• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If anything leads to his downfall at United it will be the divided dressing room. Impossible to think he'll resolve it in a summer or two.

And players are quite adept at getting managers sacked.
A manager has only got two choices:
a) be inspiring and have sufficient character to gel the dressing room no matter the egos or wayward players present
b) route out and sell any difficult characters and buy compliant players.

You see where I’m going with this. a) is always the best route because fiesty players like Guendouzi or Roy Keane can win you stuff. But inspirational managers that can manage players, beyond simple coaching, are not that common.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

With MA's authoritarian attitude linked to his embarrassing lack of man-management skills, I think the players are afraid to say anything about him. They need to grow some.

Absolutely! Respect is earned by dint of your acts, not doled out as a charitable thing.

Moreover, it's s two-way street. You need to provide it in order to receive some in turn.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A manager has only got two choices:
a) be inspiring and have sufficient character to gel the dressing room no matter the egos or wayward players present
b) route out and sell any difficult characters and buy compliant players.

You see where I’m going with this. a) is always the best route because fiesty players like Guendouzi or Roy Keane can win you stuff. But inspirational managers that can manage players, beyond simple coaching, are not that common.

Well said!

It needs all parts of the Club to be aligned in their ambitions & be fit for purpose.

Arsène was a great man-manager. I doubt any other would've handled a young hot-headed Vieira or the infamous Tuesday Club as well as he did.

But because he respected them & treated them like men, they rewarded him with memorable displays & a trophy laden career.

The faux little Napoleon could only dream of having a sliver of Wenger's charisma.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I understand the reason people give for their continued patience, that they've bought into the "process/project". In general I'm not against it, I'm not against a complete reset. It's makes total sense.

What I'm pointing out is that no "process/project" by a comparable rival has ever taken this long or been afforded this much leeway. Liverpool, Sp**s, United and Chelsea have all undergone similar resets in the past and they've all attained success much quicker than us and none of them have had to put up with prolonged underachievement for the sake of it for as long as we currently are.

Do you think our situation in 2019 when Emery got sacked was worse than Liverpool under Hodgson in 2011? No chance imo. We were a million miles better. Yet they continually sacked managers during their "reset/process/project" until the found on one that managed to attain top 4/CL quickly and consistently. They didn't turn around and tell Dalglish, their biggest club legend, you can have a free hit at 3-4 years to get us 4th. Lol, no chance. Out the door after 1 full season and that's despite winning a trophy.

Same with Rodgers who got them to within a whisker of the title. A poor proceeding season and he was out the door within 8 games of the next one. No messing about, no "lets give him the rest of the season he almost won us the PL" etc.. Can you imagine if Arteta got us to within 2 points of the PL title? He's gotten us to within 2 points of 4th and we've given him a new 3 year deal and some of his supporters are ready to lynch anyone that suggest he should be sacked. If he got us that close to the title we'd probably give him a life time contract and my house would get petrol bombed if I even so much as failed to capitalise his name.

Sp**s aren't even historically a top 4 team and yet they show far higher standards than us in their pursuit of it. Never mind Poch who they're indebted to, Mourinho had an slightly superior PL record to Arteta during his time at the club yet he was deemed not good enough. Why should it be good enough for us? United are a bigger shambles than us, have undergone about 100 resets but once again they don't allow managers to go 1 full season without CL football. Everyone is saying ten Hag will be given time, that it's a complete culture change etc.. etc...etc.. all that usual BS, but I'm supremely confident that if he finished 8th next season there's an extremely high chance he'd be sacked. If he finished 8th then followed it up with 5th/no CL football then 1000% he'd be sacked.

Top clubs simply do not afford this level of unstrained failure to achieve top 4. The level of clubs that would afford a manager 3-4 years just to attain top 4/CL are the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Everton. And even then all they sacked managers that bought them relative success (or outright success in the case of Leicester) as soon as they had them floating around the bottom of the table. We persisted with Arteta when he did that.

It's not really aimed at you mate since you've said that you think the opposing POV is ok. It's more aimed at the fans that think everyone critical of Arteta is unreasonably impatient, toxic, a clown etc..
Pin this!

I think it boils down to Arteta being really good at talking the talk and our board thinking they’re missing out on something special.

They think they’re doing something really special/noble by being patient but really it’s just negligence.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

These f*cking wastemen couldn't even get that right ffs.

