• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Good riddance? Ha! Of course he should have gone earlier. For those of us who loved him, watching ****** like you and DT spout your hate filled abuse on social media was hard to take ngl. But seeing you fawning over Arteta as if he's the 2nd coming for achieving less than what you once despised, is very amusing bro. Every cloud has a silver lining.:lol:
What do I have to do with the big DT? He was an international internet celebrity! Poor me is just a random poster on a random fan forum!

Secondly, you were the one who wanted Arteta as a coach, where as I really didn't. Although I wanted Emery out once the **** really hit the fan at the end of his time here thanks to scumbags such as Özil poisoning the squad.

No, sorry mate, you are actually the one who has been wrong most of the time. But not that it matters besides some misplaced internet pride...

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Didn’t this all start because one group tried to say Arteta has
Your hatred for Mikel is so strong that you’re attacking me even though we’re on the same side.

I’m not angry though, I love it, this is why you in the anti-Mikel world XI.
Have you not felt the dark allure of Artetasexuality yet? Our XG is yuge!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Back to Mikel, he needs to put his love of Pep to one side and try to channel the imagination of Chapman, the defensive nous of Graham and the attacking prowess of Wenger. That's our history- not buying success. For now, I'll be happy with top 4 (as I've always been).

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Just to throw some salt in the wound. Don Carlo Ancelotti showing how the old school football can destroy that overrated modern football. Bald guy losing again! How can we expect his cone boy to make it lol!

yorch44

Your hatred for Mikel is so strong that you’re attacking me even though we’re on the same side.

I’m not angry though, I love it, this is why you in the anti-Mikel world XI.
Sorry, sometimes my English doesn't help. Though you were talking like some group invented that and not Arteta inferring he is in "harder" times.

yorch44

Back to Mikel, he needs to put his love of Pep to one side and try to channel the imagination of Chapman, the defensive nous of Graham and the attacking prowess of Wenger. That's our history- not buying success. For now, I'll be happy with top 4 (as I've always been).
Because Pep can't even buy the success lol! Imagine Liverpool win the league now!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd kinda worry about Arteta in a big CL game, he gives off the same nervous energy that Pep gives and believe me it does affect players. I don't think he's as bad but you really need to be a calming figure in those situations.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

To be fair I think he puts a lot of emphasis on the Graham side. The vast majority of his signings so far have been defenders, he's put more emphasis on that side of the game than the "Pep" side.

D

Deleted member 102404

I'd kinda worry about Arteta in a big CL game, he gives off the same nervous energy that Pep gives and believe me it does affect players. I don't think he's as bad but you really need to be a calming figure in those situations.

He's pretty young and inexperienced to be fair. I expect he'll calm down a bit. I hope so anyway.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
To me Arteta's biggest flaw is when he doesn't have his favoured 11 through injuries or whatever he often tries to overthink things or reinvent the wheel. Many times the obvious thing to do is the correct thing to do.

It will be interesting to see next season when he's fleshed this squad out with his signings if he'll still do the same in those situations. I hope not but if he does it'll be a major black mark against him for me.

To me Arteta's biggest flaw is when he doesn't have his favoured 11 through injuries or whatever he often tries to overthink things or reinvent the wheel. Many times the obvious thing to do is the correct thing to do.

Bastard!!! Overthinking the last 3 games with his 3rd striker, missing his best midfielder and full-backs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It will be interesting to see next season when he's fleshed this squad out with his signings if he'll still do the same in those situations. I hope not but if he does it'll be a major black mark against him for me.

Tbf coming through the Chelsea, Utd and West Ham games with 9 points like we did with key injuries was impressive.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbf coming through the Chelsea, Utd and West Ham games with 9 points like we did with key injuries was impressive.
A lot of luck. United hit the woodwork twice and Ronaldo missed a penalty, a rare moment. It could easily of gone wrong. Chelsea making a series of howlers at the back. And blocking shots with a packed box has gone well for us, ricochets have been very kind. This sort of game plan isn’t really sustainable.

The day I see us controlling sides, like that incredible but isolated first half against City, then it’ll be a game changer.

D

Deleted member 102404

A lot of luck. United hit the woodwork twice and Ronaldo missed a penalty, a rare moment. It could easily of gone wrong. Chelsea making a series of howlers at the back. And blocking shots with a packed box has gone well for us, ricochets have been very kind. This sort of game plan isn’t really sustainable.

The day I see us controlling sides, like that incredible but isolated first half against City, then it’ll be a game changer.

Overall we deserved to beat Utd.
We easily deserved to beat Chelsea.
West Ham was touch and go.

Think we also deserved to beat Southampton and Brighton, but lost both.

If you take our wins and complain we didn't win easily and were lucky, but ignore the games where we were unlucky you will no doubt end up with a negative perspective.

It's actually quite rare to totally control any side in the PL

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Mikels in game management also needs a bit of work. Specially now the water breaks are mostly gone.

Can't keep bringing Rob Holding 3 times to hold on to a lead and chasing one from behind has been a bit of a knock on this team.

Was it two games all season where we managed to bring it back?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Yeah it was but some of his weirdness in terms of personnel and tactics very likely cost us in the previous 3 games too.

I think Arteta has his best 11 sorted fine, when that's not available he often over thinks I believe.

yorch44

After he did overthink it 3 matches before. Seems like some here had the memory of a goldfish, only 3 matches memory.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but let’s be real in big games they tend to come down to luck.

Thought we were well on top against Chelsea and while the game could’ve ended any score that sometimes happens.

No matter what team you are I think it’s unrealistic to consistently control games against top 6 teams and win.

Likes of Man City and Real Madrid have failed to do it this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom