• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
So none of this @samspade stuff about changing the rotten culture and developing a squad for the future. Basically what I think your standpoint is:

Arteta and Edu haven’t been good enough so far, but they’re learning on the job, might as well stick with it because KSE have committed to it now and aren’t going to change. Let’s relax and see where it goes, they might surprise us, who knows.

No frills, no bull sh!t. I can live with that.
I can’t live with it. Which is why I’m doing a financial boycott of the club. They won’t care but they won’t see a dime from me while this madness is happening.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
So squad management has cost him lol. Why not sign Bruno G in Jan? 🤣
That tweeter include a fantasy scenario (when VAR) went against us so that she/ he could excluded any games they wanted. it’s more than just squad management that he’s poor at.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

That tweeter include a fantasy scenario (when VAR) went against us so that she/ he could excluded any games they wanted. it’s more than just squad management that he’s poor at.
Game management too then haha

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Might be slightly too early to ask this, but seeing as Arteta will be here next season, how well (or not well) do you think he'll do?

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
1) Have no idea how you can make a good, or convincing argument for this, tbh.
2) How does that make any sense, given the data I present above? Really a quite confusing statement, tbh.

What's really telling for me is that all of the people pushing the anti-Arteta agenda magically airbrush Em*ry's 19-20 performance or the actual state of the club when Arteta picked it up was (which is of course, directly related to Em*ry's 19-20 performance). It's really, really quite baffling to me, and amazing that people can feel comfortable completely comfortable removing such massively relevant and signficant inputs from the argument, and feeling that their argument is still coherent.

To me, like I say, it's really quite telling, and can tell you a good deal about who is a serious poster, who is someone really considering the facts and the argument, and who is just looking to confirm their biases and pre-conceived feelings.

Anyways, typical of my arguments in these threads, I started mentioning a major concern about Arteta (how we can be dominated so roundly by lower sides like Palace, Brighton, or Newcastle in full halves), to offering counter-arguments to radical arguments that are rather hard to accept or give any reasonable support. Which is typically what happens. It is hard to have any kind of interesting discussion when it is foam at the mouth times in this thread, or really even in the best of times.
I think I've explained myself. You don't have to agree. Data and stats aren't mathematical absolutes and paint one picture that anyone can interpret anyway they choose-especially if they're not pisted in isolation. I trust you'll ignore my posts if I'm not a serous poster but I won't be forced to swallow what I perceive as your data protected propaganda just because you think it's an absolute fact. Your haughty and superior tone is noted but like Boris, you can't make me agree with you.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Might be slightly too early to ask this, but seeing as Arteta will be here next season, how well (or not well) do you think he'll do?
In terms of keague position, possibly worse than this season. Without CL, I suspect we won't get the targets we really need abd even if by some miracle we do, the links to defensive players seem more concrete than our links to atrackers. Therefore, our awful chance creation may well remain static especially if he sticks with a midfield duo that's failed for six years.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't know man.

Does it even matter? We're being told the board have their own expectations of him which we fans are not privy to. So if he meets the board's target, he'll stay on.

So we just have to hope that the board's target includes finishing top 4.

To answer your question, I don't think he'll do much better than this season. We had everything falling in place for us this season and we still messed up. The prevailing excuse last season was that we played poorly due to having to having Europa mid week games and that this season we were going to play exponentially better due to lack of European commitment. But here we are.

Imagine having to navigate Europa games next season added to a myriad of issues the club is already facing. I'm afraid it ain't gonna be pretty. Think he might get exposed next season. But then again, he survived December 2020.

Latest posts

Top Bottom