everyone critical of Arteta is unreasonably impatient, toxic, a clown etc..
Fantastic post @Camus
It makes it very clear to see how bad we've been on the big picture with the "Trust The Process/Culture Reset" fluff.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
so we’re all Arteta in now. There’s no choice.
clockwork-orange.gif

Will be interesting to see if Arteta will calm down in the next few seasons and loosen up a little bit. Its a natural progression in every job and for most human beings so it will be interesting to see the process!

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Will be interesting to see if Arteta will calm down in the next few seasons and loosen up a little bit. Its a natural progression in every job and for most human beings so it will be interesting to see the process!
He almost has to if he's going to continue a career in managing. He was given blessings to cut wages and reshape the roster by throwing away money. It's hard to imagine that being allowed to continue after this season. Eventually, if he's here long term, one of these young players (probably Saka) will develop into a top class player who comes with a bit of an ego and needs that special treatment from time to time.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

The Borg is a very apt analogy: A mindless slogan spouting hive working towards the destruction of all that is good..
A nice working series title for the Outers collection of biographical essays.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Well he's bad at his job and bungled the easiest opportunity he's going to have to achieve his alleged objectives so if you think that watching him double and triple down on his worst traits qualifies as interesting then you'll be very satisfied.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

You can have it gratis. Just send me a link when you've published it on your tumblr.
:lol: I'm on the cusp of being too old for tumblr so I will take that as a compliment. Have a great evening.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

The Borg is a very apt analogy: A mindless slogan spouting hive working towards the destruction of all that is good..

I was hoping ten Hag would be the poor bald bastard that has to shoulder the burden of being our Picard.

Sadly, he'll probably end up being United's Karl Pilkington :lol:

Top Bottom