• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Keep seeing posts saying top 4 is seen as great now but in the past wasn't good enough. Thankfully the world isnt as black and white as statements like that.

Making top 4 now is a good achievement in the context of the competition for it. But in itself its useless if it isn't used as a platform for building success.
Yeah, the context of the competition. Sp**s, Chelsea, United mid season manager sackings and losing owners all struggling, Leicester firmly back to mid table, Everton dropping to the relegation zone.

You wouldn’t want it to be black and white. else it would a lot like double standards. Top 4 is a good achievement now, but 4th, to 3rd to 2nd and 2 cups when the purse strings were relaxed was sh!te in your book, and even decline as I recall. Lol.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Thoughts and prayers to all those affected by todays contract news. I hope you can find some peace. Never forget:

1651830792072.gif

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, the context of the competition. Sp**s, Chelsea, United mid season manager sackings and losing owners all struggling, Leicester firmly back to mid table, Everton dropping to the relegation zone.

You wouldn’t want it to be black and white. else it would a lot like double standards. Top 4 is a good achievement now, but 4th, to 3rd to 2nd and 2 cups when the purse strings were relaxed was sh!te in your book, and even decline as I recall. Lol.
Not rehashing old arguments.

Ill just state what ive continually said. Top 4 in itself isnt an achievement. Its what is done with it that matters. The applies now as much as it has at anytime in the past.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I wanted to be announced after we secure the top 4 or at least when season ended.

it was coming anyway deserve it or not important have stability and need very good summer now we back to European football. The club for first time moving in right road after last few years of bad decisions. There will still few up and downs and there will be times when Arteta make wierd decisions.

For those asking i didn't get pay raise Arteta took my salary. Bastard.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Us bottling top four wasn't ever going to matter, Bumnai already confirmed CL wasn't the target when he recently said the club is slightly ahead of where it was expecting to be. The only question is if the original target was Europa League or Europa Conference League?
Was this recent?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Based on where we are in the league this season it's hard to argue with him getting a new contract.

My issue is, a contract for a manager could be finalised and made public in 3-4 weeks time when the seasons over.

I don't like it. Arteta's new contract isn't the priority at this moment in time, nailing down 4th is. There shouldn't be distractions.

I'm sure this stuff is mainly done by agents and lawyers etc but you can't tell me this new contract wouldn't have been a distraction to Arteta to some degree, even if it's a small one.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

The worst part about the extension is having to read the same bollocks on here for the next three years.
Meh it’s alright. An extension makes sense even if the club aren’t sure. Mikel has done just about well enough that it would be reckless to let him enter next season with only a year left.

My issue is the fanbase (and I think the club) thinking we’ve tied down the next great manager when he still has it all to prove.

I can’t believe we have a song for him. :lol:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Meh it’s alright. An extension makes sense even if the club aren’t sure. Mikel has done just about well enough that it would be reckless to let him enter next season with only a year left.

My issue is the fanbase (and I think the club) thinking we’ve tied down the next great manager when he still has it all to prove.

I can’t believe we have a song for him. :lol:

The song is **** tbf, just copied Chelsea's Tuchel chant lmao.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Based on where we are in the league this season it's hard to argue with him getting a new contract.

My issue is, a contract for a manager could be finalised and made public in 3-4 weeks time when the seasons over.

I don't like it. Arteta's new contract isn't the priority at this moment in time, nailing down 4th is. There shouldn't be distractions.

I'm sure this stuff is mainly done by agents and lawyers etc but you can't tell me this new contract wouldn't have been a distraction to Arteta to some degree, even a small one.
@jones was saying that every club has a figurehead. Perez at madrid, Messi at Barca, Klopp at pool etc.

For some reason that is Mikel for us, still not really sure why, Auba was the only person that was close to his level of influence connected to the club and he’s gone now.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

@jones was saying that every club has a figurehead. Perez at madrid, Messi at Barca, Klopp at pool etc.

For some reason that is Mikel for us, still not really sure why, Auba was the only person that was close to his level of influence connected to the club and he’s gone now.
Think the players genuinely really like him, this contract might even be a boost for them. It's odd looking from the outside but I honestly think things are pretty rosey inside now

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

LOL I'm gutted can't even hide it. Makes sense and even said he should get his extension but ah man.. Anyways you guys enjoy.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Think the players genuinely really like him, this contract might even be a boost for them. It's odd looking from the outside but I honestly think things are pretty rosey inside now
I think they respect him but I’m not sure if like is the word. Seeing as it’s practically his team I think they are all grateful to him and work hard for him. Every player in and around the first eleven has him to thank for it after all.

But considering Gabriel came out and said that everybody liked Auba and we saw how he was treated (along with others) I’m sure he’s more of an authoritarian than the father figure Wenger was.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice

Yeah but those guys achieved stuff at their clubs to make themselves indispensable figureheads.

A don't think a good performance like getting top 4 is quite in the same bracket 😁

You can't force a figurehead or a totem for a club it has to happen organically.

North_Bank_Gooner

Commander of the Coneboy Brigade
What a ****ing disgrace, this club clearly has no ambition extending conemans contract.
I supposed this will be Artetas one and only top chance at a big club, he'll be at Espanyol in 5 years time, no way Man CIty are stupid enough to hire him after they sack Pep after failing to win CL again next year.
Say goodbye to any trophies for the next 3 years.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom