• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well we got into EL now and had good chance to get into CL this year.

So in same year we decided to go for very young and inexperienced squad we are still seeing progress from times when the team was spiralling out of control towards being a total ****.
Reaching Europa league is good season for Arsenal now? So basically being down the standards so much that mediocre season is seen as good. No big club has ever been described as good season for reaching Europa league

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can see why people say if we don't get 4th this season, it could result in his sacking at some point next season, like Emery in 2019...vibes are eerily similar, sadly.

I think the thing that puts the most pressure on him, is his decision to give Auba away needlessly.

I honestly think if we still had Pierre, but we missed out to Sp**s on Champions League...people would obviously be very disappointed, but would be much more open to him trying to progress the team next season...as we give it our best, with what should have been our full team.

But if we don't get 4th now without Auba, it's because Mikel needlessly handicapped us in January for no reason...not saying Pierre would have guaranteed 4th, but even an of form Auba scored double digit league goals last season...you would much rather have him than the CF situation we have now.

Not sure if not getting 4th will definitely result in a poor season next year, but after that CF decision he made he has kinda made a rod for his own back...if we do go into next season with no Champions League football, the first bump in the road we hit could get quickly exacerbated quite easily.

Reaching Europa league is good season for Arsenal now? So basically being down the standards so much that mediocre season is seen as good. No big club has ever been described as good season for reaching Europa league

It's just the level we are currently at right now and have been at for a very long time.

Catching up and starting competing for the big trophies won't happen overnight.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I can see why people say if we don't get 4th this season, it could result in his sacking at some point next season, like Emery in 2019...vibes are eerily similar, sadly.

I think the thing that puts the most pressure on him, is his decision to give Auba away needlessly.

I honestly think if we still had Pierre, but we missed out to Sp**s on Champions League...people would obviously be very disappointed, but would be much more open to him trying to progress the team next season...as we give it our best, with what should have been our full team.

But if we don't get 4th now without Auba, it's because Mikel needlessly handicapped us in January for no reason...not saying Pierre would have guaranteed 4th, but even an of form Auba scored double digit league goals last season...you would much rather have him than the CF situation we have now.

Not sure if not getting 4th will definitely result in a poor season next year, but after that CF decision he made he has kinda made a rod for his own back...if we do go into next season with no Champions League football, the first bump in the road we hit could get quickly exacerbated quite easily.

I would agree if they didn’t hand him 4 year deal. They also depend on Arteta behind the scene because there are no football people. I honestly don’t see him getting sacked finishing 5th and top 6 next season. Too much has changed at the club since he took over for top 4 to be a must

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Translation: Lego-Pep had better start counting his blocks. He's not long for that chair.

Riou

I would agree if they didn’t hand him 4 year deal. They also depend on Arteta behind the scene because there are no football people. I honestly don’t see him getting sacked finishing 5th and top 6 next season. Too much has changed at the club since he took over for top 4 to be a must

Yeah, I think Europa League will be the minimum now...as long as he gets that, can't see the club sacking him.

If he has another run like he did in the first half of last season (as this will happen with fans at the ground again, which makes a difference) I think that's what it may take for the board to consider a change.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
That's the problem. There have been too many losses, poor performances and dodgy tactics around the corner and too often, when there was no reason. There's a limit to how long inexperience will be excused when a ton of money has been spent and a fair bit of time has passed. We can't keep saying nice things just for the sake of it.
Inexperience is never a value excuse. Arsenal is a bug club that’s expected to win trophies. We’re not a club that’s supposed to be a managers training school. He should do that in the lower leagues.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
It's just the level we are currently at right now and have been at for a very long time.

Catching up and starting competing for the big trophies won't happen overnight.
Actual ****ing lies. Pre Arteta, league finishes were 5th, 6th and 5th and all with deep EL runs. Prior to that, CL for 20 ducking years. Arteta is the **** who took us out of Europe despite a combined investment of €450m+ into the squad since we finished 5th in 2019.

For the record, when Arteta was hired, goal was too 4 by 20/21 season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Actual ****ing lies. Pre Arteta, league finishes were 5th, 6th and 5th and all with deep EL runs. Prior to that, CL for 20 ducking years. Arteta is the **** who took us out of Europe despite a combined investment of €450m+ into the squad since we finished 5th in 2019.

For the record, when Arteta was hired, goal was too 4 by 20/21 season.
Let's hope he's only a year late with the above aim. 🙏

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
I think the issue with Arteta is that he can't manage big players with egos hence why he got rid of Boomerang.

Some critique Pep for the same thing but he has an extensive list of trophies to point to if one of his players steps out of line. Plus he's Pep Guardiola. Tricky Micky wasn't even that good of a player.

I think you'll scrape 4th but it will be because Man Utd are horrible & Sp**s have bottled it, not because of Tricky Micky's managerial nous.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think the issue with Arteta is that he can't manage big players with egos hence why he got rid of Boomerang.

Some critique Pep for the same thing but he has an extensive list of trophies to point to if one of his players steps out of line. Plus he's Pep Guardiola. Tricky Micky wasn't even that good of a player.

I think you'll scrape 4th but it will be because Man Utd are horrible & Sp**s have bottled it, not because of Tricky Micky's managerial nous.
You’re chatting ****e as usual. If we get fourth we’ll have done so getting 70+pts which is more than the average usually needed to finish fourth.

United aren’t the benchmark for anything these days, you’re a ****e club in a worse state than us.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
You’re chatting ****e as usual. If we get fourth we’ll have done so getting 70+pts which is more than the average usually needed to finish fourth.

United aren’t the benchmark for anything these days, you’re a ****e club in a worse state than us.
I'm speaking truth and you don't want to hear it. Sp**s are a far better team than Arsenal with a far better manager. They'll get the Top 4 trophy you all moaned about Wenger getting every season anyway.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm speaking truth and you don't want to hear it. Sp**s are a far better team than Arsenal with a far better manager. They'll get the Top 4 trophy you all moaned about Wenger getting every season anyway.
Make up your mind numbnuts.

Riou

You can't really say we only got Champions League, because others bottled it.

As if you go down that route, then you could say the only reason other teams got Top 4, is because we have been pretty poor since 2016 on...so no one earns anything, everyone else just bottles it.

If we get it, we will deserve it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I see your point. But if you look at last few years. It’s always been either Sp**s, us or United who had terrible season. We are not good team. But I also don’t see Sp**s and United both getting over 72 points next season. It’s always one or two teams who underperform. I wonder if there ever been 5 teams in pl with 72 or more points?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom