• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Might be slightly too early to ask this, but seeing as Arteta will be here next season, how well (or not well) do you think he'll do?

If we'd gotten top 4 I really think the level of players we could attract would go up a notch. I could then see us starting to establish ourselves at that level in the league again along with maybe a last 16 place in the CL, depending on how good a draw we'd get.

With us finishing 5th though, I think it will be a year like 2020/21 again. 6th/8th finish with a run to the quarters or semi finals of the Europa.

Last edited:

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
At risk of sounding like a shill, I think Arteta is actually trying to be very brave actually. Pushing us up the way we do, especially with us being so poor in creating and finishing chances.

Call it principles, call it stupidity, but look at how we played for the first 20 minutes at Sp**s. We didnt have to push up so much and pressure them from the front, but we did. We could have just sat back and forced them to play as they were ones desperate for points.
Agree he has balls; the way he left himself so short in January with CL on the line ( why get rid of chambers and AMN for example), and yes, trying to press Sp**s at home. He is brave, however, I don't think very smart. I'm surprised by some of his decision making, he doesn't seem to be very smart at all. Also his inability to change a match mid-game suggests his lack of tactical nous and game intelligence.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Agree he has balls; the way he left himself so short in January with CL on the line ( why get rid of chambers and AMN for example), and yes, trying to press Sp**s at home. He is brave, however, I don't think very smart. I'm surprised by some of his decision making, he doesn't seem to be very smart at all. Also his inability to change a match mid-game suggests his lack of tactical nous and game intelligence.

Yeah, he doesnt want to work with what's available and put something together in the short term to get the needed results. As seen with AMN, Auba, Guendouzi, etc. It has to do with his personality, a you with me completely or against me type mindset.

GoonerJay24

Why have we been given two managers in a row whose football is so pathetically bad that we're relegation candidates for chance creation?

After all those years of Arsène's football, and us building a rep as THE club to play good football with technical players, we've somehow undone it all and become a team with zero identity and a collective technical quality of Wigan Athletic.

Please can someone tell me why this has happened and is still happening?

This will sound vague and probably someone will elaborate better than me, but just feel Arsenal English football fans don't understand Wenger's philosophy. Therefore he got hounded out, coaches who replaced him don't really know how to replicate that playing style.

Although there lies similarities, Wengerball was very different to Tika-Taka or Guardiolas style and probably more complex to coach. It's a template that enables players to technically express themselves cohesively within a quick passing combination team structure. Defensively, we were too open though and frequently conceded from transitions.

Last edited:

MATHEO

People forget that Arteta is a young manager whos still finding his feet, testing his ideas and formations, Its ridiculous to compare him to experienced world class managers, If you think that Arsenal is "entitled" to a world class manager who might do more than we have at the moment, then thats your subjective perspective.

For me, a club should sack a manager when he shows no signs of improvement or in a downward spiral,
But Arteta has improved the team a lot compared to Emery's days. We were very close to qualifying to UCL with the youngest and thinnest squad in the PL. He created a united, committed, and a talented young team, and he also displayed that he has the tactical nous and flexibility to manage games.

He made many mistakes and got many things wrong but he showed enough for the club to bet on him for the future. They see him as a long term manager for this club rather than a short term fix, Arteta himself will improve as a manager alongside his young squad. Once you put things into perspective and evaluate him as a growing manager rather than a finished product then things look different. and I would bet on him growing into a world class manager whos committed to Arsenal on the long run.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

People forget that Arteta is a young manager whos still finding his feet, testing his ideas and formations, Its ridiculous to compare him to experienced world class managers, If you think that Arsenal is "entitled" to a world class manager who might do more than we have at the moment, then thats your subjective perspective.

For me, a club should sack a manager when he shows no signs of improvement or in a downward spiral,
But Arteta has improved the team a lot compared to Emery's days. We were very close to qualifying to UCL with the youngest and thinnest squad in the PL. He created a united, committed, and a talented young team, and he also displayed that he has the tactical nous and flexibility to manage games.

He made many mistakes and got many things wrong but he showed enough for the club to bet on him for the future. They see him as a long term manager for this club rather than a short term fix, Arteta himself will improve as a manager alongside his young squad. Once you put things into perspective and evaluate him as a growing manager rather than a finished product then things look different. and I would bet on him growing into a world class manager whos committed to Arsenal on the long run.

We have made zero progress with him.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Shame Dream Team isn't on TV anymore, tbh.

Mad Mikel would have been an excellent choice of manager for Harchester United, would fit in perfectly with all the lies/blackmail/murder at that club.

Olivier_Giroud

Like you said, he is not very smart, well he is not smart at all and in fact the exact opposite.

Sometimes stupid decisions which Mikhail Arteta are prone to do can be misconstrued as Brave...

Arteta always does this dumb, mind-boggling "Brave" decisions because he lacks the required mental capacity to think things through.

For example the Sp**s game, as it was a very important, Top 4 defining game so everyone was pumped up and raring to go. Arteta with his lack of intelligence rather than adjust things tactically ,which he lacked the nous to do so, instead rode with the tide, go full on press against them and ended up getting humiliated. That was not brave, that was just plain stupid because we needed just to hold the line as we only have to earn a point at that juncture.

"Sometimes, there's a fine line between bravery and utter stupidity." - Andrew Flintoff referring to Mikhail Arteta

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

The voicemail I’m leaving Mikel once 5th is secured and we finish below Sp**s yet again.

Love this comment...

"It's hilarious to imagine that this is just what Austin does: just hanging out underneath some bridge or an overpass, holding some stick he found, yelling conspiratorial accusations and insults."

:lol:

ArtetaOut

Why the **** should our club be a training ground for a rookie like Cone Boy in the first place. We're Arsenal FC and not Everton ffs. The club's his employer and not the other way round. If he ****s up at his job then he must go just like any one else. There is simply no excuses for his failure this season. Hundreds of millions spent, with no European commitment and with a very kind fixture schedule aided by Covid, and he still ****ed up big time. Look at how Conte turned around the fortune of Spuds within such a short period of time. **** his "process" and excuses.

MATHEO

We have made zero progress with him.
I swear people forget how awful we were under Emery,

Im not cherry picking, we were constantly outplayed and outshot by the likes of Watford and Burnley almost every week, reality is that we were really lucky to get 5th with Emery having outperformed our xG and it really showed in his next season.

With Arteta this season, we were really unlucky not to finish 4th or even 3rd, The Newcastle game was a disaster but most of the other games we lost were by really thin margins, we lost key players like Tomi and Keiran and Partey for long periods and we had to battle the whole season with a finished Lacazette and Nketiah up top (which is admittedly Artetas fault for letting Auba go without a replacement). All that despite having a way less experienced and thinner squad compared to Emery, and all the money that we cleared off the wage bill will be reinvested in the team reportedly. There's a lot more optimism towards the next season compared to the optimism towards the second season of Emerys.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
We keep choosing the novice over people who are actually capable of doing the rebuild. People who have talent and experience. All Mikel has right now is potential.
Arteta has 'potential' potential, big difference. People think there's something there because he's worked as a right hand man for Guardiola, he never was successful as a reserves or even U18 coach by himself before. His main characteristic for why people think he could become great is that he's relatively young.

Another young manager in Nagelsmann started aged 19 as Thomas Tuchel's assistant for Augsburg's reserves, then joined the coaching staff at 1860 Munich and worked himself through the ranks as U17 coach, U19 coach and part of Hoffenheim's staff for eight years before getting the main job in a Bundesliga team. He was also considered the biggest managing talent by almost anyone at the German coaching academy. That's Hoffenheim betting on his actual "potential".

Tedesco did the same thing, was a big success as a coach at youth level then earned his jump to the top flight by saving Aue from relegation from the second tier. He then got Schalke to 2nd place in his first Bundesliga season, after getting best ever marks at the academy.

Arteta's CV is Sterling giving interviews to Sky how smart he is and Pep "more than you believe happy new year" ****ing Guardiola propping him up. It's the equivalent of saying Craig Eastmond or Mark Randall had potential at the top level because they somehow ended up in our academy.

Top Bottom