Guy beheaded Auba in public not even a peep! pathetic bunch.
Gabriel meekly mentioning a few weeks later that “we all liked Auba”. They’re all pathetic 😂

It’s definitely by design though, the squad have all been giving their big break/a second chance by Mikel. The only one who doesn’t really owe anything to him is Partey and I’m not sure he cares too much about what’s going on. :lol:

I look at our targets and it’s more of the same, guys who will just be happy to be here or be a consistent starter.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Pin this!

I think it boils down to Arteta being really good at talking the talk and our board thinking they’re missing out on something special.

They think they’re doing something really special/noble by being patient but really it’s just negligence.
Hiring Arteta has been a text book example of gamblers fallacy. If red on the roulette wheel has come up 3 times, you think the odds of black next are more than 50:50. Read black for CL places and red for Europa/Conference.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Timing of his contract renewal was VERY SUSPECT. This is a man that kept on saying to players in last year contract can done over SUMMER. Yet this fool thought the announcement of his contract before biggest North London Derby would galvanize the supporters and players.

He is so egotistical to think so highly of himself.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel meekly mentioning a few weeks later that “we all liked Auba”. They’re all pathetic 😂
To be fair to them many of them probably don't see the point of risking their careers. Football is a job more time these days your coworkers are looking out just for themselves, you see the manager being a vindictive prick you'd be dumb to go against him.

Aubameyang is tearing it up for Barcelona now but he was really close to ending up in Saudi Arabia or Qatar because of his problems with Arteta. Guendouzi has been lucky to end up at Marseille and in France's NT but initially we dumped him at Hertha BSC one of maybe three clubs in Europe run worse than Arsenal.

Corbulo

In the Sky Sports interview Josh Kroenke couldn't name a tall striker that was a good header of the ball. It may be irrelevant but it just shows how much these guys know about football. Unless things go completely off the rails Arteta will talk the board into believing that Xhaka is the second coming of Zidane.

From 16:20 to 17:15

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

These f*cking wastemen couldn't even get that right ffs.

Guy beheaded Auba in public not even a peep! pathetic bunch.

Gabriel did stand up for him though . Said it was an issue with the coaching staff .
"Aubameyang is in my heart, we all wanted him at Arsenal," the Brazilian defender told Oh My Goal. "It's something that happened between him and the coaching staff, the other players weren't in it.

Edit: I think everyone know about this article anyways 🤣apologies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

In the Sky Sports interview Josh Kroenke couldn't name a tall striker that was a good header of the ball. It may be irrelevant but it just shows how much these guys know about football. Unless things go completely off the rails Arteta will talk the board into believing that Xhaka is the second coming of Zidane.

From 16:20 to 17:15

It's also why it's so hard to have any faith in the process beyond Arteta too. Unless we get lucky and get our own Klopp we're not going anywhere under these lot.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

To be fair to them many of them probably don't see the point of risking their careers. Football is a job more time these days your coworkers are looking out just for themselves, you see the manager being a vindictive prick you'd be dumb to go against him.

Aubameyang is tearing it up for Barcelona now but he was really close to ending up in Saudi Arabia or Qatar because of his problems with Arteta. Guendouzi has been lucky to end up at Marseille and in France's NT but initially we dumped him at Hertha BSC one of maybe three clubs in Europe run worse than Arsenal.
Yeah it’s pretty sad stuff but at the same time I completely get it. They’ve seen everyone he doesn’t like get tossed to the wolves.

It kind of says a lot about our club really how desperate a lot of these guys are to be here, now I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but you wonder how many others in our squads back themselves to land on their feet like Auba and Douzi. Not many I think so they just keep their heads down.

I have no doubt that it’s your classic work place environment with a tyrant manager. The guys he’s nice to pander to him but know he’s a d*ck while the others completely despise him.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I wanted Ancelotti too, but ageism went against him. A lot of people wanted the new young, stylish manager with a full head of hair and McQueens trainers as they assumed the football would match.

Ancelotti might have ditched us mid project to join a giant though so it's kinda moot.
McQueen's trainers :lol: not saying there are no good clothes from McQ but the shoes are the most basic ****s around, coming like inflated Adidas Superstars.

It's completely irrelevant of course to a coach but it shows there's no one at the club able to go upside his head for that ****, embarrassing. When Glasner arrived at Frankfurt last season I kept thinking he's the most bland bloke ever, no beard whatsoever facial features like a female and coming from the most boring club in Germany. Fast forward a couple months in Frankfurt and the guy's literally wearing Moncler jackets rocking Vapormax for Bundesliga games, starting fights with refs left and right.

We need another culture reset after we get the parasite out of the club tbh.

Top Bottom