• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Is it an evergreen summer like Westeros in your alternate reality? Cause let me tell, ya, winter is coming.
Everyone seems to criticize, and rightly so but I think there are a lot of factors playing out of our hands. Xhaka couldn't avail himself for passes. You can't do that against European champions and expect anything different. Holding missed a sitter in a game where little things matter a lot! Our best defender had an off day. We also had better players out of contention!

Arteta has done a pretty decent job with the incomings this summer imo. I still think he should be afforded some more time but if he leaves, the next manager will benefit from that.

Those were my two points. Winter is already here. It might take some time but it will pass and even if the commander falls, his impact will make us survive this!

If you actually think about it, excessive moaning only makes it worse. Have some patience and support your club. There are no two ways about it!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Nightmare scenario; United sack Ole before we sack Arteta and appoint Conte.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why would they sack Ole? He just signed a new contract.
You never know. If he has a disastrous season, united will sack him especially if they don't qualify for Europe. They sacked Moyes when he had 5 years left on his deal :lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You never know. If he has a disastrous season, united will sack him especially if they don't qualify for Europe. They sacked Moyes when he had 5 years left on his deal :lol:
That's a long way off, if it ever does happen. Arteta is in immediate danger by all accounts.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I do agree with @HairSprayGooners about you can't really judge him or this season until we get our first team back. I think everyone apart from the oil clubs would struggle with that many first 11 players, we were unprepared for this season and got the worst luck facing Chelsea and City so early.

You're gonna save Arteta's Arsenal career, aren't ya? :lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
The jokes thing about these Arsenal shills like Amy and James of the Athletic, they don’t even like the senior players missing except Partey :lol:

They were screaming play kids, we play them, we lose then it’s like we’re missing 9 players.

Noooo, your manager is f*cking sh*t. Don’t pretend you want to see Lacazette and Willian.
I think even Lacazette's biggest haters (myself) would prefer to see him upfront over Balogun, I think the Martinelli hype has died now so everyone knows it could get way worse than Laca.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
You're gonna save Arteta's Arsenal career, aren't ya? :lol:
I don't think even my agendas are that strong, my track record has been impeccable though thank you for noticing Riou. I really do feel to be pro Arteta on a wind up though.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I do agree with @HairSprayGooners about you can't really judge him or this season until we get our first team back. I think everyone apart from the oil clubs would struggle with that many first 11 players, we were unprepared for this season and got the worst luck facing Chelsea and City so early.

Though this has some truth in it, it's not like his first 60 games for us have instilled some sort of faith in Arteta.

It was crap before and it still is. When Partey and Auba did play in pre season it was crap. Why would it not be crap in 3 weeks time when Norwich comes?

Top Bottom