• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

goonerfamily

Just about deserves to keep his job for finishing in the top 6. I know people will say we overachieved given where we were at the start of the season, but it is much easier to perform when you have a week between games and no European football.

For me, we have to spend big this summer and get a couple of proven goal scorers in early (Tammy and Jesus). Our business needs to be done early, we cant start the season again with a 9 point deficit. All business done, with adequate preseason, before the first game of the window.

No renewing of unreliable players like Elneny and Nketiah. Sick notes like Tierney, Tomiyasu and Partey need to have reliable competition. The downgrade from Tierney to Tavares and Partey to Elneny is disgraceful for a club with top four ambitions.

He needs to be on course for a top four finish by the end of September, or he should be sacked and replaced with a manger with experience... We should've got Conte last summer anyway but I digress.

Last point, we had a real chance to get Top Four in Jan and sold our best striker and brought in no one! Absurd decision from Edu and Arteta. Ironically we probably make it this year if we sign Guimaraes and keep Aubameyang. Edu and Arteta need to be under serious pressure this summer

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Conte's mentality monsters finished us off let's be honest, then Conte finished Arteta in the presser. It's not a W I take happily but the story of A-M remains the same.

Fine margins in this game of football, on another day we would get the advantage and qualify ahead of Sp**s.

These boys will learn and come back stronger next season.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Oh they had something to play for tonight, and they achieved their goal of stopping us getting CL football. They played out of their skins tonight, much like Palace the other day, so credit to them.

We couldnt cope with their pressing today and we pay for it with CL qualification. It hurts to lose it to Sp**s of course.

But overall I think we gave it our best, considering all our limitations and the risks we took this season.

Didn't give it our best, SA. Sorry.

We gambled on not signing a striker and a midfielder. This is the position we find ourselves in because of that, among other things.

We had it in our hands and we fumbled it. Club and manager deserve a LOT of critiscm if we fail.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Very much an Emery style feeling of the writing being on the wall now. Can't be chucking away chances like this when you get them. Just don't see where we go from here.

This is why you don't announce new deals before the job is done. Instead of going into the summer with a bit of hope it feels very doom and gloom again.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Elneny, Pepe, Cedric, Nuno,
Just about deserves to keep his job for finishing in the top 6. I know people will say we overachieved given where we were at the start of the season, but it is much easier to perform when you have a week between games and no European football.

For me, we have to spend big this summer and get a couple of proven goal scorers in early (Tammy and Jesus). Our business needs to be done early, we cant start the season again with a 9 point deficit. All business done, with adequate preseason, before the first game of the window.

No renewing of unreliable players like Elneny and Nketiah. Sick notes like Tierney, Tomiyasu and Partey need to have reliable competition. The downgrade from Tierney to Tavares and Partey to Elneny is disgraceful for a club with top four ambitions.

He needs to be on course for a top four finish by the end of September, or he should be sacked and replaced with a manger with experience... We should've got Conte last summer anyway but I digress.

Last point, we had a real chance to get Top Four in Jan and sold our best striker and brought in no one! Absurd decision from Edu and Arteta. Ironically we probably make it this year if we sign Guimaraes and keep Aubameyang. Edu and Arteta need to be under serious pressure this summer
We now need to be smart in the market. Don't break the bank for players like Tielemans ffs.

Tomi, Partey and Tierney definitely can't be relied upon. Hickey isn't an upgrade on Tierney. Molina is different to Tomi and if we extend Elneny to back up Partey then I am out.

We need to be ruthless and recruit properly. Recruit so we have a squad that can compete in both top 4 and Europa. Otherwise we will be in the position of going deep in the Europa, prioritising it over the league and then meeting a top team in the semis.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Does anyone have the HT stats? If you didn't know about either teams there is no way you'd guess which manager is the one that took over a relegation bound team 6 month ago and which manager is the one that's been at the job for almost 3 years and had the highest spending spree in Europe.

Honestly anyone who still thinks Arteta is a good manager or even has the potential to be one is a clown.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
FS6GfzTUEAAPm3C

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Mikel Arteta is an absolutely mediocre manager at best, that's all there is to say. He achieved 5th because United were even worse and Leicester/West Ham were focused on Europe. Two 8th placed finished and 5th when top 4 was given to us on a silver platter after all the money given to him is pretty poor. He coached his first XI well-ish, but how many managers would've achieved more if they could keep their first XI fit? Ranieri won the title with Leicester because theirs stayed fit.

MauveGunner

Player:Rice
I really wanted to see a fight for tye CL spots this year and see better performances on the pitch. I have seen the fight for the Cl spot, but the football was bang average at times.

We are too easy to play, overpower us and we don't have answers. Even with all the spendings in the summer, improvements are not that big.

Excuses of inexperience are just hiding the other issues. Weak gameplans, barely answers to certain situations, no leadership,...

We lose 2 players and we look like a bottom 6 team instead of a top 6 one. I will keep on backing the club but man, there is still a LOT of work this summer. Europe will get you some players.

I really don't what to think about next season but expectations are not going to be set high and I will watch the ride unfold.

One thing is sure: homework must be done early if we even want a chance with a season fighting for CL, EL and good cup runs.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'd love to go to bed & wake up knowing he was sacked. But, that's too much to hope for from this feckless ownership & board.

The least they could do is not back him financially. Let him go into the season with the players he has & supplement them with the youth team.

By the time he's sacked in November & we bring in Potter, he can finish in the best position he can muster before being given the full financial muscle that was meant from this tw*t!

shoot for the top

Elneny, Pepe, Cedric, Nuno,

We now need to be smart in the market. Don't break the bank for players like Tielemans ffs.

Tomi, Partey and Tierney definitely can't be relied upon. Hickey isn't an upgrade on Tierney. Molina is different to Tomi and if we extend Elneny to back up Partey then I am out.

We need to be ruthless and recruit properly. Recruit so we have a squad that can compete in both top 4 and Europa. Otherwise we will be in the position of going deep in the Europa, prioritising it over the league and then meeting a top team in the semis.
Hasn't Arteta been "ruthless" since he has been here?

Top Bottom