• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Hiring Arteta has been a text book example of gamblers fallacy. If red on the roulette wheel has come up 3 times, you think the odds of black next are more than 50:50. Read black for CL places and red for Europa/Conference.

If ever there were two words that have no business following each other in any language, these two are it :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why do our fans always over exaggerate these things? From Auba being late to Guendouzi have a little bust up, the way both players are being portrayed on here it’s as if they should spent time behind bars for their actions.

Thankfully the only big decision that wouldn’t send the pea brain folk into overdrive is which Transformers PJs they’ll be wearing tonight.
The players at Arsenal are as much part of club as the manager. Not really sure why criticising a manager is seen to be ‘not supporting’ but criticising players is fair game.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
That’s way too simplistic.
You need A for sure but also the good sense to know when to change approach and get rid of a player.
Alex Ferguson inspired players but also got rid of them if they ever got too big for their boots.
George Graham the same .

Players like Guendouzi would not have lasted 5 minutes under Ferguson or Graham.

Roy Keane was way worse than Guendouzi when it cames to behaviour, and he did just fine under Ferguson.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Ferguson was an authoritarian with some of his players. He gave a lot of leeway to certain types though, you hear the likes of Neville and Giggs talk all the time about how they couldn't get away with the things others did. He was really clever with how he handled different personalities, something we haven't yet seen anything close from Arteta.

It's not doing Arteta any favours trying to constantly compare him with Ferguson or whoever though. Levels to this.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The players at Arsenal are as much part of club as the manager. Not really sure why criticising a manager is seen to be ‘not supporting’ but criticising players is fair game.

Fans have always had these double standards but it’s even more frequent in this modern game. They have no issue criticising players but then decide to label them “snakes” when they jump ship and do what’s best for their career.

All this “not supporting” the manager stuff is complete nonsense, I’m pretty sure the majority of us were behind him in his first season even though we weren’t keen on the appointment right from the start. It’s ridiculous how he’s built up all this leeway from a section of the fanbase because of an FA Cup trophy but didn’t LVG do the same at Man Utd but get sacked straight after winning it? The AW and Ferguson days are gone, all these clubs above us are chopping and changing managers until the find the right fit which is what a top club should do.

Tell.

Ferguson had the same authoritarian approach. Ask Beckham, Roy Keane, Jaap Stam for example.

In life, if you are a winner or have a sustained success, your sins are forgiven. Not so much if you havent had the success or that amount of success. Whether that's fair or not is a separate discussion, but we shouldn't make as though Arteta is this unicorn of all things bad in management.
Even Fergie wasn't as strict as Mikel seems to be. Certain players like CR, Cantona, Giggs & Rooney for example where allowed to do what they want. Mikel isn't going to get far with a team full of obedient boy scouts.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
Allow me to explain in a way comprehensible to a jejune naive soul like yourself: that was the point, dumbass. To enjoy the forum without the misery of watching our games.
You mean just sit around and complain about something you supposedly love while not having the faintest idea what it's actually doing? Sounds like a textbook dysfunctional relationship. What a waste of time.

No hope here rn, just despair and sarcasm.

Please @Macho try and tell me this is equal and opposite to when we were winning, it's just not.

D

Deleted member 102404

Saliba_4.jpg

Let’s erase the above and act like it didn’t happen.

:rolleyes:
He’s a good young player.
Still a lot to prove and I hope he can in the PL.
The way some people dribble on though you’d think he was the finished article and one of the best CBs in the world.
I am pleased he has done well in France and hope he can come back and win a starting spot, because if he does it means we’ll have improved.
I will wait and see, however.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

If you had the courage to speak to females, I'd imagine it would go something like this:

2j0h30.jpg

"I berated a guy online for getting Arsène Wenger fired even though he lives 4,000 miles away from London. He also rolled his eyes at me whenever I mentioned Arsenal spent the most in the league. Haha. Fancy a snog?"
This is sensational:clap:

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

He’s a good young player.
Still a lot to prove and I hope he can in the PL.
The way some people dribble on though you’d think he was the finished article and one of the best CBs in the world.
I am pleased he has done well in France and hope he can come back and win a starting spot, because if he does it means we’ll have improved.
I will wait and see, however.

You can’t really blame them for being excited though as he’s making a lot of noise over there in France plus he was nominated for the Golden Boy award in being one of the best talents around Europe and he’s a starter for his national team who are the current world champions but somehow he’s not good enough for Arsenal?!!!

The sexuals only have doubts because they love riding whatever Arteta does smh 🤦🏽‍♂️

D

Deleted member 102404

You can’t really blame them for being excited though as he’s making a lot of noise over there in France plus he was nominated for the Golden Boy award in being one of the best talents around Europe and he’s a starter for his national team who are the current world champions but somehow he’s not good enough for Arsenal. The sexuals only have doubts because they love riding whatever Arteta does smh 🤦🏽‍♂️
He’s not a starter for France.
He’sa good young player at the start of his career.
Arteta Bad idiots have turned him into Beckenbauer.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You know what, I agree with others. It isn’t even all the sexuals I have issues with since some I find funny.

He’s not a starter for France.
He’sa good young player at the start of his career.
Arteta Bad idiots have turned him into Beckenbauer.

Please think carefully before you type or quote me.

Merci cancre.

D

Deleted member 102404

You know what, I agree with others. It isn’t even all the sexuals I have issues with since some I find funny.

Please think carefully before you type or quote me.

Merci cancre.
I know who you are.
You think you’re special?

Saliba is a great prospect, not more.
Pepe hasn’t been good enough.

As for the Artetasexual stuff, it’s pathetic and just serves to divide the fan base further. Fans have every right to be positive about the direction of our club.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Every need to name names, this is just like the "people want us to lose" brigade.

You ask for receipts and people get scared of owning their beefs.

Nah, there is no need to name names my guy.

Whoever takes that messages as a shot at them, then that's their cross to bear. I'm saying look around and see for yourself.

Either way, why should it matter anyway? Its just me making comments about what I see on a football forum.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Nah, there is no need to name names my guy.

If you take the message as aimed at you, then that's your story. I'm saying look around and see for yourself.

I don't think the message is aimed at me, no, but a lot of people use generalizations like that to play down valid criticism and are too scared to back it up when they're called out and hide afterwards and frankly is not a good look.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I don't think the message is aimed at me, no, but a lot of people use generalizations like that to play down valid criticism and are too scared to back it up when they're called out and hide afterwards and frankly is not a good look.

Does it look like Im hiding?

I said what I said and I stick by what I'm saying. People will make up all sorts of nonsense because they dont like Arteta. They will believe all rubbish and dismiss all things constructive because they dont like Arteta.

As I said to you in my last message... take a look around, I dont need say anything more to drive my point home. It hits right where it needs to hit.

Top Bottom